I went to the Store (Winn-Dixie) today.

I noticed when I went that it was mostly non-perishable items like bread and canned foods that were hit hardest.

I had to wonder if the people buying up these items are thinking that the virus might knock out their electricity. :rolleyes:

I wonder if we'll see a run on plywood and generators, too. :laugh:

While I have never seen this, on this kinda scale before, I have seen it localized...

Back in 97 there was rumor the levy was gonna break, particularly in an area w/ the river on three sides, called the Pocket area.. The level of the land is generally below the river level & & closer to the levy, the lower the land.

Anyway they were panic buying, particularly water, batteries etc..

Which was totally stupid as most of their houses would be under or very near. THose next to the levy, even two story are likely to have water @ the roof..

So I asked them you planning on staying in your home when it floods?? Nary a one thought that was a good idea, so WTF???:palm:

Batteries for a flashlight?? Sure, 10 cases of water?? Get your head examined..

Awesome score!

I really didn't need much. I was just looking for some bread and milk. You know, just some basics. I figured while I'm there I might as well pick up some odds and ends. It was surprising, ... like the world was going to end. :(

once things get rolling I think it will blow over & these ppl will look themselves in the mirror a bit oddly knowing they spent over $400 on TP, enough for the next couple years & struggle to park in the garage because it is packed w cases of water....

I really didn't need much. I was just looking for some bread and milk. You know, just some basics. I figured while I'm there I might as well pick up some odds and ends. It was surprising, ... like the world was going to end. :(

Are you stocked up on canned goods and shotguns?

once things get rolling I think it will blow over & these ppl will look themselves in the mirror a bit oddly knowing they spent over $400 on TP, enough for the next couple years & struggle to park in the garage because it is packed w cases of water....

Only the ones who are young. The ones old enough to remember Y2K won't even realize they've been dumbasses....again.

They sell bread and milk at a Dollar Store?

Yes. Dollar General does, not sure of the Dollar Store. Dollar Tree doesn't.

Remember this?:
TownTalkQuote.jpg

If people are bent on stocking up on food, why aren't they buying up meat and frozen foods too?

They presumably have refrigerators and freezers at home to store it in.

Unless their brains are subconsciously in "approaching natural disaster/power outage" mode.

here meat is gone but there is plenty of milk and eggs.........another amusing thing is that bottled water is gone but there is plenty of pop........

If people are bent on stocking up on food, why aren't they buying up meat and frozen foods too?

They presumably have refrigerators and freezers at home to store it in.

Unless their brains are subconsciously in "approaching natural disaster/power outage" mode.

Oh, they are. The meat section at Aldi's was all but empty. There was a few loaves of bread there, tho.

Who knows with stupid people...

Who knows where the minds of those nutcases are :thinking:
Oh, and I didn't pay much attention, but Harbor Freight was packed too.
Truth be, a man can never have enough tools (or firearms)!

They sell bread and milk at a Dollar Store?

Yes! They put some of those Dollar General stores out in the middle of nowhere, and there's always lots of cars in their small parking lots. They are convenient for us rural folks.

Oh, they are. The meat section at Aldi's was all but empty. There was a few loaves of bread there, tho.

Who knows with stupid people...

Who knows where the minds of those nutcases are :thinking:
Oh, and I didn't pay much attention, but Harbor Freight was packed too.
Truth be, a man can never have enough tools (or firearms)!

“Crazy is building your ark after the flood has already come.” - John Goodman

Back