i finally have had waffle house

I don't know if there are waffle houses around here, but I live down the street from an iHop. When I was in the FL Panhandle, I could drive down the highway and pass multiple waffle houses and gumbo shacks.

I don't know if there are waffle houses around here, but I live down the street from an iHop. When I was in the FL Panhandle, I could drive down the highway and pass multiple waffle houses and gumbo shacks.
IHop is OK for breakfast but for like something greasy after drinking all night nothing beat Waffle House...though when I was in college I used to go to a Maid-Rite for a $3.50 all you could eat breakfast special that was a pretty bomb place to go after drinking.

IHop is OK for breakfast but for like something greasy after drinking all night nothing beat Waffle House...though when I was in college I used to go to a Maid-Rite for a $3.50 all you could eat breakfast special that was a pretty bomb place to go after drinking.

I never really go to iHop unless my friend and I are working on something together, and he asks if I want to go there for a meal. Personally, I would rather go get my pancakes at a local joint called the Black Bear Diner.

I never really go to iHop unless my friend and I are working on something together, and he asks if I want to go there for a meal. Personally, I would rather go get my pancakes at a local joint called the Black Bear Diner.
We have a Midwestern chain called Bob Evans that's my favorite breakfast joint. They also make pretty code home style cooking that would have been popular in the 1950's.

I also live about 8 miles from an Amish community, plain City. They have an Amish Restaurant there called "Der Dutchman" and it's like going on the way back machine to what dinner was like in 1968. They also have a shop where they sell caned food in mason jars. They also have a bakery and every time I walk into it I get that Deja vu feeling that I"m walking into my Grandma's house in the morning.

We have a Midwestern chain called Bob Evans that's my favorite breakfast joint. They also make pretty code home style cooking that would have been popular in the 1950's.

I also live about 8 miles from an Amish community, plain City. They have an Amish Restaurant there called "Der Dutchman" and it's like going on the way back machine to what dinner was like in 1968. They also have a shop where they sell caned food in mason jars. They also have a bakery and every time I walk into it I get that Deja vu feeling that I"m walking into my Grandma's house in the morning.

Growing-up, I always went to Cocoas. Now that they are disappearing in WA, the preferred chain is Sherri's. The best chain I've ever been to was Perkins, but I was on the road and have never seen one around.

Growing-up, I always went to Cocoas. Now that they are disappearing in WA, the preferred chain is Sherri's. The best chain I've ever been to was Perkins, but I was on the road and have never seen one around.
Perkins used to be pretty common. I don't know cause I don't travel as much as I used too.

They deal with drunks all night. Sobriety is a useful tool (at times). Plus whiskey dick would ruin the entire effort.
Ah! Both very good points. My frame of reference is that Waffle House is where the Mrs. and I go after we've been out all night drinking. If you know what I mean?

Back