I went to the Store (Winn-Dixie) today.

Oh, they are. The meat section at Aldi's was all but empty. There was a few loaves of bread there, tho.

Who knows with stupid people...

Who knows where the minds of those nutcases are :thinking:
Oh, and I didn't pay much attention, but Harbor Freight was packed too.
Truth be, a man can never have enough tools (or firearms)!

The pattern seems to vary from store to store.

The two stores I've been in since Friday night were wiped out on bread, canned food and sanitizers/disinfectants.

Didn't check the TP aisle because I'm good there.

Yes! They put some of those Dollar General stores out in the middle of nowhere, and there's always lots of cars in their small parking lots. They are convenient for us rural folks.

Thanks. I've never needed anything for under a Dollar, so have never been to one.

I left Louisiana in 1991. I figured they went the way of Piggly Wiggly's. :(

Piggly Wiggly ... remember shopping there is San Diego. :)

I never heard of a 'Winn-Dixie' until I came to Louisiana in '65. I thought it was a form of 'subconscious messaging' by die-hard Confederates. (?)

Piggly Wiggly ... remember shopping there is San Diego. :)

I never heard of a 'Winn-Dixie' until I came to Louisiana in '65. I thought it was a form of 'subconscious messaging' by die-hard Confederates. (?)
Could be actually. Winn-Dixie started in north Florida. Now that's redneck country.

You should have gone out earlier when this started. It's easy to make bread if you need a recipe. You can even make without yeast or gather your own yeast by making a starter.

It started in December. I don't know your eating schedule, but I've actually had a few meals between then and now.
(but thanks again for your timely advice)

It started in December. I don't know your eating schedule, but I've actually had a few meals between then and now.
(but thanks again for your timely advice)

It started going downhill coming into March. We stocked up a week ago. Food was plentiful, and they still had TP. Food and TP has been more recent. Earlier it has all the wipes and sanitizers disappearing. A day or two after we left and stores started changing hours and closing service counters. If you really need bread I'd try a local bakery or I can show you recipes. You do have flour, don't you?

It started going downhill coming into March. We stocked up a week ago. Food was plentiful, and they still had TP. Food and TP has been more recent. Earlier it has all the wipes and sanitizers disappearing. A day or two after we left and stores started changing hours and closing service counters. If you really need bread I'd try a local bakery or I can show you recipes. You do have flour, don't you?

I think Trump and the Fox News Propaganda Network has been calling it a 'Hoax' and the Deplorables actually believed it.
Then ... Trump pulls the rug out from underneath them, tells them it's 'Real', ...
and they all go to the Store at the same time and build Toilet Roll Castles around themselves.

Pretty sure when the Deplorables have 'stocked up', the rest of us can go to the Store as usual and get what we want.

Yes. Dollar General does, not sure of the Dollar Store. Dollar Tree doesn't.

Remember this?:
TownTalkQuote.jpg

Debra J., "all dressed up" as usual, when shopping at Walmart...

Ya5DU4IHMC.jpg

:laugh:

Back