If Prop 19 passes?!!

I've been drinking beer for well over 30 years now, and through some fairly lean financial times of my life, but never once have I been tempted to brew my own beer. And I used to grow all my own vegetables, had 40 tomato plant, canned 40 quarts of sauce, and had a root cellar. Even now I still have a vegetable garden. Part of it is these ingredient kits. It looks to me like not much more than mixing up some powdered lemonade. I'd rather make lemonade from lemons. *shrug*

It's easy to brew beer, and as you will find out, it is even cheaper once you've found out how easy it is. You don't need a kit when you can buy your 5 gallon bucket at $2 at Home Depot...
Those aren't food grade buckets Damo. Are you trying to poison me?

I have an antique ceramic 5 gallon container with cover in perfect condition that my grandfather gave me. He used it to make beer during Prohibition. :clink:

I've been drinking beer for well over 30 years now, and through some fairly lean financial times of my life, but never once have I been tempted to brew my own beer. And I used to grow all my own vegetables, had 40 tomato plant, canned 40 quarts of sauce, and had a root cellar. Even now I still have a vegetable garden. Part of it is these ingredient kits. It looks to me like not much more than mixing up some powdered lemonade. I'd rather make lemonade from lemons. *shrug*
It takes way more work to grow your own vegetables and the difference between your own brew and that crap they sell at the store is apparent the very first time.

But yeah, that is an example of why most people who smoke will purchase, still do purchase, and will continue to purchase.

It takes way more work to grow your own vegetables and the difference between your own brew and that crap they sell at the store is apparent the very first time.

But yeah, that is an example of why most people who smoke will purchase, still do purchase, and will continue to purchase.

It really depends on the market prices.

if it says low fine. Otherwise people will grow their own.

This is also why stringfields food price alarmism about illegal labor doesn;t scare me.

Its easy to grow veggies. Its also easy to grow shrubs and grass. The easiest of all is weed.

Its easy to grow veggies. Its also easy to grow shrubs and grass. The easiest of all is weed.

no

if you want kind reefer, it is not easy...it will be just like booze, there will be those that make their own, but the vast majority will be the kind from companies or people who create the kind

You had 40 plants and came up with 40 quarts of tomatos, not counting what you ate fresh.

I don't recall what the yield on an average pot plant is, but just shoving seeds in a bucket of dirt won't yield much. Most pot grown like that will give you a skinny stem with a few leaves at the top. It takes skill to produce buds worth harvesting. And it takes a lot of buds to supply a regular toker for a year.

They won't bother with it.

They'll spend a little money and get quality smoke. If someone is satisfied with shitweed, they may have a planter on their balconey. Otherwise, they will buy commercially grown pot and take advantage of the huge advances in horticulture that the pot world has seen since the 60s.

no

if you want kind reefer, it is not easy...it will be just like booze, there will be those that make their own, but the vast majority will be the kind from companies or people who create the kind
Booze takes a lot more work and dollar investment.

Booze takes a lot more work and dollar investment.

You might be right about that. But growing pot takes more effort and time than most people are willing to put into growing it. Especially if its legal to buy.

Will it be legal to buy, or just legal to possess? If legal to buy, how are they going to address out-of-staters? Buy a pound at 600-700, resell it where it's still controlled for 10 times that much.... Sounds like a problem. The again, it may force the issue in other states.

Will it be legal to buy, or just legal to possess? If legal to buy, how are they going to address out-of-staters? Buy a pound at 600-700, resell it where it's still controlled for 10 times that much.... Sounds like a problem. The again, it may force the issue in other states.

Probably by asking to see their state I.D.

Nah, growing good dope is much more difficult than you think it is.

I still think a lot of people will grow their own, so long as it is allowed. It isn’t that hard to grow hydro but I doubt you could do it efficiently enough to make it worth it. But you can grow perfectly good mid-grade weed, very easily.

I really think, if this passes, we will see the rest of the states fall like dominoes. Those states neighboring California will see their residents crossing state lines to buy and they will resent the lost opportunity of the taxes generated, will have virtually no way to stop the flow and will then move to legalize. It will go like Lotto did, but even quicker as the states without lotto were not spending money trying to stop the tickets.

Probably by asking to see their state I.D.

Actually, it should be unconstitutional for them to deny out-of-staters under the p&i clause in article 4 and in the 14th. :)

As I consider the fallout, I can imagine Florida might be moved to legalize by the tourist industry. Disney Land on weed probably beats Disney World without. :)

I'd donate, but I currently spent my political stipend on the Detroit legalization efforts. I'm also thinking of applying to be a distributor.

The drug cartels will lose their power, prices will drop down to historic lows and the taxes paid on the pot will help the budgets of the states involved.

Sounds like a win/win/win situation.

exactly.... the same situation that occurred when prohibition of alcohol finally ended.

Back