Harassment/cyberbullies

It is easy, you just email the Attorney General in Texas, show him the posts you have altered, and the rest is history.

I wouldn't call my bluff if I were you!

It is easy, you just email the Attorney General in Texas, show him the posts you have altered, and the rest is history.

I wouldn't call my bluff if I were you!

rana, seriously. If you think any single state AG in all 50 states is gonna give a crap about altered posts in this forum, you've got an overblown sense of importance. The ONLY way an AG takes notice is if you commit suicide and it can be directly attributed to said posts.

rana, seriously. If you think any single state AG in all 50 states is gonna give a crap about altered posts in this forum, you've got an overblown sense of importance. The ONLY way an AG takes notice is if you commit suicide and it can be directly attributed to said posts.

Well, I guess there is a way to find out, isn't there.

He thinks he is being cute, what he is doing is illegal.

I have had this crap up to my eyebrows.

I will be making a copy of all the posts that he has altered and with enough of them...

It is the reason people get away with this kind of thing, they don't think anyone is going to do anything about it.

I am fed up with the harassment.

I will be making a copy of all the posts that he has altered and with enough of them...

It is the reason people get away with this kind of thing, they don't think anyone is going to do anything about it.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?2-Rules-of-the-Board!

then i say go for it, but don't let the lack of action depress you too much.

Texas

AN ACT
relating to the creation of the offense of online harassment.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Chapter 33, Penal Code, is amended by adding
Section 33.07 to read as follows:

SEC. 33.07. ONLINE HARASSMENT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person uses the name or persona of another person to create a web page on or to post one or more messages on a commercial social networking site:
(1) without obtaining the other person's consent; and
(2) with the intent to harm, defraud, intimidate, or threaten any person.
(b) A person commits an offense if the person sends an electronic mail, instant message, text message, or similar communication that references a name, domain address, phone number, or other item of identifying information belonging to any person:
(1) without obtaining the other person's consent;

Doesn't say anything about the person needing to committ suicide!

It just states if they do it.

It is an illegal activity to change a post. I suggest that anyone guilty should stop it, now.

Nope. I expect my posts to not be altered. It's totally up to you all. The choice is either collectively confront Dune or this is how it works from now on.

that's expecting an awful lot from the internet, ya think? all that will really end up happening in people putting you on ignore.

Texas

AN ACT
relating to the creation of the offense of online harassment.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Chapter 33, Penal Code, is amended by adding
Section 33.07 to read as follows:

SEC. 33.07. ONLINE HARASSMENT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person uses the name or persona of another person to create a web page on or to post one or more messages on a commercial social networking site:
(1) without obtaining the other person's consent; and
(2) with the intent to harm, defraud, intimidate, or threaten any person.
(b) A person commits an offense if the person sends an electronic mail, instant message, text message, or similar communication that references a name, domain address, phone number, or other item of identifying information belonging to any person:
(1) without obtaining the other person's consent;

Doesn't say anything about the person needing to committ suicide!

It just states if they do it.

It is an illegal activity to change a post. I suggest that anyone guilty should stop it, now.

like i said, go for it, but if you really expect something to be done about it by the AG, I don't recommend holding your breath until it does.

i'm sure Damo has warned him because it's a huge disturbance to the board, not due to any legal ramifications.

Nope, go back amd read the post, he states that this is illegal in some states, and he should watch his activity and he basically laughed it off.

This is why people get away with this type of thing, it is ignored. they don't think there is much too it, it isn't any big thing, it is harmless. What it is is illegal and it needs to stop!

Nope, go back amd read the post, he states that this is illegal in some states, and he should watch his activity and he basically laughed it off.

This is why people get away with this type of thing, it is ignored. they don't think there is much too it, it isn't any big thing, it is harmless. What it is is illegal and it needs to stop!

and like I said before, if you think the AG is going to jump on this with no representable harm to anyone, send it to him.

i'm sure Damo has warned him because it's a huge disturbance to the board, not due to any legal ramifications.

Wrong.

Alias wrote stuff that was so illegal Damo had to delete it, more than one.

I chnaged his quotes a few times, and he feels so entitled that he will hold the whole board hostage untill I stop, even though I didn't break any rules or laws.

Somehow, Alias is so important that all of us have to change to acommadate him.

Don't worry Alias, I saved all 34 threatening PMs you sent me and will be more than happy to hand them over to law enforcement if asked.

Back