GOP Governor wants ban on July 4th fireworks

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
Alaska has these bans all the time. This year fire is not a threat, so people may set off their fireworks. People mostly complain about their dogs being stressed up here! Alaskans are real dog lovers!

My dog is a rescue that was abused. She is very scared of gunshots and fireworks. The first 4th of July after I rescued her, when the neighbors started all the fireworks, she was shaking at first. Then she was just sitting on the couch staring into space. I knew she was mentally gone when she started drooling.

I live in the boonies in the deep south. No pots and pans. You do hear quite a few fireworks on the evening of New Years Eve, but at midnight its likely to be shotguns fired iton the air.

This describes where I live. I can tell who is firing their shotgun (or at least whose place they're at) by the direction of the shot. Then of course I answer with mine if I am home and not at a church singing.

Officials believe steel-jacketed bullets are the most likely culprits.

One shot that hits a rock and throws off sparks can ignite surrounding vegetation and quickly spread.

Popular exploding targets are also blamed for causing wildfires.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57466270/guns-blamed-for-sparking-some-wildfires-in-west/

Back