Heisman Voting

Notre Dame is a test? Somebody forgot to tell the AD that when he fired Weis. In my opinion it's Ingram if there's real meaning to picking a performer who wins big games. There's more to the game than black and white paper stats.
Yes but you're all Bama fans and your completely wrong. No player has carried his team like Gerhart has.....all season long. It's the other way around. If Ingrahm wins then that would be very contreversial to all but a Bama or SEC fan. Ingrahm is a great back but Gerhart has out performed him.

Ingram had one game that wasn't stellar. But the entire defense keyed on him and that allowed the rest of the offense to shine. The rest of the season he blew everyone away.

Ingram is the obvious choice for the Heisman.
No he's not. You're saying that through the eyes of a Bama fan. You'll never admit it but the numbers don't lie. Gerhart played in the nations toughest conference this year, put up the best numbers in the nation and put up better numbers than Ingrahm and played one less game then Ingrahm and scored nearly twice as many TD's as Ingrahm. No, Gerhart deserves the Hesiman and I mean no disrespect to Ingrahm. He had a great year and like I said earlier. If Stanford had won the Pac10 and with the numbers Gerhart put up, we wouldn't even be having this discussion as it would be a done deal.

No he's not. You're saying that through the eyes of a Bama fan. You'll never admit it but the numbers don't lie. Gerhart played in the nations toughest conference this year, put up the best numbers in the nation and put up better numbers than Ingrahm and played one less game then Ingrahm and scored nearly twice as many TD's as Ingrahm. No, Gerhart deserves the Hesiman and I mean no disrespect to Ingrahm. He had a great year and like I said earlier. If Stanford had won the Pac10 and with the numbers Gerhart put up, we wouldn't even be having this discussion as it would be a done deal.

Its never been about fairness. Its about the best player on one of the top teams. That means Ingram.

And yes, I am saying that thru the eyes of a Bama fan. I have no shame in that at all.

If you want to be truly fair and talk about the best player in the nation, then Suh, the noseguard for Nebraska would win the Heisman.

Yes but you're all Bama fans and your completely wrong. No player has carried his team like Gerhart has.....all season long. It's the other way around. If Ingrahm wins then that would be very contreversial to all but a Bama or SEC fan. Ingrahm is a great back but Gerhart has out performed him.

No, Ingram did not carry Bama. No single player has ever carried a Bama team. Its a team effort.

Ingram did what he did against the top ranked defense in the nation. And that ranking came from some of the same people who vote for Heisman.

McClain won the Butkus award. He gave credit to the rest of the team and was wowed by being surprised by Butkus himself.

The Heisman will be as follows:

1 - Mark Ingram
2 - Ndamukong Suh
3 - Toby Gerhart
4 - Colt McCoy
5 - Tim Tebow

Just a tidbit about Ingram, to add to his stats. While he knocked down every defense except auburn, his teammates did pretty well too. Trent Richardson averaged 7.3 yards a carry and Roy Upchurch averaged 8.1 yards per carry. Trent Richardson had 642 yards for the year. So the backups were good enough to start for most teams. Ingram shined in a stellar backfield.

Great stuff, especially since the word at the beginning of the season was that our #1 running back had gone pro and we had no one to replace him. It was also said that our O line was gonna be weak.

McClain won the Butkus award. He gave credit to the rest of the team and was wowed by being surprised by Butkus himself.

The Heisman will be as follows:

1 - Mark Ingram
2 - Ndamukong Suh
3 - Toby Gerhart
4 - Colt McCoy
5 - Tim Tebow

Just a tidbit about Ingram, to add to his stats. While he knocked down every defense except auburn, his teammates did pretty well too. Trent Richardson averaged 7.3 yards a carry and Roy Upchurch averaged 8.1 yards per carry. Trent Richardson had 642 yards for the year. So the backups were good enough to start for most teams. Ingram shined in a stellar backfield.

Great stuff, especially since the word at the beginning of the season was that our #1 running back had gone pro and we had no one to replace him. It was also said that our O line was gonna be weak.
If the Heisman truely went to the best player in college football we wouldn't even be talking about Ingrahm. He's not even the best player on Bama's team. McClain is.

If the Heisman truely went to the best player in college football we wouldn't even be talking about Ingrahm. He's not even the best player on Bama's team. McClain is.

I would have to agree, with Javier Arenas coming in a very close second.

I would have to agree, with Javier Arenas coming in a very close second.
The Heisman has lately been turned into a QB award and the press does seem to have this notion that the QB is the most important player on the team.

I remember Paul Brown lauging at a reporter who said that and replied. "The QB is just another player. The fact that he touches the ball on every offensive play doesn't mean he's going to win a game for you but he can darned sure lose it for you."

Translation, the QB is just another player. Same with RB's. You know what's odd....is look at how little recognition TE's get but if your building a team, where do you put your best all around athlete? Tight End.

Back