I Loathe Flying As A Means Of Getting Somewhere

On the up side those who are privileged by the airlines get to avoid a lot of the cattle class of the airports with their special clubs/waiting rooms.

I have never seen one, likely never will, but I hear that they are nice.

The airlines are currently kicking people out of the privoledge class because they decided the zones for the class are getting overcrowded, they have allowed too many people into the class.

The airlines are currently kicking people out of the privoledge class because they decided the zones for the class are getting overcrowded, they have allowed too many people into the class.
I've never seen it. What airline were you on?

It's in the link. Have your Russian spy family read it to you, comrade.
You do the work if you want to make a point.

You are probably lying aways, and I am not a moron.

The quote needs to be about comparing current business class with old standard class in quality and constant dollar metrics, and I point out that we are lied to about inflation, the inflation ratio they used for the constant dollar figure is wrong.

98% chance this is not actually anywhere in the text as you claim, so I am not going to waste my time looking for it.

You do the work if you want to make a point.

You are probably lying aways, and I am not a moron.

The quote needs to be about comparing current business class with old standard class in quality and constant dollar metrics, and I point out that we are lied to about inflation, the inflation ratio they used for the constant dollar figure is wrong.

98% chance this is not actually anywhere in the text as you claim, so I am not going to waste my time looking for it.
The point was made, #10. The fact you can't see it is expected. Unlike you, I have faith most JPP members know exactly what I'm referencing.

QED

Sez the guy who can't read the article without a reader tell him what it says.

Did you pull that number out of your enormous ass or do you have actual stats, #10?

The point was made, #10. The fact you can't see it is expected. Unlike you, I have faith most JPP members know exactly what I'm referencing.

QED

Sez the guy who can't read the article without a reader tell him what it says.

Did you pull that number out of your enormous ass or do you have actual stats, #10?
Bleh Bleh Bleh as you fail yet again to produce.

TSA is itself unconstitutional. It also has not prevented any hijacking or hazardous passenger. It is unconstitutional to conduct searches without warrants or arrest. It is also quite pointless and wastes a lot of time and money.

This is a fallacy. You are trying to prove a negative. As for its constitutionality,

It is extremely easy to construct a bomb or weapon on the sanctified side of any major airport from materials found in various stores there, or to construct a distraction that can easily shut down whole sections of the nation's airline service using simple materials. Many of these methods are known to terror groups as well.

The biggest reason that terrorists aren't hijacking US airlines anymore is that they know the attempt will only result in their own deaths. People know it's a life and death situation now, and not just a trip to Cuba. They will respond accordingly. Any hijacker stupid enough to try to take over a plane today will not last 5 seconds against the passengers.

It's not the TSA.

Currently due to overregulation of railways at the moment. Long distance rail does exist, such as the Empire Builder run between Chicago and Seattle, and the Coast Starlight run between Los Angeles, SDTC and Seattle. Both pass by some great scenery, but you can only see that during the daylight portions of the trip.

They are both Amtrak and depend on government subsidy to operate. Neither owns the tracks they run on. They have to share those tracks with freight rail, which has higher priority because they own the tracks.

It is already installed. It does cost a fortune and must be subsidized by the government to even operate. Yes, it's worse than flying, since it takes longer than driving the distance, is more expensive, tends to lock you into their schedule, and at the end you still have to rent a car to get around.

At least flying also offers some scenery, but takes mere hours to accomplish the same trip, and is generally much cheaper. TSA makes it misery though.

Of course, if the terrorist(s) want simply to kill lots of Americans, the easiest way would be to carry a large, man portable, bomb to the TSA security site when it is particularly busy and set it off. The TSA is creating by having a choke point with long lines and masses of people a perfect target for terrorists. The security point, prior to entry, is unsecure and allows a bomber to just walk up into the mass of people there and detonate their bomb for maximum effect.

Because that works for you. For many, it doesn't. Especially for business. You can conduct business the entire time you are on a train.

That's not true. It depends entirely on what you business is. If I am going to Tucson--which I do off and on now--to quote a job, I can't do that from the train. I have to drive there, then to the job site where I do things like take physical measurements, examine structures, etc. In fact, I'd say that it is more likely you can't conduct business while travelling on a train, any more than by car or plane, than being there in person. You wouldn't be travelling at all if you could conduct business remotely.

This is a fallacy. You are trying to prove a negative. As for its constitutionality,

Of course, if the terrorist(s) want simply to kill lots of Americans, the easiest way would be to carry a large, man portable, bomb to the TSA security site when it is particularly busy and set it off. The TSA is creating by having a choke point with long lines and masses of people a perfect target for terrorists. The security point, prior to entry, is unsecure and allows a bomber to just walk up into the mass of people there and detonate their bomb for maximum effect.

That's not true. It depends entirely on what you business is. If I am going to Tucson--which I do off and on now--to quote a job, I can't do that from the train. I have to drive there, then to the job site where I do things like take physical measurements, examine structures, etc. In fact, I'd say that it is more likely you can't conduct business while travelling on a train, any more than by car or plane, than being there in person. You wouldn't be travelling at all if you could conduct business remotely.
Again...your life is not the same as millions of others. Nobody is forcing you to use a superior method of transportation

You support shrinking the Federal government, cutting funding of all federal agencies then you whine when it's not operating at optimal efficiency, Terry? WTF happened to you after your 20 years of military service?

You support shrinking the Federal government, cutting funding of all federal agencies then you whine when it's not operating at optimal efficiency, Terry? WTF happened to you after your 20 years of military service?
I do because more =/= better. The TSA has become another bloated, inefficient, expensive bureaucracy and little more.

I do because more =/= better. The TSA has become another bloated, inefficient, expensive bureaucracy and little more.
With long lines because they don't have enough people, training or facilities. Anyone who served in the military for one hitch or more knows what I'm referencing.

This is a fallacy. You are trying to prove a negative.
I am not conducting a proof. Fallacy fallacy. Nothing about what the TSA does protects air travel.
As for its constitutionality,
You never listed where in the Constitution the TSA is authorized, or where Congress is authorized to create such an organization that has the power to override the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 14th amendments.
That is true. It's probably only a matter of time before it happens, particularly if the attack takes place on a busy travel weekend, such as Memorial Day.
That's not true. It depends entirely on what you business is. If I am going to Tucson--which I do off and on now--to quote a job, I can't do that from the train.
Because a) you have no train, and b) you need your truck. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I support high speed rail projects.
I have to drive there, then to the job site where I do things like take physical measurements, examine structures, etc. In fact, I'd say that it is more likely you can't conduct business while travelling on a train, any more than by car or plane, than being there in person. You wouldn't be travelling at all if you could conduct business remotely.
Unfortunately, many jobs cannot be done remotely. Like you said, you have to be on site to take physical measurements, etc. While some building inspectors can do some things remotely (saving them time), many things they can't. They have to be on site too. It's the only way to verify some things are up to code.

When it comes right down to it, remote working is very limited. Even software companies are calling most of their people back to be in the office again.

Because that works for you. For many, it doesn't. Especially for business. You can conduct business the entire time you are on a train.
Nope. You can't. Most businesses require more than just a WIFI connection. How are you going build or maintain a computer, house, building, car, or anything else while on a train? Even sales or suppport require you to be there much of the time.

You must be one of those idiots that think writing software is the only business. Guess what? Remote programming is kind of ending too.

no one is surprised you were a child asshole......
He's whining, trying to justify sitting on the couch all day and doing nothing.

I have three siblings that were in horrible car accidents as children (one lost the ability to walk normally!) and THEY are still active. I even know of one fellow (not in my family) that contracted polio as a child and completely and permanently lost the use of his legs. He started three successful businesses and regularly flew on airlines, despite using crutches to get anywhere. Don't get in the way this guy at the airport! You'll get run over by this guy catching his plane!

The best piano tuner and mechanic I know lost his sight as a child. He is permanently and completely blind. Yet he started and runs a successful business. He had no problem calling you by name when you entered the room where he was working.

Life is what you make of it, even if you have a disability.

Back