GOP Governor wants ban on July 4th fireworks

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
When the safety of others is involved, it has always been an accepted practice. You can't yell "Fire" in a crowded theater. Is that a violation of your freedom of speech?

I didn't say it was, did I?

Try to focus.

Good.

So you endorse curtailment of your freedoms if certain conditions apply?

What did I already say? In fact, I have said it twice. I have said it in two different threads. But since you apparently can't recall, let me say it once more.

"When the proper and lawful use of something can, due to temporary conditions, cause serious loss or injury to others (especially to those not involved), I have no problem with the ban."

What did I already say? In fact, I have said it twice. I have said it in two different threads. But since you apparently can't recall, let me say it once more. "When the proper and lawful use of something can, due to temporary conditions, cause serious loss or injury to others (especially to those not involved), I have no problem with the ban."

Thanks for restating your position.

When the proper and lawful use of something can, due to temporary conditions, cause serious loss or injury to others (especially to those not involved), I have no problem with the ban.

The proper role of government is to protect the rights of those victimized by the direct action of others. This seems to apply. One does not have the right to endanger others needlessly.

I think common sense applies here. No one is upset that you are not allowed to light fireworks in the mall or shoot bottle rockets on a city bus.

If the area is under serious drought conditions, they restrict activities that could start fires. They do not allow people to burn leaves & trash, they restrict off-road vehicles in certain areas, and they put a temporary ban on fireworks.

exactly, we have similar bans here... no fires of any sort, certainly no fireworks... we are a giant tinderbox right now.

exactly, we have similar bans here... no fires of any sort, certainly no fireworks... we are a giant tinderbox right now.

Alaska has these bans all the time. This year fire is not a threat, so people may set off their fireworks. People mostly complain about their dogs being stressed up here! Alaskans are real dog lovers!

Back