God Bless Chuck Hagel

Enough... Let the daughter thing go there, Dix. You said there were reports that he did stuff to his family, he reciprocated, it was DISGUSTING. I don't want it on this board...

I said (in the context of giving an example) that others claimed he was a pedophile, I never mentioned his family, nor did I ever state that I believed the charges, nor was that the point I was making in bringing it up. The point that seems to have flown comfortably over his head, was about being accused or suspected without proof and without an opportunity to respond to the charges. That point is still valid, and I have nothing to apologize for in making it.

Regardless of that, what he said in response, was disturbing to me as a parent as well as offensive and disgusting, and it was highly indicative of chronic predatory behavior. I have never posted something so perverted and sick about anyone on a message board, much less their children, and I can't forgive or forget it.

Damo, you seem to think I am supposed to just drop it and let him keep on spewing his slanderous lies about it and acting like he didn't do anything that wasn't justified. I'm sorry, I don't see it that way, and if we were talking about your daughter, you might see it differently.

I will make an effort to not bring it up again here, but if he mentions it again, I will respond and I will set the record straight on it. I have no intention of letting him manipulate the facts and spread his lies. I can ignore him, I have done so in my CP, but when someone else posts his quotes, I read them, and I'm going to say what I have to say.

Dixie asserted that those other posters (michaelK and toby) were "CREDIBLE" and that their accusations against me were "CREDIBLE"....and he kept it up in thread after thread... I asked him nicely to PLEASE apologize, and I asked him in U2Us to PLEASE apologize...and he NEVER did and I retaliated ONCE and apologized IMMEDIATELY. He is a slanderous shithead and I swear...he'll savage this site just like he did FP.com. Beware, Damo.... beware.

UPDATE:

Hagel, on CBS face the nation today:

Hagel: Iraq Is ‘A Hopeless, Winless Situation’

Appearing today on CBS Face the Nation, Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) described Iraq as “a hopeless, winless situation.” He harshly criticized the Bush administration’s recent decision to increase troop levels calling it “very wrong” and “irresponsible.”

Hagel said Iraq was “headed” toward a civil war. He was adamant that “we cannot put American troops, and ask them to do the things that we’re asking them to do in the middle of a civil war.” Hagel added, “I hope this administration has got a way out of this.”

video at thinkprogress

UPDATE:

Hagel, on CBS face the nation today:

Hagel: Iraq Is ‘A Hopeless, Winless Situation’

Appearing today on CBS Face the Nation, Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE) described Iraq as “a hopeless, winless situation.” He harshly criticized the Bush administration’s recent decision to increase troop levels calling it “very wrong” and “irresponsible.”

Hagel said Iraq was “headed” toward a civil war. He was adamant that “we cannot put American troops, and ask them to do the things that we’re asking them to do in the middle of a civil war.” Hagel added, “I hope this administration has got a way out of this.”

video at thinkprogress

Obviously Chuck Hagel is a radical leftist. He's as liberal as Pat Buchanan. Communists if you will.

You know, one of the most interesting -- and I mean that in the Chinese sense, as in "may you live in interesting times" -- developments in political discourse of the modern era is the hijacking of religion by the far right. Many people just assume that any "Christian" is a conservative.

In fact, the American liberal movement(s) have been basically run out of Christian churches for at least 60 years. I've been to more protest organizing meetings and the like in churches than in any other kind of building. By far. Mostly Unitarian and Methodist but also a few storefront churches and even the odd Catholic or Episcopalian cathedral.

Exactly. Martin Luther King was nobody's conservative,and the pastor of the Methodist church I attended as a kid marched with him in Selma. The Civil Rights movement was born in the churches. And let's not forget the Berrigan brothers.

Um, okay so according to you, "more people in this country believe.....Iraq was a legitimate second stop after Afghanistan" however most of the major polling agencies over the last year throughout this country have different view:

http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/10/opinion/polls/main930772.shtml

"More than half of Americans – 55% - think the U.S. should have stayed out of Iraq (the highest figure to date)"
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-06-13-poll-results_x.htm
"Still, 51% say the war was a mistake."

Hmmmmm, who am I going to believe: Dixie's inner feelings or findings in a numerous studies?

Unless you are going to try to play your famous word games with us and tell us that by "more" you meant more than 10 people.

No, no, no. The polls disagree with Dixie. Therefore the polls MUST be wrong.

I guess you must have missed the two preceding paragraphs, where I explained how the polls are not an accurate representation? I understand what your polls say, I understand you believe in the polls like the freaking Gospels, and I understand you are banking on the polls being right, I think you are fucking up! I don't think, for one second, that America is ready to cut-n-run in Iraq!

That's right: you don't think for one second. Yet you still insist on posting the results of that millisecond of thought.

Damn you is a dumbsumbitch! keyword maincoon LIKE

And yes, to cut and run now would be a clear victory for terrorists everywhere!

No, staying there is a victory for terrorists. Our occupation of an Islamic country is their best recruiting tool. There is no way in hell to defeat terrorists militarily. You can't bomb them out of existence, and the "collateral damage" plays right into their hands. Thre will be no military victory for us in Iraq, so we can either withdraw from a poor strategic position or conrinue losing lives and money to no good end. By the way, lose the "cut and run". That's a phrase for parrots, and indicates intellectual laziness.

Yep when all else fails try to go with the grammer attack.:rolleyes:

Let me put it a way that maybe even you can understand:

Like[/b] as in a view shared amongst others.

Rest[/b] as in the dems.

Now can you see what I attempted to say? sorry if it was not up to your highly perfect way of posting there numbnuts...

Bullshit. You said "like the rest of the dems", a phrase which can only be interpreted one way: that you thought Hagel was a Dem. If that's not what you neant to say, then you have a serious problem and should probably learn to write in standard English.

We'll just have wait a few more years, not many, until Iran can develop a nuke....and probably with a little help from N. Korea or who knows who; get a few missiles to deliver them...the left will be crying a different tune....

We shoulda blah, blah, blah...
We coulda blah, blah, blah
Its all the Republicans fault and blah, blah, blah

while watching Isreal and maybe a few western or european citys melt....

It ain't gonna be pretty...

There will be no missiles with nuclear warheads launched against the west. In the first place,there is no reason, when a bomb in a cargo container with a GPS trigger will do just as well. Not to mention there;s this litle problem with launching a nuclear-armed missile: it can be traced back to its launch site, and we still have over 6000 nukes in our arsenal. Do the math.

It isn't possible for any group or country to destroy the US. Nobody has the ability to invade and occupy this cuntry. SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ALL SO AFRAID OF? THAT YOU WOULD LET GEORGE BUSH STRIP AWAY YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GUISE OF "PROTECTIONG YOU" Protecting us from what? We lose more people to traffic accidents every year than we ever have to terrorism Ten times the 9/11 toll are killed every year by gunshot in the US

No, staying there is a victory for terrorists. Our occupation of an Islamic country is their best recruiting tool. There is no way in hell to defeat terrorists militarily. You can't bomb them out of existence, and the "collateral damage" plays right into their hands. Thre will be no military victory for us in Iraq, so we can either withdraw from a poor strategic position or continue losing lives and money to no good end. By the way, lose the "cut and run". That's a phrase for parrots, and indicates intellectual laziness.

You are an idiot. You are basically saying, there is no way to defeat the radical Islamic terrorists, so why bother? Idiots like yourself and Neville Chamberlain, said we couldn't defeat Nazism.

Have you looked at a mid-eastern map lately? WTF do you mean, "poor strategic position"? Seems to me, a military presence smack-dab in the center of radical Islam, separating Syria and Iran, is a pretty damn nice strategic advantage to have in the War on Terror.

It's almost like you are on the verge of understanding it all, you indicate that you believe we can't "bomb them out of existence." Yet, you don't seem to have any understanding of the overall plan, and how that is precisely why Iraq needs to be a thriving Arab democracy. WE can't "change the hearts and minds!" ARABS can! Through democracy, radicalism fails to thrive, you can find great examples of that in our own society. We know this works, it requires real democracy, free elections, giving the people a voice in politics. When that happens, radicals are marginalized and civilized society flourishes.

Your problem is, you want a 'quick fix' to this, you don't see it as a real threat, you don't think a little terrorism here and there is any big deal, and you'd rather just stick your head in the sand and pretend everything is fine. You've got no solution for defeating the threat, other than to cut, run, surrender, retreat, and capitulate to France and the UN as leaders of the world.

The first step to dealing with the problem, is reforming the governments that have been taken over by religious kooks like Armageddonegoninsane. Believe it or not, Islamic radicalism is not the predominate thinking across the middle east, the majority of Arabs want no part of the radical terrorism, so it's not like we are fighting a losing battle. You establish democracy in a few of these oil-rich countries, and you'll start to see a change across the middle east with regard to the radicalism.

Of course, you still have your idiot head in the sand, refusing to acknowledge radical Islamic terrorism as a problem, even though we have lost over 3,000 citizens to it. When you are on your knees in front of a video camera, with a knife at your throat, ready to take your last gurgle, is not the time to become concerned over radical Islamic terror. Unfortunately, some people are just that stupid.

cramming western style democracy down Iraq's throat at the point of a gun held by an occupying Christian army was never a winning proposition. It is borne out of the willful ignorance of the Bush administration who failed to understand that the imposed borders of the country of Iraq surrounded three different ethnic groups who have no desire to live peacefully with one another.

Ascribing this bungled mess as having anything to do with the war on terror that was brought to our shores on 9/11 is a terrible combination of foolish and dangerous.

Watching the Bushies continuing to punch this tarbaby is clear and convincing evidence that we desperately need a change in leadership in Washington.

Bullshit. You said "like the rest of the dems", a phrase which can only be interpreted one way: that you thought Hagel was a Dem. If that's not what you neant to say, then you have a serious problem and should probably learn to write in standard English.

Man, what rock did this sir evil dude crawl out from under? He's just like a Dixie-clone: trying to dodge and spin his way out from under his own words. Its clear to the casual observer, that he though Hagel was a Democrat.

you missed his opening day when he attempted to pass off that long ago debunked editing of Ollie North's testimony where "Abu Nidal" was changed to read "Osama bin Laden" as a way of showing that we knew what a bad guy OBL was even before Clinton took office and therefore, Clinton had no excuse for not taking him into custody when the Sudan supposedly offered him up. He even tried to spin away from THAT!

you missed his opening day when he attempted to pass off that long ago debunked editing of Ollie North's testimony where "Abu Nidal" was changed to read "Osama bin Laden" as a way of showing that we knew what a bad guy OBL was even before Clinton took office and therefore, Clinton had no excuse for not taking him into custody when the Sudan supposedly offered him up. He even tried to spin away from THAT!

Yeah, I've noticed his intellectual dishonesty. The sir evil dude, is just another Dixie and Toby-clone. Total bush-apologist.

No, staying there is a victory for terrorists. Our occupation of an Islamic country is their best recruiting tool. There is no way in hell to defeat terrorists militarily. You can't bomb them out of existence, and the "collateral damage" plays right into their hands. Thre will be no military victory for us in Iraq, so we can either withdraw from a poor strategic position or continue losing lives and money to no good end. By the way, lose the "cut and run". That's a phrase for parrots, and indicates intellectual laziness.

You are an idiot. You are basically saying, there is no way to defeat the radical Islamic terrorists, so why bother? Idiots like yourself and Neville Chamberlain, said we couldn't defeat Nazism.

Have you looked at a mid-eastern map lately? WTF do you mean, "poor strategic position"? Seems to me, a military presence smack-dab in the center of radical Islam, separating Syria and Iran, is a pretty damn nice strategic advantage to have in the War on Terror.

It's almost like you are on the verge of understanding it all, you indicate that you believe we can't "bomb them out of existence." Yet, you don't seem to have any understanding of the overall plan, and how that is precisely why Iraq needs to be a thriving Arab democracy. WE can't "change the hearts and minds!" ARABS can! Through democracy, radicalism fails to thrive, you can find great examples of that in our own society. We know this works, it requires real democracy, free elections, giving the people a voice in politics. When that happens, radicals are marginalized and civilized society flourishes.

Your problem is, you want a 'quick fix' to this, you don't see it as a real threat, you don't think a little terrorism here and there is any big deal, and you'd rather just stick your head in the sand and pretend everything is fine. You've got no solution for defeating the threat, other than to cut, run, surrender, retreat, and capitulate to France and the UN as leaders of the world.

The first step to dealing with the problem, is reforming the governments that have been taken over by religious kooks like Armageddonegoninsane. Believe it or not, Islamic radicalism is not the predominate thinking across the middle east, the majority of Arabs want no part of the radical terrorism, so it's not like we are fighting a losing battle. You establish democracy in a few of these oil-rich countries, and you'll start to see a change across the middle east with regard to the radicalism.

Of course, you still have your idiot head in the sand, refusing to acknowledge radical Islamic terrorism as a problem, even though we have lost over 3,000 citizens to it. When you are on your knees in front of a video camera, with a knife at your throat, ready to take your last gurgle, is not the time to become concerned over radical Islamic terror. Unfortunately, some people are just that stupid.

Before you call me an idiot, you had better learn to read,you goddamn moron. I did not say there was no way to defeat terrorists. I said, and I quote, "There is no way in hell to defeat terrorists militarily." MILITARILY. Did you miss that minor detail the first time through, you putz? Fighting terrorism requires precise intel, and either a surgical extraction and arrest by a small force, or a termination with extreme prejudice, but via a single shot to the head, rather than dropping a bunker buster on a damn restaurant. They tried to take Saddam out that way. Unfortunately, he wasn't there, but many innocent Iraqis were. Do you think the relatives of those killed were somewhat less disposed to see our side and more inclined to see the other?

Not only is it impossible to defeat terrorism with terrorism (what else can you call high explosives raining down from the sky?), it is also impossible to install a democracy at gunpoint. In any case, you ignorant jackoff, attacking Iraq had nothing to do with fighting terrorism or installing a democracy. It was about controlling the oil and showing Saddam who was boss. If you don't know that, you have no standing to call anybody else an idiot.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Yeah, I've noticed his intellectual dishonesty. The sir evil dude, is just another Dixie and Toby-clone. Total bush-apologist.

I'm starting to wonder about these guys. Nobody can be that obtuse. I’ve started to wonder if these guys are the Internet equivalent of Jeff Gannon (in his faux journalist mode as opposed to his gay hooker mode). How about it, you guys? Is the Shrub paying you to write stupid things in defense of his failed policies, or does that sort of idiocy come naturally to you? I guess what I'm asking is whether you are amateur or professional morons. And how do you put that in your résumé? “Composed unbelievably lame and illogical nonanswers to challenges of the president's failed social and foreign policies: 2001-2006. Reason for leaving job: President impeached and convicted.”

Yeah, that'll bring employers flocking.

Losers.

Zoom, my friend, welcome to Dixieland.

Does he know how to read?

What a maroon.

Wow, this Dragon NaturallySpeaking software is really cool. it's a whole lot easier to use and learns your speech patterns faster than the IBM software.

And the best part is it's compatible with this board, so I don't have to transcribe in Word and then copy and paste. I'm dictating this post literally as I speak. No more typos, no more typos,hot damn, there are no more typos. Obviously, it doesn't take much to make me happy. I think this calls for a beer.

Back