Homosexuality

I cannot imagine anything you could produce that would PROVE anyone was not gay. All any of us can produce are our beliefs, or the assertions of the person(s) in question. I could assert that I was a lifelong republican...but it wouldn 't be the truth. There have been many people who lived nearly all their lives in the closet. Your sons may be in there with them.

I cannot imagine anything you could produce that would PROVE anyone was not gay. All any of us can produce are our beliefs, or the assertions of the person(s) in question. I could assert that I was a lifelong republican...but it wouldn 't be the truth. There have been many people who lived nearly all their lives in the closet. Your sons may be in there with them.

CLASS BEGINS NOW

Philosopher Steven Hales points out that typically one can logically be as confident with the negation of an affirmation[SUP].[/SUP]

Hales says that if one's standards of certainty leads them to say "there is never 'proof' of non-existence", then they must also say that "there is never 'proof' of existence either".[SUP]

[/SUP] Hales argues that there are many cases where we may be able to prove something does not exist with as much certainty as proving something does exist.

Think about it...

In some circumstances it can be safely assumed that if a certain event had occurred, evidence of it could be discovered by qualified investigators. In such circumstances it is perfectly reasonable to take the absence of proof of its occurrence as positive proof of its non-occurrence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_absence

Back