Heisman Voting

My ex-wife is as hardcore a Bama fan as I am. But, alas, my current wife prefers to shop.

As for anyone sitting next to me, its just not a smart place to be. I have never understood those people who sit still watching a game. I am bouncing up and down, pacing, waving my arms and yelling. I have had people tell me they enjoyed watching me as much as watching the game. lol

There are a few women out there who are football fanatics. They are always a sight to see.

I am sorry to hear the current wife prefers to shop. I am sure she has redeeming qualities though!

LOL Good for her!! I am not even going to hold being a Jimmy Johnson fan against her since she is a kindred spirit! Only the bravest sit next to me during a game. It is even worse when my husband is coaching. Do you remember the coach's daughter in Remember The Titans? My kids swear they must have written that part after watching me during a game! lol
That's nothing. My favorite is to sit next to my wife when there's a program about snakes on TV. Every time the snakes move she screams....but doesn't change the channel! LOL

My ex-wife is as hardcore a Bama fan as I am. But, alas, my current wife prefers to shop.

As for anyone sitting next to me, its just not a smart place to be. I have never understood those people who sit still watching a game. I am bouncing up and down, pacing, waving my arms and yelling. I have had people tell me they enjoyed watching me as much as watching the game. lol

There are a few women out there who are football fanatics. They are always a sight to see.
Not only are the women here in Ohio serious Ohio State football afficianado's half of them could start on our offensive line.

They asked Ingram who he thought deserved to win the Heisman, and without hesitation, he said... Hands down, Rolando McClain!

I think McClain is one of the best in the game. But there is a lot of talent around him.

Javier Arenas get little press, but is one of the best in two areas. His is a cornerback extraordinaire, and is closing in on the SEC & NCAA kick return records. With a creampuff team and an auburn team lacking defense, he could do it before the SEC Championship game.

We'll let the wackster take out his anger on another source...

Yaaaay! USC lost, just goes to show that Trojans are only good to make good things stink just a little bit.

I just read that Stephanie Spielman, wife of OSU's great linebacker, died of breast cancer yesterday.

My condolences to her family, both relations and team. Chris Spielman did a lot to try and raise awareness. Great to see such a headhunter and hard hitter doing the compassionate stuff.

I remember seeing something, and todays article reminded me of it, that he shaved his head when his wife lost her hair to chemo.

She was a testament to courage.

""Stefanie has gone home to be with the Lord," Chris Spielman said in a statement released by the station. "For that, we celebrate, but with broken hearts. I want to thank everyone for their support over the last 12 years. Together, with your help, hopefully we made a difference in this fight."

Stefanie Spielman was 30 years old and three months pregnant in 1998 when she detected a lump in her breast. She later miscarried and discovered she had cancer. She survived four bouts with cancer before a fifth recurrence in March.

Chris Spielman was playing linebacker with the Buffalo Bills when he decided to give up football for a year to stay home with his wife and children. When his wife lost her hair because of chemotherapy treatments, he shaved his head.

"People say 'It's a great thing that you're doing,"' Chris Spielman said at the time. "I always say it would be a terrible thing if I didn't."

The Spielmans became advocates for breast-cancer detection and research, winning several awards for their dedication to the cause. They raised more than $6 million for breast cancer research at Ohio State, where she also had attended school, through the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research.

She helped form a support group for young women with breast cancer, hosted an annual event that honored cancer survivors and created a fund to help breast cancer patients and their families who struggled financially. She was inducted into the Ohio Women's Hall of Fame in 2002 for her work.

"We have lost a leader in the fight against cancer," seven-time Tour de France winner and cancer survivor Lance Armstrong said. "Stefanie was a living example of courage and strength to everyone around her."

Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel called Stefanie Spielman an inspiration.

"Stefanie has inspired the entire Buckeye nation and Columbus community with her courage and strength," Tressel said in a statement. "We will miss her and will always remember the lessons we learned from her. She will always be a special Buckeye."

Two-time Heisman Trophy winner Archie Griffin, the president and CEO of the Ohio State Alumni Association, said Stefanie Spielman was a compassionate person who "took her personal struggle and used it as a platform to help other women battling breast cancer." He said the Ohio State community was "tremendously saddened" by her death."

from: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10400104/Stefanie-Spielman,-wife-of-NFL-star,-dies-at-42

I just read that Stephanie Spielman, wife of OSU's great linebacker, died of breast cancer yesterday.

My condolences to her family, both relations and team. Chris Spielman did a lot to try and raise awareness. Great to see such a headhunter and hard hitter doing the compassionate stuff.

I remember seeing something, and todays article reminded me of it, that he shaved his head when his wife lost her hair to chemo.

She was a testament to courage.

""Stefanie has gone home to be with the Lord," Chris Spielman said in a statement released by the station. "For that, we celebrate, but with broken hearts. I want to thank everyone for their support over the last 12 years. Together, with your help, hopefully we made a difference in this fight."

Stefanie Spielman was 30 years old and three months pregnant in 1998 when she detected a lump in her breast. She later miscarried and discovered she had cancer. She survived four bouts with cancer before a fifth recurrence in March.

Chris Spielman was playing linebacker with the Buffalo Bills when he decided to give up football for a year to stay home with his wife and children. When his wife lost her hair because of chemotherapy treatments, he shaved his head.

"People say 'It's a great thing that you're doing,"' Chris Spielman said at the time. "I always say it would be a terrible thing if I didn't."

The Spielmans became advocates for breast-cancer detection and research, winning several awards for their dedication to the cause. They raised more than $6 million for breast cancer research at Ohio State, where she also had attended school, through the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research.

She helped form a support group for young women with breast cancer, hosted an annual event that honored cancer survivors and created a fund to help breast cancer patients and their families who struggled financially. She was inducted into the Ohio Women's Hall of Fame in 2002 for her work.

"We have lost a leader in the fight against cancer," seven-time Tour de France winner and cancer survivor Lance Armstrong said. "Stefanie was a living example of courage and strength to everyone around her."

Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel called Stefanie Spielman an inspiration.

"Stefanie has inspired the entire Buckeye nation and Columbus community with her courage and strength," Tressel said in a statement. "We will miss her and will always remember the lessons we learned from her. She will always be a special Buckeye."

Two-time Heisman Trophy winner Archie Griffin, the president and CEO of the Ohio State Alumni Association, said Stefanie Spielman was a compassionate person who "took her personal struggle and used it as a platform to help other women battling breast cancer." He said the Ohio State community was "tremendously saddened" by her death."

from: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10400104/Stefanie-Spielman,-wife-of-NFL-star,-dies-at-42
It puts a complete damper on the michigan game. This really sucks. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Speilman family for their loss.

Last edited:
It puts a complete damper on the michigan game. This really sucks.

Maybe it will inspire the defense to play like Spielman. The man was a beast!

We also have something in common. Both of us have a fav college player who played for the Bills. I am a huge fan of Cornelius Bennett, and lost money of the Bill's 4 trips to the Super Bowl.

I guess great linebackers can't do it all.

Maybe it will inspire the defense to play like Spielman. The man was a beast!

We also have something in common. Both of us have a fav college player who played for the Bills. I am a huge fan of Cornelius Bennett, and lost money of the Bill's 4 trips to the Super Bowl.

I guess great linebackers can't do it all.
No they can't. Today is a "Sports" day at work to celebrate the OSU/Michigan game. Most eveyone will wear their pro OSU gear. I'm going to dress in black.

Well even a Buckeye has to admit that there are some things more important then football. (just dont' tell anyone I was the one that said that!!)

Your secret is safe with me.

Its true that some things are more important than football. Its also true there are places you can't say that outloud.

Mark Ingram for Heisman trophy!!

Against the #1 defense in the country, he ripped off 113 yards rushing, 76 yards receiving and destroyed the gators.

McElroy played the best game of his college career against the vaunted defense of the florida gators. 239 yards of passing!!!

ROLL TIDE!

Ingram deserves the Heisman!

Mark Ingram for Heisman trophy!!

Against the #1 defense in the country, he ripped off 113 yards rushing, 76 yards receiving and destroyed the gators.

McElroy played the best game of his college career against the vaunted defense of the florida gators. 239 yards of passing!!!

ROLL TIDE!

Ingram deserves the Heisman!
Don't get carried away. He had a good game but McElroy was the game MVP last night. Did he step up to the plate or what?

After this weekends play I say Gerhart has locked it up. He substantially outperformed Ingrahm this year and led the nation in rushing and TD (11 more than Ingraham). Colt did well enough to get his team to the Championship game against a real tough defense but he didn't impress Heisman voters. Keenum blew his chances by losing to East Carolina. Tebow tanked last night. No disrespect to Ingrahm but he's not the best running back in the nation this year. Gerhart is. His performance against Notre Dame has probably locked it up for him as his competitors didn't shine like he did.

My Heisman list

Gerhart
McCoy
Ingrahm
Tebow
Keenum

Next year watch out for Dion Lewis at Pitt. Shades of Barry Sanders. He broke Tony Dorsett's rushing record as a Freshman.

Don't get carried away. He had a good game but McElroy was the game MVP last night. Did he step up to the plate or what?

After this weekends play I say Gerhart has locked it up. He substantially outperformed Ingrahm this year and led the nation in rushing and TD (11 more than Ingraham). Colt did well enough to get his team to the Championship game against a real tough defense but he didn't impress Heisman voters. Keenum blew his chances by losing to East Carolina. Tebow tanked last night. No disrespect to Ingrahm but he's not the best running back in the nation this year. Gerhart is. His performance against Notre Dame has probably locked it up for him as his competitors didn't shine like he did.

My Heisman list

Gerhart
McCoy
Ingrahm
Tebow
Keenum

Next year watch out for Dion Lewis at Pitt. Shades of Barry Sanders. He broke Tony Dorsett's rushing record as a Freshman.

McElroy played an awesome game. He methodically dismantled the #1 defense in the nation. He showed poise, threw strikes, scrambled when he needed to, tiptoed down the sidelines like a ballerina, and lead Bama to a conference championship with authority.

But Ingram slammed thru tacklers like a beast. He did everything he was supposed to do. And while he ate up 113 yards, his backup gained 80.

Ingram locked it last night.

McElroy played an awesome game. He methodically dismantled the #1 defense in the nation. He showed poise, threw strikes, scrambled when he needed to, tiptoed down the sidelines like a ballerina, and lead Bama to a conference championship with authority.

But Ingram slammed thru tacklers like a beast. He did everything he was supposed to do. And while he ate up 113 yards, his backup gained 80.

I agree... especially since we made Tebow boo hoo like a baby (not very Heisman-like), and Colt McCoy almost blew the biggest game of his career not paying attention to the game clock!

My Heisman list

Gerhart
McCoy
Ingrahm
Tebow
Keenum

Notre Dame is a test? Somebody forgot to tell the AD that when he fired Weis. In my opinion it's Ingram if there's real meaning to picking a performer who wins big games. There's more to the game than black and white paper stats.

Ingrahm had a good game but in order to make up for his game against Auborn he needed to carry bama to the win and he didn't. McElroy did.

If Stanford was Pac 10 champ we wouldn't even be having this conversation and none of the other top candidate shone like he did in their last game. McCoy looked average and Tebow and Keenum lost and Ingrahm has simply been out performed by Gehrart.

Ingrahm had a good game but in order to make up for his game against Auborn he needed to carry bama to the win and he didn't. McElroy did.

If Stanford was Pac 10 champ we wouldn't even be having this conversation and none of the other top candidate shone like he did in their last game. McCoy looked average and Tebow and Keenum lost and Ingrahm has simply been out performed by Gehrart.

Ingram had one game that wasn't stellar. But the entire defense keyed on him and that allowed the rest of the offense to shine. The rest of the season he blew everyone away.

Ingram is the obvious choice for the Heisman.

Back