Heisman Voting

Why sadly, Defense wins championships and you have the best defensive Guru in college football as your coach.

No slight to Saban, he is a FOOTBALL God in my book.:clink:

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE defensive football. I was raised on it.

But what I meant was our defense will have to carry the load because the offense won't get it done.

A big key to our success has been overwhelming and wearing down the opposing defenses. 3 & out for most of the game won't get it done.

Why sadly, Defense wins championships and you have the best defensive Guru in college football as your coach.

No slight to Saban, he is a FOOTBALL God in my book.:clink:
I'd take Urban Meyer, Bo Pelini, Pete Carrolle, Jim Tressell, Mack Brown and half the starting head coaches in the SEC over Jump Ship Saban.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE defensive football. I was raised on it.

But what I meant was our defense will have to carry the load because the offense won't get it done.

A big key to our success has been overwhelming and wearing down the opposing defenses. 3 & out for most of the game won't get it done.
I'd hate to be against either LSWho or Iowa in a close game. Iowa has made so many comebacks you'd think Sam Rutigliano was their head coach. LSWho on the other hand when that ball does a funny bounce...it bounces their way. I'd rather have their luck then a license to steal! LOL

I'd take Urban Meyer, Bo Pelini, Pete Carrolle, Jim Tressell, Mack Brown and half the starting head coaches in the SEC over Jump Ship Saban.

I'd put Carrolle, Meyer, and Brown in his league. But thats about it.

The "jump ship" thing is nonsense. He was offered a better job at a higher level, or so he thought. So he took it. And he found out that the NFL wasn't for him.

And no head coach tells people he is looking for a job or considering another job. It is counter-productive.

I'd put Carrolle, Meyer, and Brown in his league. But thats about it.

The "jump ship" thing is nonsense. He was offered a better job at a higher level, or so he thought. So he took it. And he found out that the NFL wasn't for him.

And no head coach tells people he is looking for a job or considering another job. It is counter-productive.
It's the other way around. Saban isn't in the same league as Carrolle, Tressell, and Brown. There the 3 best coaches in Div I. Hell his won loss record is comparable to Meyer and he's been coaching about 20 years longer than Meyer.

It's the other way around. Saban isn't in the same league as Carrolle, Tressell, and Brown. There the 3 best coaches in Div I. Hell his won loss record is comparable to Meyer and he's been coaching about 20 years longer than Meyer.

That is the downside of moving to different places. He has had to rebuild at least 3 different college programs and tried with one pro team.

That leads to rough seasons.

But anyone discussing the top active coaches includes his name in the discussion.

Saban bitch slapped the vest all over the field. NUFF said
Uhh Saban hasn't even coached a game against Tressel. I'm mean even comparing the two is a joke. Saban's a good coach but he's not in the same league as Tressel. Tressel has 227-77-2 record with 5 national championships and 5 Big 10 championships and has been National Coach of the Year 3 times. Saban has been coaching 2 years longer than Tressel and his record is a paltry 118-50-1, 1 national championship and and 2 SEC championships. Hell, when he was at MSU Saban only beat John Cooper once! Phllllpppptt, NUFF said! LOL

Uhh Saban hasn't even coached a game against Tressel. I'm mean even comparing the two is a joke. Saban's a good coach but he's not in the same league as Tressel. Tressel has 227-77-2 record with 5 national championships and 5 Big 10 championships and has been National Coach of the Year 3 times. Saban has been coaching 2 years longer than Tressel and his record is a paltry 118-50-1, 1 national championship and and 2 SEC championships. Hell, when he was at MSU Saban only beat John Cooper once! Phllllpppptt, NUFF said! LOL

If Saban has been coaching 2 years longer, how come Tressel has coached 137 more games?

By the numbers you posted , Tressel has coached in 306 games while Saban has only coached 169 games. Kinda odd for having coached 2 more years.

BTW, in the last 7 years the best coaches in College Football have been by record are Pete Carrolle, Mack Brown, Jim Tressel, Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer in that order. I'll tell you another coach who's better then Saban and would be my guess to replace Charlie Weis at ND and that's Brian Kelly. Saban couldn't turn MSU into a nationaly ranked team. Kelly has done that at Cincinnati and that's impressive.

If Saban has been coaching 2 years longer, how come Tressel has coached 137 more games?

By the numbers you posted , Tressel has coached in 306 games while Saban has only coached 169 games. Kinda odd for having coached 2 more years.
Because he was head coach while Saban was still cutting his teeth as an assistant coach.

I still want to know how Tressel coached 137 more games in two fewer years of coaching. (ok, this was answered while I was posting)

The "Who is Best" debate can go on forever. Situations are different, conferences are different, and times are different.

Bama is happy with Saban. And we have a shot at a NC for the second time in consecutive years.

Last edited:
just the facts Dano
Urb has 2, he has what he did for Utah
I think he's a tool but facts are facts

Saban took LSU out of the Toilet and made us a top 3 program

Ingram, Tebow, Mcoy, Clausen that's it in NY
McCoy? Really? Only if you use last seasons stats. McCoy screwed himself. He should have gone pro last year when he threw 30ish TD's. He is the epitome of a pedestrian season. IMO it is between the first two and McCoy is an also ran. Shouldn't even be in NY.

McCoy? Really? Only if you use last seasons stats. McCoy screwed himself. He should have gone pro last year when he threw 30ish TD's. He is the epitome of a pedestrian season. IMO it is between the first two and McCoy is an also ran. Shouldn't even be in NY.
You can say the same about Tebow too. The only one really standing out this year is the kid from Houston.

Ingraham sure did make a strong argument last weekend. If he can keep on track and run 140 yards against Florida, then there's a great argument for him to win the Heisman. He stepped it up last weekend. If he can keep it up till the end of the season he could lock it up and give Bama it's first Heisman.

Back