Heisman Voting

Ingraham sure did make a strong argument last weekend. If he can keep on track and run 140 yards against Florida, then there's a great argument for him to win the Heisman. He stepped it up last weekend. If he can keep it up till the end of the season he could lock it up and give Bama it's first Heisman.

Bless your heart for keeping hope alive. lol

:good4u:

Ingraham sure did make a strong argument last weekend. If he can keep on track and run 140 yards against Florida, then there's a great argument for him to win the Heisman. He stepped it up last weekend. If he can keep it up till the end of the season he could lock it up and give Bama it's first Heisman.
Then he'll suck in the NFL, why'd you want to curse him that way?

He did make a strong statement, but he needs Bama to win the SEC championship and get to the BCS championship game to win the Heisman. It seems those voting on the Heisman look more at title contenders than anyone else. So at the moment, I think Tebow and McCoy are the frontrunners. Don't get me wrong, I don't think either of them is having a Heisman year, but they look to be the two biggest horses in the biggest race. I don't see Keenum having a shot. When was the last time a non-BCS conference had a Heisman winner? I think when push comes to shove, I gotta ask myself, "Who is more important to their team?" and for me, that's Tebow.

Just my opinion though, and you know what they say about opinions...

Then he'll suck in the NFL, why'd you want to curse him that way?
There have been some serious exceptions to that rule. OJ Simpson is the best running back I ever say play the game (I never saw Jim Brown). Archie Griffen had a decent career but played for the original west coast offense which didn't run the ball 30 times a game. He still had a career average of about 5 yards/ carry in an 8 year NFL career. Earl Campbell was the next best running back after OJ I saw and he was a monster in the NFL. Then there was Barry Sanders, the human pinball and the third best running back I've ever seen play the game. His career didn't exactly suck.
Not all Heismans are flops and some have been hall of famers.

the curse is on qb's winning hiesman not RB,
lostsoul is right, it's the best player on a contending team now that wins.

the curse is on qb's winning hiesman not RB,
lostsoul is right, it's the best player on a contending team now that wins.
Again, exceptions to that too. Roger Staubach was one of the very best to ever play the game. Could have put up a lot more numbers if he hadn't of lost 4 years to military service and he played in an era where it was a hell of a lot harder to throw the ball.

thanks for the ancient history lesson, George Rogers won from South Carolina too.
But it's been decades since a non contending team got a winner.

Again, exceptions to that too. Roger Staubach was one of the very best to ever play the game. Could have put up a lot more numbers if he hadn't of lost 4 years to military service and he played in an era where it was a hell of a lot harder to throw the ball.

Sorry to be o/t, but I got to hang out with Roger last week and actually hold his Heisman!

Back to our regularly scheduled program...

There have been some serious exceptions to that rule. OJ Simpson is the best running back I ever say play the game (I never saw Jim Brown). Archie Griffen had a decent career but played for the original west coast offense which didn't run the ball 30 times a game. He still had a career average of about 5 yards/ carry in an 8 year NFL career. Earl Campbell was the next best running back after OJ I saw and he was a monster in the NFL. Then there was Barry Sanders, the human pinball and the third best running back I've ever seen play the game. His career didn't exactly suck.
Not all Heismans are flops and some have been hall of famers.
Yeah, occasionally somebody breaks out of the curse, but they are outliers, the exception that proves the rule.

Sorry to be o/t, but I got to hang out with Roger last week and actually hold his Heisman!

Back to our regularly scheduled program...
OH wow what a treat! Roger Dodger was one of my favorite atheletes growing up. Next to Pete, he's the best athelete to come out of Cincinnati. How were you so fortunate to meet him?

OH wow what a treat! Roger Dodger was one of my favorite atheletes growing up. Next to Pete, he's the best athelete to come out of Cincinnati. How were you so fortunate to meet him?

I work for a professional football team which I am not allowed to specify on a public message board, but Roger is a former player so I see him a lot.

I think I stayed within the rules on that! lol

Back