Heisman Voting

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
My Heisman vote

So far Case Keenan of Houston is running off and leaving the competition behind so he gets my #1 vote.

Next distant candidates in order.

#2 Mark Ingram, Bama
#3. Riky Stanzi, Iowa
#4. Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon
#5. Ryan Mathews, Fresno State

My Heisman vote

So far Case Keenan of Houston is running off and leaving the competition behind so he gets my #1 vote.

Next distant candidates in order.

#2 Mark Ingram, Bama
#3. Riky Stanzi, Iowa
#4. Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon
#5. Ryan Mathews, Fresno State

Is that the Stanzi who threw for 5 picks on Saturday against IU? Iowa is undefeated but I think you're reaching putting that guy at number 3.

I say that recognizing this is all hypothetical until the end of the season as there are still a few games left.

Last edited:
Only 2 candidates
1. God
2. Ingram
There are 2 other RB's in the SEC who are putting up numbers just as impressive as Ingrams and probably another half a dozen or more across the country doing just as well or better than Ingram. Sorry but he just doesn't stand out from the pack. No knock on him. He's a hell of a back.
Matthews has ran for 300 yards more than Igram and has scored 3 more touchdowns but his team does not play as tough a schedule nor does it have as good a record. That's why I didn't put him at #2.

To be honest with you. I had a tough time between Stanzi and Ingram at #2 and if Stanzi can lead the Hawkeyes to another dramatic come from behind win in the Shoe, and go undefeated, I'll probably switch to Stanzi. Ingram on the other hand. With out him Bama is just another SEC team. With him they may be the best team in the nation. If Tebow gets injured Florida can adjust, with out Ingram Bama is screwed. Having said all that......no one is coming even close to having the kind of year that Keenan is having. He's well on his way to 4,000 yards and 30+ TD's. Holy Smokes!

It's Tebow's to lose
No way. He just simply hasn't put up the numbers. If Tebow gets it the Heisman will be deminished. If Keenan ends the season with 1 lost, 4,000 yards and 30+ TD's no QB in division 1 will compare. Hell Tebow's combined rushing/passing yardage would only be about half. If Keenan keeps up this pace he'll be the next Heisman winner. That will give Houston two Heisman winners.

Alright Mott, I guess I have to school you again.
I'm not talking about what should be, I'm talking about what is.

The award has been going to the best player on a top 5 ish team.
Some system QB in the run and shoot is not winning the Hiesman.

You heard it here first.

Alright Mott, I guess I have to school you again.
I'm not talking about what should be, I'm talking about what is.

The award has been going to the best player on a top 5 ish team.
Some system QB in the run and shoot is not winning the Hiesman.

You heard it here first.
You mean like Andre Ware?

Normally I'd agree with that but no one from the big schools is standing out. Keenum is putting big numbers and no one else is really doing anything to stand out. Florida has had a weak schedule and even with that Tebow has put up pedestrian numbers. McCoy and Ingram have respectable numbers, for top teams but again, are not really standing out and if you put McCoy in there you have to include Stanzi who has put up better numbers than McCoy and has shown more on the field leadership and intangibles for winning than any player in NCAA football, so he deserves serious consideration. Tebow shouldn't even be on the list he's not even the best QB this year let alone the best player.

Exactly like ware, right or wrong they are trying to avoid another ware.
I just looked at the list of winners, all the schools are Fla, Ohioslow, USC a couple times, texas, Okl.

It's been decades since a small school system QB won. What did he do in the NFL? FLOP

Dammit, Ingram is going to win the Heisman andd that is the end of the discussion.

We have won 13 NCs, 24 conference championships, and played in more bowl games than anyone NCAA history.

And Bama has never had a heisman winner. Namath, stabler, Starr, Alexander, and all the great players, and never a heisman.

If ingram puts up a buck fifty on lsu and fla cancel Christmas it's his. Anything short he's watching in NY.
Not a bad evaluation. He needs to have dominating games against those two teams if he doesn't and Keenum keeps putting up 400 yard passing games, then Keenum will walk away with it.

Personally I'd like to see Ricky Stanzi win it. God he reminds me of Jake the Snake Plummer.

Last edited:
Dammit, Ingram is going to win the Heisman andd that is the end of the discussion.

We have won 13 NCs, 24 conference championships, and played in more bowl games than anyone NCAA history.

And Bama has never had a heisman winner. Namath, stabler, Starr, Alexander, and all the great players, and never a heisman.
Sorry WB but "Bama hasn't won a Heisman" isn't grounds for winning it.

Sorry WB but "Bama hasn't won a Heisman" isn't grounds for winning it.

Yeah I know. But it seemed like such an appropriate place for a tantrum.

So far, I think Stanzi deserves it. But the season isn't over yet.

Ingram is just a sophmore, so he has 2 more years to improve. With him getting better and Trent Richardson as a true freshman, we have a RB duo that will only be more amazing next year and the year after.

I'm trying to now go the rest of the week without thinking about Bama's running backs. I need to sleep before saturday

I'm trying to now go the rest of the week without thinking about Bama's running backs. I need to sleep before saturday

If Bama runs the wildcat formation, LSU is in serious trouble.

If we try and score with McElroy's arm, we are truly fucked. (unless something has been done in the off time)

If Bama runs the wildcat formation, LSU is in serious trouble.

If we try and score with McElroy's arm, we are truly fucked. (unless something has been done in the off time)

Agreed, now stop talking about your running game till Sunday when you come back to gloat.:clink:

I expect a tough game. And sadly, I expect our defense to make the difference.

Why sadly, Defense wins championships and you have the best defensive Guru in college football as your coach.

No slight to Saban, he is a FOOTBALL God in my book.:clink:

Back