Greatest Seafood

Greatest Seafood

• Total voters
Then catfish fishing is for you. Unlike the active & aggressive fishing, catfishing is best when you cast out for the main channel or deep water in a river, and wait for the big bite to come.

I have caught some big ones, but they are best at between 4 & 10 lbs, as far as eating them goes. I will occasionally go up to Decatur AL and fish at the Joe Wheeler Dam. I have 2 or 3 rods set up and cast out. Rod holders to keep the tip of the rod up, and I will use the clamp on bells if I am gonna read. A good book and a few cold beers make the day better.

Grilled catfish with some cajun seasoning is the best.
Yea that's essentially what I do to. Most of the big cats I've caught have been in the evening or at night and I'm just chillin by the side of the lake/River by the camp fire with something nice to drink. :)

Well, I like all of it. So I leave it up to you, the masses (meaning the 3 people who will actually vote), to decide.

Yo man, I realize Detroit, or wherever you are, is like ten billion miles from the ocean and perhaps you aren't aware, but alligator, catfish, and trout aren't seafood. Trout is one hella tasty freshwater fish though.

Being essentially half-canadian, I always have a hankering for bar-b-qued baby seal. Its a national canadian pastime to club those little pups to death, and there's nothing like fresh baby seal steaks.

Other than that, I'm really down with salmon and scallops.

I can't choose just one either. I like all seafood that I've tried. I am going to be classless (or maybe just a true hick) and say that I ain't eatin' raw fish though....so the sushi (raw kind) is out for me.

I can't choose just one either. I like all seafood that I've tried. I am going to be classless (or maybe just a true hick) and say that I ain't eatin' raw fish though....so the sushi (raw kind) is out for me.

You haven't lived until you've had seared ahi tuna, which is pretty much raw.

Trust me, I dig the redneck food too. Catfish and crawfish rule!

Yo man, I realize Detroit, or wherever you are, is like ten billion miles from the ocean and perhaps you aren't aware, but alligator, catfish, and trout aren't seafood. Trout is one hella tasty freshwater fish though.

Being essentially half-canadian, I always have a hankering for bar-b-qued baby seal. Its a national canadian pastime to club those little pups to death, and there's nothing like fresh baby seal steaks.

Please don't take this personal....but you're one sick fuck! ;-P

LR it's like hot cajun sauce. First time you try it it's to hot and you don't like it but you try it a second and third time and next thing you know....you're addicted to it. Same thing with Sushi. Made right, it's some of the beast sea food you'll ever eat and not all sushi is raw (you're thinking of shashimi). Sushi is fish and vegetables rolled into a tube on a bed of rice and often a little sauce over it. Quite of few of those have cooked fish or shrimp or crab. My favorite Sushi roll has cooked crab meat rolled with sushi rice with avacado and cucumber, so fresh red snapper slices are placed over it and small amount of ginger/soy sauce and shrimp sauce is drizzled over it. It's then cooked under a broiler for a couple of minutes.....and it's one of the best things you'll ever taste.

Many years ago; i used to know a guy who would catch really huge catfish, take them home, and put them in a large horse watering tank.

He would feed the catfish food pellets and keep the water clean. After abouit a month, he would kill, clean, and cook them.

He had a picture of one, that he had caught.
He stood about 5' 5" and then one he was holding by the gills, was longer and bigger then he was.
He had his hands in the gills and all you could see were his elbows sticking out. The fish's head completely hid his upper body and the tail was curled on the ground.
He showed me one that he had in the tank, that was bigger then the one in the picture. It was to big for one person to hold.

LR it's like hot cajun sauce. First time you try it it's to hot and you don't like it but you try it a second and third time and next thing you know....you're addicted to it. Same thing with Sushi. Made right, it's some of the beast sea food you'll ever eat and not all sushi is raw (you're thinking of shashimi). Sushi is fish and vegetables rolled into a tube on a bed of rice and often a little sauce over it. Quite of few of those have cooked fish or shrimp or crab. My favorite Sushi roll has cooked crab meat rolled with sushi rice with avacado and cucumber, so fresh red snapper slices are placed over it and small amount of ginger/soy sauce and shrimp sauce is drizzled over it. It's then cooked under a broiler for a couple of minutes.....and it's one of the best things you'll ever taste.

Oh yea, I love the sushi you described. Got a Chinese restaurant here that makes some good sushi...and I get to eat it when the wife gives in and we eat Chinese. ;) That's why I specified "raw kind" in my post. I'll eat my steak medium, I'll eat a tuna steak medium but I just cannot get myself to eat cold, raw beef or fish....just can't get past the "icck" factor. :)

As I said to Damo, sea trout is seafood.

Many years ago; i used to know a guy who would catch really huge catfish, take them home, and put them in a large horse watering tank.

He would feed the catfish food pellets and keep the water clean. After abouit a month, he would kill, clean, and cook them.

He had a picture of one, that he had caught.
He stood about 5' 5" and then one he was holding by the gills, was longer and bigger then he was.
He had his hands in the gills and all you could see were his elbows sticking out. The fish's head completely hid his upper body and the tail was curled on the ground.
He showed me one that he had in the tank, that was bigger then the one in the picture. It was to big for one person to hold.

That's not a catfish, now this is a catfish!!

catfish1.jpg

Back