how much for a big mac if MickyDs paid employees a living wage

Oh okay, I thought maybe you caved into that "real men and real americans eat meat' thing that what's his name was always hitting you with. That was funny.

No, my cholesterol got way too high for me to continue the meat habit. Even "low fat" meats are bad for me. It was just easier to go vegetarian. And I prefer my kids eat better than I did, so they hopefully don't have to worry about it as much later in life as I do. However I fear it is a genetic thing... The goal is to live longer than 54 years, if I do that I have outlasted every male in my family.

In CO we have Carl's Jr., Dairy Queen (when I ate meat they had a good burger), Sonic, Jack in the Box, McD's and BK (of course). A&W had a decent burger when I was a kid, and we still have a few of those.

No In 'n Out here though. That's an East Coast thing, isn't it?

No, my cholesterol got way too high for me to continue the meat habit. Even "low fat" meats are bad for me. It was just easier to go vegetarian. And I prefer my kids eat better than I did, so they hopefully don't have to worry about it as much later in life as I do. However I fear it is a genetic thing... The goal is to live longer than 54 years, if I do that I have outlasted every male in my family.

Good for you. McDonald's food is terrible for you. It's funny to see people who never eat there supposedly outraged over the low wages they pay.

In CO we have Carl's Jr., Dairy Queen (when I ate meat they had a good burger), Sonic, Jack in the Box, McD's and BK (of course). A&W had a decent burger when I was a kid, and we still have a few of those.

No, it's a Cali burger chain. Way overrated.

Damo if you might die soon we might need to put something in place for me billy or soc to take over the board. Get your affairs in order.

west coast, and ignore Patriot's opinion.

You'll want the veggie burger

http://dailyveganeats.tumblr.com/post/7438678776/eating-out-vegan-in-n-out-burger

Vegan Eats
In-N-Out does not offer a veggie patty, but instead offers a Veggie Burger…the balls on this place are pretty huge to offer a burger with only vegetables in it. The Veggie Burger can be ordered vegan by specifying no cheese or spread (ask for ketchup/mustard instead if you’d like). I like to add extra tomatoes to mine and, as with any In-N-Out burger, you’ll be asked if you want some onion. For those that haven’t tried it, these aren’t little diced onions or any ring of onion, but a whole damn slice out of an onion. Even if you’re not a fan of raw onion, try it since the onions they have aren’t full of that awful onion bite. Some In-N-Out Burger establishments will call this the Wish Burger, but not all In-N-Outs know what it is nor is it on the official secret menu found on their website.

(personally, I prefer the grilled onions)

In n Out is run by right-wing Christians I heard.

In-N-Out prints discreet references to Bible verses on their paper containers. These consist of the book, chapter, and number of the verse, not the text of the passage, in small print on an inconspicuous area of the item. The practice began in the 1980s during Rich Snyder's presidency,[36] a reflection of the Christian beliefs held by the Snyder family:

Burger and cheeseburger wrappers

Revelation 3:20—"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

Beverage cups and replicas

John 3:16—"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Milkshake cups

Proverbs 3:5—"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."

Double-Double wrapper

Nahum 1:7—"The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him."

Paper water cups (no longer in use for customers, they are now used by employees only)

John 14:6—"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me."

License plate keychain

1 Corinthians 13:13—"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Fry Boat

Proverbs 24:16—"For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-N-Out_Burger

quit making me jealous tekky.

The nearest one for me these days is sadly (or maybe it's a good thing) 45 min away... when my stepdaughters come down from Seattle, we offer to take them to any restaurant; they want In 'N Out Burger.... And they have 5 guys up there! They still miss In 'N Out.

yes, Patriot, they print bible verses. You know when everything else is so wonderful, I can handle that. Kind of like SP is nice to me on this site, so I don't mind when he quotes scripture. See how that works?

Do they oppose a woman's right to choose?

Darned if I know. Let me know what you find out

The In-N-Out Burgers Foundation, also known as the Child Abuse Foundation, was established as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in March 1995,[52] and classified as a "Human Services: Fund Raising & Fund Distribution" organization under the NTEE system.[53] Based in Irvine, California, the foundation "supports organizations that provide residential treatment, emergency shelter, foster care, and early intervention for children in need." Its grant-making activities are restricted to eligible nonprofit groups that are located or provide services in areas where In-N-Out has a presence.[54] Consequently, grant proposals are only accepted from applicants in a limited number of counties in Arizona (6), California (33), Nevada (3), Utah (3), and Texas (3).[55] In 2010, the most recent year for which financial reporting is publicly available (and before the opening of the company's Texas locations),[56] the foundation contributed $1,545,250 to 231 grantees in Arizona, California, Nevada, and Utah.[57] Grant-making is funded through donor contributions and In-N-Out-sponsored fundraisers; typical grants are between $2,000 and $20,000.[55]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-N-Out_Burger

Here you go

In-N-Out, however, makes no mention of their religious leanings on their website. They have made no public statement on the matter, other that company spokesman Carl Van Fleet reportedly saying that Richard Snyder, son of the founders told him, "It's just something I want to do."
http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/02/05/poll-do-fast-food-chains-religious-leanings-flavor-your-patronage/

Back