i finally have had waffle house

I stopped eating at Subway.

We have a new sandwich chain called Jimmy Johns. I go there for sandwiches now. The assholes make their minimum wage employees sign non-compete agreements. You really have to admire that kind dickishness. Their pickles aren't bad either.

lol awesome. I would love to support such a place.

Jimmy Johns isn't new. I've been stuck listening to their silly commercials for some time, now. I hear they're pretty good, though, but I haven't dropped-in on them yet.

I stopped eating at Subway.

We have a new sandwich chain called Jimmy Johns. I go there for sandwiches now. The assholes make their minimum wage employees sign non-compete agreements. You really have to admire that kind dickishness. Their pickles aren't bad either.

You JUST got Jimmy Johns? We had that shit when I was in middle school.

Non-compete agreements should me banned.
Why would you sign one or work for a company that insisted you did?

Unless you're working on developing proprietary products for a company or have access to business-critical, non-public information you should never sign a non-compete agreement and even then only if the non-compete agreement has a significant severance compensation package.

A company I used to work for closed down one of their hubs I was working at and laid everyone off. Before they did that the cynical bastards gave one of those "Who ate my Cheese" presentations and then a week later fired everyone. They offered all employees severance pay based on length of service but you had to sign an agreement to not discuss the lay off in public or make any disparaging public comments about the company and it had a 2 year non-compete clause. The last part was incredibly dickish as they were not even going to be competing in that region any longer.

I had only been with them a short time so my severance package was two weeks pay. After reading the severance agreement I told them to go jump in a lake. I filed for unemployment and by the time I got my first check I already had another job.

We're perfectly aware in Ohio that it only takes you that long to get through the 6th grade.

Yes, but because you can't count, our sixth grade is the equivalent to your senior year in college.

This also applies to our academic standards, but that's another story.

Yes, but because you can't count, our sixth grade is the equivalent to your senior year in college.

This also applies to our academic standards, but that's another story.
Hey what's wrong with counting on your fingers? It's the only way you folks up north can reach eleven.

Why would you sign one or work for a company that insisted you did?

Unless you're working on developing proprietary products for a company or have access to business-critical, non-public information you should never sign a non-compete agreement and even then only if the non-compete agreement has a significant severance compensation package.

A company I used to work for closed down one of their hubs I was working at and laid everyone off. Before they did that the cynical bastards gave one of those "Who ate my Cheese" presentations and then a week later fired everyone. They offered all employees severance pay based on length of service but you had to sign an agreement to not discuss the lay off in public or make any disparaging public comments about the company and it had a 2 year non-compete clause. The last part was incredibly dickish as they were not even going to be competing in that region any longer.

I had only been with them a short time so my severance package was two weeks pay. After reading the severance agreement I told them to go jump in a lake. I filed for unemployment and by the time I got my first check I already had another job.

California forbids non-compete agreements. That's why it's so innovative compared to all the other places that just let employers go hog wild and infringe on employee rights as they wish as a sop to big business.

A lot of companies have found out the hard way that you get things done with good people and one good way to prevent good people from working for your company is to fuck with them like this.

A lot of companies have found out the hard way that you get things done with good people and one good way to prevent good people from working for your company is to fuck with them like this.

I'd like to think this is true, but generally the management attitude is "The beatings will continue until morale improves".

Back