I am way higher than Grind right now.

Another n00b that doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about when it comes to vaping. Here are many reasons why one should vape:

1. Health. You aren't breathing in smoke particles. Or far less. This is true.

2. Economics. You get waaaaay more distance out of your weed with vaping as it only requires a little bit to get you blasted. What would give me one bong session could easily give me about ~12 vape sessions

3. Stealthiness. First with vapes you can hit it without anyone even noticing. You aren't leaving a trail of smoke behind you wherever you are going. With vaping the smell dissipates very quickly. This is great if you are living in apartments, no smoke is getting caught up in the curtains which can make the smell linger for a long time. It's also great for being at concerts or in an area where you might not want people to know you are getting blazed. It's the perfect out and about solution.

4. AVB (Already Vaped Bud) - with vaping, you are able to REUSE your weed and make edibles with it. Normally you can't just eat weed straight, as it needs to be decarboxylated via cooking. However vaping already takes care of this process. The end result is that after vaping you can take your AVB and throw it into coffee, throw it on top of your food, make smores with it, cookies, all types of food, or literally just eat it straight and you'll get blasted. Can't do that with normal smoking. So remember what I said in point 2 about about economics? Not only are you getting like 10x the amount of sessions with vaping but then you also get MORE sessions when you eat it.

5. Taste. Without torching your weed with fire, if you have high quality bud vaping will allow you to appreciate the flower more.
Man if I tried that I'd be wasted 24/7. No thanks! LOL

Don't disagree with a single thing you said though.

I don't smoke weed because I'm scared they're going to drop a drug test on me at any moment.
Yea my job is classified as "safety relevant" so...there is that. Also if you work for a corporation it's naïve to think they don't have bots that track employees behavior and comments on the internet so it's probably not a wise idea to discuss topics that could damage your career.

Sadly, that's an issue. Of course, you could do all the blow you want, and never get caught.
Most drugs have rapid half lives and defeating drug tests for them is fairly easy unless you're stoned on that drug when you're tested. Opiates and THC are lipid soluble and thus have long half lives and let's be honest. The major drug of concern in drug testing is THC. If THC wasn't illegal and so prevalent most employers wouldn't go to the cost and expense of drug testing. Still it is the reality.

Well, make use of that paycheck of yours to build a nice liquor cabinet. Find yourself a decent scotch to start with.

I've bought a few expensive scotches. They don't taste much different from the cheap stuff IMO. My store has a single malt scotch brand that sells for 25 bucks, I usually buy that. I just bought an Islay whiskey last time, fuck is that shit rough.

Most drugs have rapid half lives and defeating drug tests for them is fairly easy unless you're stoned on that drug when you're tested. Opiates and THC are lipid soluble and thus have long half lives and let's be honest. The major drug of concern in drug testing is THC. If THC wasn't illegal and so prevalent most employers wouldn't go to the cost and expense of drug testing. Still it is the reality.
Ironically, those who smoke pot are the least likely to steal from an employer, or miss days due to hangover, etc.

Not really. They joke about it in the Dutch pubs where it's legal to smoke. "You can tell the Americans smoking weed. They're the ones coughing.".

Dude I am well aware of the European habit of mixing hash (not weed) with tobacco.
It is disgusting.
I hate it.

Hah! I was getting high before you were born.

If you need to get high in public, (not 'be' high in public) then your problems go way past simply trying to be the first kid on the block with the newest toys.

When you smoke high quality weed, you don't need to smoke continuously. You get all the taste you need, and for me, cost is never an issue. The only benefit to vaping is that you aren't inhaling burned cellulose. If you need to be high during your entire awake cycle, you need counseling.

If you're cooking with vaped bud, then you'd be better off licking your ass. It will taste the same
well unlike you apparently I don't drive while high, so If I go out somewhere or to a movie or a concert I like to do my shit on location. As for taste with edibles if you do it right you don't even notice the taste. Again you are a vape n00b.

A bike is the next thing I buy. Any good road bikes for under a thousand?
absolutely. Go to bikes direct. I'd recommend their motobecane super strata with Shimano ultegra and mavic wheel set at $995.

You can get a great deal on a used bike on EBay if you're patient and know what to look for. I'm a big believer that unless you're racing at a high level get a good chrome moly steel framed bike. They have a better ride quality, handling and durability than aluminum or carbon bikes but aluminum and carbon are good too. For a new bike, at that price point, I would go with an aluminum frame and buy a brooks leather saddle to compensate for the harsh ride quality.

Last edited:
I don't need anything fast, I just need a good build quality. I missing my old commuter bike (which is down in Mississippi), though that was heavy and slow as fuck. I can borrow my bro's bike, but it's a shitty bike from wal-mart and almost unrideable. Everything on it wobbles.

well unlike you apparently I don't drive while high, so If I go out somewhere or to a movie or a concert I like to do my shit on location. As for taste with edibles if you do it right you don't even notice the taste. Again you are a vape n00b.
Burned weed tastes like burned weed. I vape when I watch UFC fights at my buddy's house. He uses a bag. Much less taste than a stone bowl. I've seen what the used weed looks/smells like. I can't argue against the merits re. health. All the rest is just personal preference.

absolutely. Go to bikes direct. I'd recommend their motobecane super strata with Shimano ultegra and mavic wheel set at $995.

You can get a great deal on a used bike on EBay if you're patient and know what to look for. I'm a big believer that unless you're racing at a high level get a good chrome moly steel framed bike. They have a better ride quality, handling and durability than aluminum or carbon bikes but aluminum and carbon are good too. For a new bike, at that price point, I would go with an aluminum frame and buy a brooks leather saddle to compensate for the harsh ride quality.

I really wanted a full carbon bike, but way to expensive. I settled for a bike with carbon folks and seat post and the difference between that and non-carbon was amazing. The stiffness made a huge difference and I didn't feel the road as much through my arms.

I don't need anything fast, I just need a good build quality. I missing my old commuter bike (which is down in Mississippi), though that was heavy and slow as fuck. I can borrow my bro's bike, but it's a shitty bike from wal-mart and almost unrideable. Everything on it wobbles.
I hear you but you also want to avoid a bike where feel you're going to need to upgrade it as you'll end up spending more money over time. For your needs $1000 is an excellent starting point and will get you an excellent quality bike that's reliable and will work for commuting, touring, group rides and racing.

To put things in perspective, and to give you and idea of how road bike quality has improved, the Motobecane Super Strada I recommend is a better bike than you would have found in the pro peloton 20 years ago.

I've bought a few expensive scotches. They don't taste much different from the cheap stuff IMO. My store has a single malt scotch brand that sells for 25 bucks, I usually buy that. I just bought an Islay whiskey last time, fuck is that shit rough.

$25 is not expensive. Spend double that for a good occasion, you will be amazed.

I really wanted a full carbon bike, but way to expensive. I settled for a bike with carbon folks and seat post and the difference between that and non-carbon was amazing. The stiffness made a huge difference and I didn't feel the road as much through my arms.
Get a Brooks leather saddle. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes in comfort. Aluminum bikes are light and fast but harsh. Those qualities can be eliminated with a carbon fork and a Brooks leather saddle. I don't like carbon seat post. Seen to many of them fail catastrophically. Not pretty. Unless you're racing get a Brooks saddle. If you have carbon forks, and most road bikes these days do, inspect it regularly for delamination or scoring and if you detect either replace it immediately. Carbon is a great material for bikes but durability is its major flaw.

Unless you're racing or you have money to spare buy a good steel bike. It will cost between $2 & $4 grand but will have a ride that does not exist in an aluminum bike. You can get Carbon bikes with that ride quality but you'll pay $6 to $10 grand and it won't be as durable. Sure it will be a few pounds heavier but unless you're at 6% body fat that doesn't mean squat so don't get hung up on weight. Ride quality and handling are more important.

I wouldn't buy a carbon bike. Way over rated unless you're racing at a high level. The problem with carbon bikes is that, like steel, bikes it requires a lot of manual skill layering the sheets of carbon to achieve superior ride quality and that drives up cost. Then under constant loading microcracks occur in the epoxy resin and ride quality declines. So carbon bikes have a limited life times. Steel frames require a lot of manual skill to create their excellent ride quality which drives up cost though not as much as carbon cost and as long as you prevent corrosion will last a lifetime.

For an entry level road bike you can't beat aluminum. It's as light as carbon and super stiff. Its downside is durability and harsh ride quality. Ride quality on an aluminum bike can be mitigated as I stated above and when the frame wears out it's not that costly to replace.

So unless you're racing and you can afford a higher level of quality than entry level go with steel. It's even in the advertising. When bike shops try to sell you a high end carbon bike they often say "and it rides like a steel bike!"

I spent a $3,400 on my Raleigh international. It's a Reynolds 853 lugged steel frame set. It weighs 19 lbs with a leather sadle and steel fork. The ride quality and handling is superb. I have ridden a Trek Madone and a Specialized S-Works both tricked out with full Dura Ace. Both are incredible bikes, super light, very stiff where it needs to be and compliant where it needs to be and great handling and ride quality but not as good a ride quality as my steel Raleigh or as durable and they're $8000 bikes!

Last edited:
Mott is correct, however, I would like to add my 2 cents, I spent 1150, but wanted to keep my budget under a 1000, and the 150 extra was worth it. I paid cash and the store threw in the tax, so even more worth it.

Try Craigslist as well. I had to sell my bike because I was moving, it had only a couple hundred miles on it, six months old, and the guy who bought it, I sold him everything, shoes, pump, helmet for 900.

Back