how much for a big mac if MickyDs paid employees a living wage

All I am saying is that SOMEONE has to pay the difference of low wage workers and the cost of living.....that someone is US, the taxpayer. Food stamps, Medicaid, subsidized housing...companies like McDonalds is living living large on our money.

You don't pay taxes, do you, Mr. Bar Room singer?

LOL. Prove it, big mouth.

Fuck, ladies and gentlemen. We have yet another douchebag conservative internet tough guy. My household income is about $110k. I pay fucking taxes. I play because I want to.

Let me guess....you're the richest guy in your mom's basement.

Fuck, ladies and gentlemen. We have yet another douchebag conservative internet tough guy. My household income is about $110k. I pay fucking taxes. I play because I want to.

Let me guess....you're the richest guy in your mom's basement.

LOL, "household income" = not yours....your mom & dad make that much? About time you got a job instead of playing shitty cover songs on open mic night in Pittsburgh beer joints, wouldn't you say, Sparky?

LOL, "household income" = not yours....your mom & dad make that much? About time you got a job instead of playing shitty cover songs on open mic night in Pittsburgh beer joints, wouldn't you say, Sparky?

My wife and I douchebag.....go fuck yourself....I'm done with you're you low rent asshole.

Edit: I noticed you didn't deny my appraisal of you....just attacked...so I'd say I hit pretty close to home. Oh subterranean one.

Will he say "they should pay more" when prices go up?

You have made your point that Corporations are like a superficial spouse with dozens of credit cards that loves to buy what they are told is "IN".

At what point does this Corporation or spouse learn that superficial belongings are petty in the big picture? At what measure will they decide they need to actually budget the money? "I have 4 mansions and a vacation island...should I pay my workers more? Nah...I'll just raise the cost of my products if my employee's try to demand more. I deserve the lifestyle that my employee's provide for me."

Even though #6 on top percenters is UNEMPLOYED. "My staff does the work. They are lucky to have me."

What is their profit margin mutt? Liberals like to scream about billions in profit like it is a massive thing, but whether based on billions in sales or hundreds of billions in sales it makes a difference. They ARE. Being paid a fair wage for their skill set. You want to arbitrarily decide to force that wage up. Regardless of whether or not it will help... Just because it makes you FEEL superior.

dear idiot we already have minimum wage laws and have had for many years.

RAISING them to match the market conditions is our fucking right.

Now discuss and defend why you think the minimum wage is comporting with current reality.

Bring some facts and not your same ass catches.

My wife and I douchebag.....go fuck yourself....I'm done with you're you low rent asshole.

Edit: I noticed you didn't deny my appraisal of you....just attacked...so I'd say I hit pretty close to home. Oh subterranean one.

I noticed you made a claim and can't prove it.

whos been CEO for about a year.

what if he agrees to raise wages at Micky Ds ?

you will then hate him right

whos been CEO for about a year.

what if he agrees to raise wages at Micky Ds ?

you will then hate him right

Where do you get this shit?

He was COO before that. Is it because he's African-American that you denigrate his accomplishments?

If the law requires raised wages businesses will comply, and workers and consumers will reap the "benefit".

dear idiot we already have minimum wage laws and have had for many years.

RAISING them to match the market conditions is our fucking right.

Now discuss and defend why you think the minimum wage is comporting with current reality.

Bring some facts and not your same ass catches.

Can you cite something that suggests minimum wage laws were enacted to ensure employees could afford a house, car, health insurance?

You keep saying "living wage". What do you feel a person who has not developed skills deserves to be paid and what kind of lifestyle should they enjoy?

the wealthy pay more of the tax revenue than the poor, so it works out. Or is the math too hard for you?

Not always... remember those companies who pay zero taxes?

Looks like McDonald's actually does pay taxes though - http://politicalcorrection.org/blog/201111070010

But don't worry, it's not hurting them too much
McDonald's, though, actually does pay relatively high taxes on U.S. profits. From 2008-2010, the fast food company paid an effective federal corporate income tax rate of 31.3 percent, one of the highest rates paid among the 280 companies included in the study. Its effective U.S. tax rate was ten percentage points higher than its foreign tax rate — again, one of the highest in the study.

So is the company's relatively high effective tax rate a crushing burden that threatens to drive an iconic American success story out of business? Not exactly. Over the three years in question, McDonald's enjoyed U.S. profits of nearly $8 billion. Profits have increased in recent years, and the company's stock price has soared 122 percent over the past five years:

Back