I went to 75th anniversary of B17 crash in Sheffield this morning

cancel2 2022

Canceled

They had the flypast at 8:45am, very moving ceremony attended by thousands. The pilot circled Endcliffe Park twice to avoid killing some children playing but the last good engine failed and they hit some trees and all ten of the crew died. It's good to see that this hasn't been forgotten by the people of Sheffield and the BBC did a great job covering the event.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ome-true-flypast-marks-1944-bomber-crash.html

Last edited:
He has dedicated seven decades of his life to the memory of the airmen he never met, spending up to six days a week tending the memorial to them

wtf.

He has dedicated seven decades of his life to the memory of the airmen he never met, spending up to six days a week tending the memorial to them

wtf.

He owes his life to the pilot that sacrificed his own to save him when he was just eight years old. I know that a cynical old bugger like you can't understand but that's because you're a full blown psychopath. I saw him today and heard him speak, truly great man. There were some relatives of the crewmen there as well, you could see how emotional the occasion was for them.

Last edited:
He owes his life to the pilot that sacrificed his own to save him when he was just eight years old. I know that a cynical old bugger like you can't understand but that's because you're a full blown psychopath. I saw him today and heard him speak, truly great man. There were some relatives of the crewmen there as well, you could see how emotional the occasion was for them.

so much for you being in Thailand :palm:

They had the flypast at 8:45am, very moving ceremony attended by thousands. The pilot circled Endcliffe Park twice to avoid killing some children playing but the last good engine failed and they hit some trees and all ten of the crew died. It's good to see that this hasn't been forgotten by the people of Sheffield and the BBC did a great job covering the event.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ome-true-flypast-marks-1944-bomber-crash.html

It's wonderful that this man's dream came true, and to see so many people turn out for the ceremony... that crowd size is amazing. I can understand how the memory of the crash would stay in Mr. Foulds' mind forever. He was too young to have a tragedy of that magnitude happen right in front of him. And for it to happen during the war when every plane and pilot counted... I can't imagine.

How can that be, just this morning you were giving me a fine blow job, without your dentures.

Please don’t personalize your posts. Go to facebook or something. Are you going to start posting your stuff and the food you eat next?

A pensioner broke down in tears today after his lifelong dream was realised when thousands joined him for a flypast in memory of ten Second World War heroes whose plane crashed as they tried to avoid him and his friends.

Huge crowds applauded and cheered for Tony Foulds, 82, in emotional scenes as they gathered at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to watch the aircraft pay tribute to the American crew of the B-17 Flying Fortress, nicknamed Mi Amigo.

Mr Foulds was eight years old in February 1944 when he witnessed the fireball crash in the park 75 years ago - claiming the lives of ten US airmen - as the pilot tried to avoid him and his friends.
my goodness. I was unaware of the crash..Thanks so much for the post and the video

Please don’t personalize your posts. Go to facebook or something. Are you going to start posting your stuff and the food you eat next?

Far be that you might actually, for once, say something genuine and heartfelt. I left this thread open and so far it's just been like a virtual flypaper for lowlifes.

my goodness. I was unaware of the crash..Thanks so much for the post and the video

Yes sadly until recently many in Sheffield were unaware of it as well, but it's become a national news story. I live quite close to that park and have known about it for a long time. I think one of the problems in the past has been the fact that the memorial is hidden by trees for the most part. This were exceptionally brave men who gave their lives to save the children in the park that day.

I am in Riverside today waiting for a court to open. It’s 37 degrees and there is snow on the mountains. This place is pretty sad. Glad I don’t live here. Just thought you all might want to know.

Back