I am way higher than Grind right now.

Get a Brooks leather saddle. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes in comfort. Aluminum bikes are light and fast but harsh. Those qualities can be eliminated with a carbon fork and a Brooks leather saddle. I don't like carbon seat post. Seen to many of them fail catastrophically. Not pretty. Unless you're racing get a Brooks saddle. If you have carbon forks, and most road bikes these days do, inspect it regularly for delamination or scoring and if you detect either replace it immediately. Carbon is a great material for bikes but durability is its major flaw.

Unless you're racing or you have money to spare buy a good steel bike. It will cost between $2 & $4 grand but will have a ride that does not exist in an aluminum bike. You can get Carbon bikes with that ride quality but you'll pay $6 to $10 grand and it won't be as durable. Sure it will be a few pounds heavier but unless you're at 6% body fat that doesn't mean squat so don't get hung up on weight. Ride quality and handling are more important.

I wouldn't buy a carbon bike. Way over rated unless you're racing at a high level. The problem with carbon bikes is that, like steel, bikes it requires a lot of manual skill layering the sheets of carbon to achieve superior ride quality and that drives up cost. Then under constant loading microcracks occur in the epoxy resin and ride quality declines. So carbon bikes have a limited life times. Steel frames require a lot of manual skill to create their excellent ride quality which drives up cost though not as much as carbon cost and as long as you prevent corrosion will last a lifetime.

For an entry level road bike you can't beat aluminum. It's as light as carbon and super stiff. Its downside is durability and harsh ride quality. Ride quality on an aluminum bike can be mitigated as I stated above and when the frame wears out it's not that costly to replace.

So unless you're racing and you can afford a higher level of quality than entry level go with steel. It's even in the advertising. When bike shops try to sell you a high end carbon bike they often say "and it rides like a steel bike!"

I spent a $3,400 on my Raleigh international. It's a Reynolds 853 lugged steel frame set. It weighs 19 lbs with a leather sadle and steel fork. The ride quality and handling is superb. I have ridden a Trek Madone and a Specialized S-Works both tricked out with full Dura Ace. Both are incredible bikes, super light, very stiff where it needs to be and compliant where it needs to be and great handling and ride quality but not as good a ride quality as my steel Raleigh or as durable and they're $8000 bikes!

Is Watermark still going to be able to attach his training wheels, if he goes the route you've suggested?

Burned weed tastes like burned weed. I vape when I watch UFC fights at my buddy's house. He uses a bag. Much less taste than a stone bowl. I've seen what the used weed looks/smells like. I can't argue against the merits re. health. All the rest is just personal preference.

vaping​ doesn't burn the weed you n00b.

Pharmacokinetics of Opioids
• Lipid solubility
• The most potent forms are very lipid
soluble (heroin, fentanyl).
• Less potent forms aren’t very lipid
soluble (morphine, methadone).
• 80% of morphine is metabolized
before
reaching the brain.
• Opioids are metabolized by the liver.

vaping​ doesn't burn the weed you n00b.
Well, before you even knew what weed was, we were keeping the lighter far enough away from the weed, and only burning the trichomes. Essentially, we were vaping long before anyone dreamed of vaping. Now, after you Google trichomes, we can discuss the fact that post vaped weed is no longer green, and most of the trichomes have been burned. Sure, if you can't afford to cook fresh pot, I suppose you could slum it and use your spent weed.

Kinda like re using coffee grounds.

Back