APP - GOP consistent on race since its inception: equality.

Section 2 - Civilian Power over Military, Cabinet, Pardon Power, Appointments

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

Says nothing about the president having to have served in the military first, just says he is the CiC. You either accept that or you reject it. If you reject it then don't bitch about others that you percieve don't accept the constitution.

A good CIC will listen to his commanders instead of stupidly overriding their decisions.
And Omar Bradley told Truman not to desegregate the the military and he was WRONG. So, ultimately, as Harry said, the buck stops at the desk of the POTUS. If he decides to put an end to Don't ask, Don't tell, that order is carried out. As I recall knee jerk reactionaries JUST LIKE YOU talked doom and gloom when Clinton ordered DADT.

And Omar Bradley told Truman not to desegregate the the military and he was WRONG. So, ultimately, as Harry said, the buck stops at the desk of the POTUS. If he decides to put an end to Don't ask, Don't tell, that order is carried out. As I recall knee jerk reactionaries JUST LIKE YOU talked doom and gloom when Clinton ordered DADT.
So queers are a separate race? I'm not sure why you make this comparison. And you don't know my position when Billy Bob made that policy.

So queers are a separate race? I'm not sure why you make this comparison. And you don't know my position when Billy Bob made that policy.
Oh sure, you were fine with Clinton saying as long as they were quiet queers can serve, cause you are so tolerant of homosexuals.

Oh sure, you were fine with Clinton saying as long as they were quiet queers can serve, cause you are so tolerant of homosexuals.
I'm tolerant of anyone who keeps their perversions hidden. I don't care what they do to each other as long as I don't have to hear it, see it, know about it or pay for their health insurance.

I'm tolerant of anyone who keeps their perversions hidden. I don't care what they do to each other as long as I don't have to hear it, see it, know about it or pay for their health insurance.

Oh, so the rest of the world should cater to what you consider perversions?

As long as you don't know about them or see them, its ok to be anything they want?

Looks to me like you are the one with a problem.

Back