GOP Governor wants ban on July 4th fireworks

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
So if conditions seem to warrant a ban, you're in favor of banning?

I think common sense applies here. No one is upset that you are not allowed to light fireworks in the mall or shoot bottle rockets on a city bus.

If the area is under serious drought conditions, they restrict activities that could start fires. They do not allow people to burn leaves & trash, they restrict off-road vehicles in certain areas, and they put a temporary ban on fireworks.

I think common sense applies here. No one is upset that you are not allowed to light fireworks in the mall or shoot bottle rockets on a city bus. If the area is under serious drought conditions, they restrict activities that could start fires. They do not allow people to burn leaves & trash, they restrict off-road vehicles in certain areas, and they put a temporary ban on fireworks.

So "common sense" should apply if the government wants to ban something that could cause loss or injury?

So "common sense" should apply if the government wants to ban something that could cause loss or injury?

When the proper and lawful use of something can, due to temporary conditions, cause serious loss or injury to others (especially to those not involved), I have no problem with the ban.

Who said it was, Racist X?

You did, you focused on buzz words and your orginal post left out all the relavant information as to why she was pushing for the temporary ban. What little you posted, made other readers think she is an unpatratioic bitch, that hates fireworks, 4th of July and apple pie.

You did, you focused on buzz words and your orginal post left out all the relavant information as to why she was pushing for the temporary ban. What little you posted, made other readers think she is an unpatratioic bitch, that hates fireworks, 4th of July and apple pie.

Maybe you should have ascertained the facts before you jumped to conclusions, RacistX.

Is it my fault that you're stupid?

LOL Again, you cut and paste for effect, and you failed.

How so?

BTW, board rules ask us to refrain from posting entire articles.

5. When Posting Copyrighted Material.. All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work. Proper format is to post the first few paragraphs and then link to the article for the rest. Please don't repost entire articles here. Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?2-Rules-of-the-Board!

FOX News reports: GOP governor bans July 4th display of patriotism

Governor Rick Perry has granted Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff's request to extend the county's ban on aerial fireworks.

Wolff signed a disaster declaration on Wednesday banning the use of aerial fireworks (rockets with sticks and missiles with fins).

Under the declaration, the ban would've expired after just 60 hours unless the governor granted the extension.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_10900.shtml

Considering the conditions, this was a smart move.

So you're OK with a judge and big government taking away your rights?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

So you're OK with a judge and big government taking away your rights?

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

We've had this discussion before. When the conditions are dry and fires are an obvious hazard, restricting certain activities (especially those in which the source of the fire cannot be controlled) is acceptable.

In a drought we restrict water use and have "No Burn" orders.

Let me restate my opinion exactly as I did before. Which you claimed you noted for future reference.

"When the proper and lawful use of something can, due to temporary conditions, cause serious loss or injury to others (especially to those not involved), I have no problem with the ban."

Let me restate my opinion exactly as I did before. Which you claimed you noted for future reference. "When the proper and lawful use of something can, due to temporary conditions, cause serious loss or injury to others (especially to those not involved), I have no problem with the ban."

Can you think of any other circumstances when "the proper and lawful use of something can, due to temporary conditions, cause serious loss or injury to others (especially to those not involved)"?

We've had this discussion before. When the conditions are dry and fires are an obvious hazard, restricting certain activities (especially those in which the source of the fire cannot be controlled) is acceptable. In a drought we restrict water use and have "No Burn" orders.

So you endorse curtailment of your freedoms if certain conditions apply?

Back