grind has no morals

when you have elections being tampered with that enters every subject

Democrats are overwhelmingly the election cheaters. You know that, that's why you want the current system. No one who actually isn't capable of getting a freaking ID has any business voting

"I know this race is really important to you. I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls"

the Republican National Committee Midwest political director

Lanny Griffith, the committee's Southern political director

Gregory Graves, deputy political director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

right from the very top of your party

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-10-...onal-committee

GOP Memo Admits Plan Could 'Keep Black Vote Down'

October 25, 1986|From the Washington Post

NEWARK, N.J. — A Republican National Committee official calculated that a so-called ballot security program in Louisiana "could keep the black vote down considerably," according to documents released in federal court Friday.

The documents and court hearing were the latest developments in a controversy over the GOP's ballot program that Democrats maintain is aimed at reducing minority turnout. The Republicans say the program's sole purpose is to purge ineligible voters from voting roles.

In an Aug. 13 memo the court made public Friday, Kris Wolfe, the Republican National Committee Midwest political director, wrote Lanny Griffith, the committee's Southern political director, and said of the Louisiana campaigning:

"I know this race is really important to you. I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls. . . . If it's a close race . . . which I'm assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably."

Unseals Document

She said in the memorandum that the program had been approved by Gregory Graves, deputy political director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

The document, called Exhibit 13, was unsealed by U.S. District Judge Dickinson R. Debevoise when lawyers for the Democratic National Committee said it was needed to question Wolfe.

Wolfe testified that she wrote about the possibility of keeping the black vote down to remind Griffith that there "might be a political situation he might want to consider. . . . I wanted him to be aware of the political considerations."

The Democrats are suing the Republican Party for $10 million, charging that the Republican National Committee ballot security programs--a method of assuring that voters reside at their listed addresses--violated a 1981 consent agreement signed by both parties.

Under the agreement, the Republican committee would "refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities in polling places or election districts where the racial composition of such districts is a factor."

Debevoise refused to issue a restraining order requiring the GOP to stop all similar activity.

Accepts Lawyers' Word

The judge said he accepted the word of Republican lawyers who told him all ballot security programs have been stopped, including an effort the Democrats say singled out predominantly black and Latino precincts in Pontiac, Mich.

In testimony Friday, Mark Braden, the Republican National Committee's chief counsel and the organizer of the ballot security program, said he repeatedly sought to make it clear to subordinates that "race was a factor that could not be used. I would instill the fear of God in them. . . . I'm not an idiot, this is a big press issue, and it's a big legal issue."

The committee's ballot security program was conducted in Louisiana, Indiana and Missouri. Before it became controversial, GOP political strategists said they planned to use it in other states.

'Insidious Scheme'

Louisiana state District Court Judge Richard E. Lee issued an injunction against the program on Oct. 14. In his order, Lee said: "This was an insidious scheme by the Republican Party to remove blacks from the voting roles."

"I know this race is really important to you. I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls"

the Republican National Committee Midwest political director

Lanny Griffith, the committee's Southern political director

Gregory Graves, deputy political director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

right from the very top of your party

So why are you a Republican then? Because you're a racist?

the republican party was already on a forced consent decree by the courts for CHEATING voter of color out of their votes when they were caught doing this one

I always like the twisted logic that we don't need ID because we can't prove Democrats commit fraud, which we can't do because we can't check ID...

Bush had a five year study done that couldnt find any cheating of this type

why do you just deny FACTS and make up lies

What difference does the opinion of a few people make? I don't give a shit. It's reasonable to ensure the person voting is the person they say they are. And every State that requires ID offers a free ID for voting. You can't get on a plan, open a bank account, drive a car or do a whole lot of other things without an ID. Everyone has one. And anyone who doesn't is so low motivation they don't belong voting

What difference does the opinion of a few people make? I don't give a shit. It's reasonable to ensure the person voting is the person they say they are. And every State that requires ID offers a free ID for voting. You can't get on a plan, open a bank account, drive a car or do a whole lot of other things without an ID. Everyone has one. And anyone who doesn't is so low motivation they don't belong voting

that is a court case

not opinion

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-10-...onal-committee

GOP Memo Admits Plan Could 'Keep Black Vote Down'

October 25, 1986|From the Washington Post

NEWARK, N.J. — A Republican National Committee official calculated that a so-called ballot security program in Louisiana "could keep the black vote down considerably," according to documents released in federal court Friday.

The documents and court hearing were the latest developments in a controversy over the GOP's ballot program that Democrats maintain is aimed at reducing minority turnout. The Republicans say the program's sole purpose is to purge ineligible voters from voting roles.

In an Aug. 13 memo the court made public Friday, Kris Wolfe, the Republican National Committee Midwest political director, wrote Lanny Griffith, the committee's Southern political director, and said of the Louisiana campaigning:

"I know this race is really important to you. I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls. . . . If it's a close race . . . which I'm assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably."

Unseals Document

She said in the memorandum that the program had been approved by Gregory Graves, deputy political director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

The document, called Exhibit 13, was unsealed by U.S. District Judge Dickinson R. Debevoise when lawyers for the Democratic National Committee said it was needed to question Wolfe.

Wolfe testified that she wrote about the possibility of keeping the black vote down to remind Griffith that there "might be a political situation he might want to consider. . . . I wanted him to be aware of the political considerations."

The Democrats are suing the Republican Party for $10 million, charging that the Republican National Committee ballot security programs--a method of assuring that voters reside at their listed addresses--violated a 1981 consent agreement signed by both parties.

Under the agreement, the Republican committee would "refrain from undertaking any ballot security activities in polling places or election districts where the racial composition of such districts is a factor."

Debevoise refused to issue a restraining order requiring the GOP to stop all similar activity.

Accepts Lawyers' Word

The judge said he accepted the word of Republican lawyers who told him all ballot security programs have been stopped, including an effort the Democrats say singled out predominantly black and Latino precincts in Pontiac, Mich.

In testimony Friday, Mark Braden, the Republican National Committee's chief counsel and the organizer of the ballot security program, said he repeatedly sought to make it clear to subordinates that "race was a factor that could not be used. I would instill the fear of God in them. . . . I'm not an idiot, this is a big press issue, and it's a big legal issue."

The committee's ballot security program was conducted in Louisiana, Indiana and Missouri. Before it became controversial, GOP political strategists said they planned to use it in other states.

'Insidious Scheme'

Louisiana state District Court Judge Richard E. Lee issued an injunction against the program on Oct. 14. In his order, Lee said: "This was an insidious scheme by the Republican Party to remove blacks from the voting roles."

its a court case

nope

they gave me no reason for my banning

you have already proven your self o be a liar here.

ask arround

You have proven time and again that you are both a liar and a complete partisan hack. YOU are the one that is dishonest. His comments about you posting about voter fraud on every thread you were in is precisely what you did here as well. So it doesn't take much for anyone here to see the validity in his comments.

You pretend you post 'FACTS' when all you do is spew forth partisan links that you HOPE state the case for what you are parroting.

Oh and kas

think about what your claim says

you claim they banned me for talking about a subject they wanted to be kept quiet.

even your claim of why is evil

Your problem is that you are an idiot. You think they wanted to stop you from talking about a particular topic. That was not likely the case. They simply didn't want you talking about it in every thread regardless of the threads topic.

You see Desh... you are fucking retarded. You think that you should be able to spew forth your crap repetitively on every thread, which disrupts thread discussions because YOU feel like ONLY talking about that one thing (because you are a fucking partisan parrot and that is all you are capable of). YOU are the one trying to prevent others from discussing other topics.

You're an unbelievably retarded piece of shit.

Back