How to cook corn in a microwave

Never had it, but it sounds good.

Its a cupboard go to.

1 can creamed corn

2 small cans mexicorn or 1 package frozen corn

salt, pepper (red pepper flakes optional)

2 eggs beaten.

combine corn, eggs and seasoning. Dump in a lightly oiled casserole dish and bake in 350 degree preheated over for 40 minutes.

Don't slam the oven door or it will fall.

If you use frozen corn, put it in a colander and run hot water over it before you incorporate.

Its a lovely side dish.

Its a cupboard go to.

1 can creamed corn

2 small cans mexicorn or 1 package frozen corn

salt, pepper (red pepper flakes optional)

2 eggs beaten.

combine corn, eggs and seasoning. Dump in a lightly oiled casserole dish and bake in 350 degree preheated over for 40 minutes.

Don't slam the oven door or it will fall.

If you use frozen corn, put it in a colander and run hot water over it before you incorporate.

Its a lovely side dish.

Cool, I'm gonna try it. Thanks. :)

Just bookmarked your post into my recipe folder.

My brother is one of these hippy dippy "we're all gonna die if we use a microwave" people. You're not one of those, are you? Lol. :D
No, not at all. It's perfectly fine in a pinch if something needs to be reheated...but for cooking? Never...;)
Ohio Sweet corn? Especially never!

Top isn't remotely liberal!

Did Dark Soul really suggest all those liberal foodie woman don't like to cook? He's basically saying the organic whole food types don't like to cook. He's mistaking liberals with The Real Housewives. He's also mistaking intelligent conversation, with empty minded ego blurbs

Did Dark Soul really suggest all those liberal foodie woman don't like to cook? He's basically saying the organic whole food types don't like to cook. He's mistaking liberals with The Real Housewives. He's also mistaking intelligent conversation, with empty minded ego blurbs

He obviously doesn't know Top!

No, not at all. It's perfectly fine in a pinch if something needs to be reheated...but for cooking? Never...;)
Ohio Sweet corn? Especially never!

Finally, a single thing we agree on. Microwaved corn is disgusting. Fresh sweet corn should be placed lovingly into a pot of water enough to cover the ears. Then it should be gradually brought to a boil. As soon as the water boils, the pot should be removed from heat and set aside for five additional minutes. The honorable corn should then be respectfully placed upon a platter with plenty of softened butter close by to anoint it with. Salt is optional, pepper even more so.

My grandma used to grow a stand of sweet corn just for me when we visited them up here in Michigan in the summer. Sweet memories, flicking grasshoppers off your arms while you picked the ears. Parking them in the canvas bag she had. Then shucking them in the chicken yard and putting them into her giant kettle. Eating them till you couldn't eat no more, then sitting out in the car for an hour with Mom listening to the Cardinals baseball game on KMOX radio. Good times.

Got that nutsackidiot on ignore, but hahahaha! I'm liberal, love to cook, am a field editor and writer for one of America's biggest cooking magazines.

Back