Illegal Immigration Rallies

Well that makes sense. But there will be some, like me reading about some fool calling 911 looking to buy drugs...

I think the rallies work against them. All they did was rile up voters to curb the influx of illegals.

You are probably correct LadyT. Their actions probably swung more over to the anti side of illegal immigration.

You are probably correct LadyT. Their actions probably swung more over to the anti side of illegal immigration.

They are never going to get voters to get behind granting them complete immunity. But there is a way they can keep families together - but I don't think they want to hear my suggestion.

Sure there is a way to keep the families together, ship em all out. If the child was born of illegal immigrant parents it is illegal as well.

One soloution.

They are never going to get voters to get behind granting them complete immunity. But there is a way they can keep families together - but I don't think they want to hear my suggestion.
They don't usually ship out the parents and leave the kid behind, unless the parents have committed some sort of crime (entering illegally doesn't count). There is a reason they are called "anchor babies".

They don't usually ship out the parents and leave the kid behind, unless the parents have committed some sort of crime (entering illegally doesn't count). There is a reason they are called "anchor babies".

Then there are "anchor" wives as well....

I know of one person who was paid 5,000 to marry an illegal, with no sex or anything at all included....A divorce was later paid for...

MEXICO CITY – Almost one in two Mexicans has a family member working in the United States, and a third of those were sent money in the past year, according to a survey published in Mexican daily El Universal Monday.

The poll of 1,000 people showed 45 percent had at least one relative across the border and 61 percent rated the money they send as “very important,” illustrating Mexico's reliance on remittances.

Some 11 million Mexicans in the United States sent home a record $23 billion to their families last year – Mexico's second-biggest source of foreign currency after oil imports, even dwarfing the tourism industry.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/20070430-0956-mexico-usa-.html

I wonder if a lot of people have kids to use as an excuse to stay illegally.

I wonder if a lot of people have kids to use as an excuse to stay illegally.
Tons. Many do not cross until they are pregnant so that they can have them soon after getting here. Specifically because of the Executive order that hospitals have to take them and they don't have to pay...

It doesn't work. These days they deport anyway.
Only rarely. Usually at times that somebody in charge wants to look "tough" on immigration you can find one or two anecdotal stories. However, the vast majority of the time they do not deport people with 14th Amendment citizen children.

Sure there is a way to keep the families together, ship em all out. If the child was born of illegal immigrant parents it is illegal as well.

One soloution.

Fascist!

Why do you support repeal of the 14th ammendment?

;)

Seriously, US, you're proposition causes far more trouble than it solves. There's no reason to strip US babies of citizenship because they were born to illegals, and getting rid of de Jure citizenship would open us up to slavery and such things again. The government could very easily make an underclass of non-citzens in the future if the babies of the non-citzens born on US soil aren't guaranteed citizenship.

Then there are "anchor" wives as well....

I know of one person who was paid 5,000 to marry an illegal, with no sex or anything at all included....A divorce was later paid for...

Yes. The basis of our new immigration system is that those with roots here get preference. What are you going to do about it?

Back