I Graduated

Well, I am confident that I can teach a decent US History course without much aid, but I'll want to work on my world history a bit.

Coming out of the university, I too was quite confident on US History, even Global, but not ancient. I wanted my students to have more of a classical historical perspective than I did, it took nearly 8 years, though would have been better if I could have read Greek or Italian.

BTW, congratulations! While there may be way too many social studies teachers, there will never be enough to teach students what they need to know and why.

Yeah, the MIT, unlike the MED, is designed for people who don't already have teaching experience. Thus, there are no special emphasis curriculums such as technology specialization. Just the usual elementary/secondary/special education focuses. Mine will of course be secondary ed.

Adolescents in the classroom scare me. I had to do it once, for a semester (our equivalent of community college). I would sooner face an armed and angry man than a room full of various facial piercings staring at me.

Best of luck with your endeavours. Don't forget to bring a Kimber into the classroom for your own protection.

LOL at Diu and USC! Gotta love the taser.

Yeah, Kathy, I really need to hit the books on Greece and Rome. I know my dad has a few volumes on Rome, which I will grab. These next two years should provide me the opportunity to do some extensive reading on my subject...

LOL at Diu and USC! Gotta love the taser.

Yeah, Kathy, I really need to hit the books on Greece and Rome. I know my dad has a few volumes on Rome, which I will grab. These next two years should provide me the opportunity to do some extensive reading on my subject...

I don't know if this will help or not, but I was pretty prepared for both Greece and Rome, not where I wanted to be, but good enough. Real problems, China, Japan, Islam, and Paganism. The kids are fascinated by polytheism, while covered at university, they want all they can get. Real teachable moments.

I don't know if this will help or not, but I was pretty prepared for both Greece and Rome, not where I wanted to be, but good enough. Real problems, China, Japan, Islam, and Paganism. The kids are fascinated by polytheism, while covered at university, they want all they can get. Real teachable moments.

I have Islam to 750 totally down, because my Dean is a Middle East scholar. The Abbasids are boring as hell, but I will need to catch up on modern Islam. I also took a course on China and Japan, so I have a foundation there. Need to study my Celtic/Germanic paganism as well... Greece and Rome shouldn't be too bad to learn, because they are fascinating, and because I have studied Western philosophy and am a member of a collegiate organization that studies Western Civ. and read its journals.

God bless the classroom that has to be taught by Threedee. People like him are the reason we should have much tighter regulations on who becomes a teacher (including not being delusional).

Well, I am confident that I can teach a decent US History course without much aid, but I'll want to work on my world history a bit.

Right on man, go for it. I'm guessing you'd make a pretty good teacher. I'm guessing you have the temperment for it.

Me, I'd be ripping the little f*ckers heads off if they back talked me. :eek:

Don't forget to teach them that individuals suck and what matters are abstractions like "the economy".

I will when we discuss the background behind the shift from the republican world view (Real Whig Ideology, etc.) of the Revolutionary and Federalist eras to the democratic world view of the Jeffersonian and Jacksonian eras (rise of populism and other shitty things). Screw the individual, kill the Jew, and support the country and its economy.

I'm going to make more money.

No shit. Incidentally, stick with engineering. It guarantees big bucks, whereas being a lawyer is often much like being a starving composer, except that you don't even get to make people smile.

God bless the classroom that has to be taught by Threedee. People like him are the reason we should have much tighter regulations on who becomes a teacher (including not being delusional).

Fuck you too. Oh, and the speaker at my graduation told me I should ignore people like you who try to discourage me from my goals. The guy, a black man, graduated from the Saint Martin's high school, which they shut down in the 70's to focus on the college, and he of course made something of himself and has received a few outstanding alumnus awards and now an honorary doctorate.

Ironically, he became a lawyer and is now a federal judge, so I guess that means you get to ignore my comment about playing it safe with engineering. But I digress, fuck you, Watermark. :321:

Oh yeah, I just moved into a new apartment off campus and will be starting my new program on monday. My roommate graduated with me in psychology and plans to start in the MAC (counciling psychology) program in autumn...

...I can never resist saying autumn instead of fall. Both of my major term papers in history classes last fall were labeled as autumn, just to see if the professors would notice and wonder why. Perhaps my roommate can figure out what provokes me, or if its just Satan and has nothing to do with mental health...

I will when we discuss the background behind the shift from the republican world view (Real Whig Ideology, etc.) of the Revolutionary and Federalist eras to the democratic world view of the Jeffersonian and Jacksonian eras (rise of populism and other shitty things). Screw the individual, kill the Jew, and support the country and its economy.

But you said screw the individual. You said screw the individual and his debt; what matters is the volume of economic activity.

You're a brainwashed fascist and you can't even see it.

You're a disgrace.

Internationalist fascism exists, even though you refuse to accept the term in an attempt to deny the reality.

Internationalist Fascism is even more insidious. At least with Nationalist Fascism some indigenous populations were embraced. Internationalist fascism embraces nobody and seeks to reduce all states to entities who merely enforce corporate loyalty on behalf of multinational corporations.

Oh yeah, I just moved into a new apartment off campus and will be starting my new program on monday. My roommate graduated with me in psychology and plans to start in the MAC (counciling psychology) program in autumn...

...I can never resist saying autumn instead of fall. Both of my major term papers in history classes last fall were labeled as autumn, just to see if the professors would notice and wonder why. Perhaps my roommate can figure out what provokes me, or if its just Satan and has nothing to do with mental health...

Pay no mind to asshat. Teaching is an awesome career choice, you have my high five. I actually used to teach community college, and while it's not the best money around, it was actually the most fun and rewarding job I ever had. I wouldn't mind doing it again. What is it, like 3 semesters to get a teaching credential?

Back