how much for a big mac if MickyDs paid employees a living wage

Really, since when did turkey become a vegetable?

You aren't a veg anymore?!

I am... not for me. LOL I should say I prefer the kids eat the turkey burgers. I assume people realize that I'm the only vegetarian in the family, which is a terrible assumption on a board like this. Thanks for pointing it out. I usually get the bean and cheese burrito.

I also assume that people know I'm not eating Turducken when I cook it on Thanksgiving and Christmas for the family.

then you missing a big part of what capitalism has to offer the people.

you vote with your pocket book too

Which means nothing. I won't eat bad food because people support my political beliefs. I vote for food with my dollars when eating at a restaurant, not politicians.

Labor is like any other commodity. You get what you pay for. I don't know how many managers of these low end retail stores complain bitterly about employee turnover and the employees they do have are lazy and unmotivated and lack both ambition and loyalty.

Well no shit. That's a two way street. I've seen how high turnover and an unmotivated work force impact the bottom line. It's illogical, short sighted and poor business practice. If you pay a competetive living wage you attract a higher quality of employee who are motivated, focused and more productive and loyal. They stick around.

McDonalds is for kids, always has been for kids, and always should be for kids.

It's none of your business what McDonalds pays their employees in the first place but you lefties want to make it impossible for kids to find employment at all with these claims that counter jobs at McDonalds should become career opportunities.

I am... not for me. LOL I should say I prefer the kids eat the turkey burgers. I assume people realize that I'm the only vegetarian in the family, which is a terrible assumption on a board like this. Thanks for pointing it out. I usually get the bean and cheese burrito.

I also assume that people know I'm not eating Turducken when I cook it on Thanksgiving and Christmas for the family.

Oh okay, I thought maybe you caved into that "real men and real americans eat meat' thing that what's his name was always hitting you with. That was funny.

McDonalds is for kids, always has been for kids, and always should be for kids.

It's none of your business what McDonalds pays their employees in the first place but you lefties want to make it impossible for kids to find employment at all with these claims that counter jobs at McDonalds should become career opportunities.

DUDE one third of micky Ds workers are parents supporting children.

a big part are elderly supplementing a fixed income.

Its not kids.

LOOK at the people next time your in one

Which means nothing. I won't eat bad food because people support my political beliefs. I vote for food with my dollars when eating at a restaurant, not politicians.

Luckily, I can have good food AND support a fast food place that takes decent care of its employees.

Sorry you don't have the option of In 'N Out.

http://now.msn.com/mcdonalds-employee-wages-could-reach-15-dollars-an-hour-with-small-price-hike

Not since documentarian Morgan Spurlock super-sized himself has McDonald's faced this big of a PR disaster. After creating a sample budget for workers subsisting on minimum wage, analysts have been crunching numbers to see how much more customers would have to spend to cover boosting employee wages from $7.25 to $15 an hour. Turns out, it's not much. Arnobio Morelix, a research assistant at the University of Kansas School of Business, found that a Big Mac would go up 68 cents to $4.67 and Dollar Menu items would cost $1.17. It's a small price to pay so that employees could earn a livable wage

And how much do you pay the guy who's maybe worked their a couple of years, for what ever reason, and who's making more then that $7.25 an hour?

The trick is to support unskilled labor so that McDonalds wont be able to find an employee that will work for less than a minimum wadge.

west coast has so much more variety of burger places. Really pisses me off

you guys have

carls jr.
sonic
jack in the box
in n out

fucking bullshit.

east coast has nothing west coast doesn't have.

maybe five guys but i think you have those too. and five guys you have to go inside. again..bullshit.

west coast has so much more variety of burger places. Really pisses me off

you guys have

carls jr. SUCKS
sonic SUCKS
jack in the box SUCKS
in n out SUCKS

fucking bullshit.

east coast has nothing west coast doesn't have.

maybe five guys but i think you have those too. and five guys you have to go inside. again..bullshit.

You're not missing a thing. All those chains SUCK.

but very few Arby's; no Hardee's; no Steak & Shake; no White Castle (ok, maybe not good, but a legend).

And no Shoney's - we were back east on a vacation; my husband and stepkids discovered Shoney's breakfast buffet (thanks to me) and I think we ate there almost every morning...

Fast food is rank.

If you're so concerned about the wages companies pay their workers, why not start your own business and pay everyone $15 @ hour + benefits?

DUDE one third of micky Ds workers are parents supporting children.

a big part are elderly supplementing a fixed income.

Its not kids.

LOOK at the people next time your in one

I don't care who's currently working at McDonalds because of discrimination laws.

It is up to McDonalds and McDonalds only to determine the wage scales of the employees working for them. That is called freedom and free enterprise.

What you're tooting once again is social justice for people flipping hamburgers and French fries. McDonalds has career opportunities for people who want to apply for management positions, not counter employees.

Fast food critics all love in n out. I have never been there but def want to. Patriot saying that let me know to completely ignore him.

Back