I'm doing a 3 day fast, pretty much for the fuck of it

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
I had a weird thought the other day that I've never probably gone 24 hours in my entire life without eating.

I find this to be an interesting challenge, and I've been doing some reading that this can be healthy if you do this 1 every month or 2.

It promotes cell autophogy, stem cell growth, many other things.

Gonna go 3 full days. Still will have water obv, and tea and coffee. but nothing else.

Plus it's kinda zen. I'm going to meditate the fuck out of this weekend. I might get to a new plane of grind enlightenment. Prepare to get your socks rocked

From now till Sunday night

evince is banned from my fasting thread

I had a weird thought the other day that I've never probably gone 24 hours in my entire life without eating.

I find this to be an interesting challenge, and I've been doing some reading that this can be healthy if you do this 1 every month or 2.

Gonna go 3 full days. Still will have water obv, and tea and coffee. but nothing else.

Plus it's kinda zen. I'm going to meditate the fuck out of this weekend. I might get to a new plane of grind enlightenment. Prepare to get your socks rocked

It's not yet Lent!

It's not yet Lent!

i always felt that people did lent for the church, or out of their devotion to god.

As healthy as meditation and fasting can be, the irony is this is still a hedonistic action. I'm doing it for my own personal pleasure

i always felt that people did lent for the church, or out of their devotion to god.

As healthy as meditation and fasting can be, the irony is this is still a hedonistic action. I'm doing it for my own personal pleasure

Haha, I'm just kidding. Lent isn't really for the Church. It's just that Orthodox Christians have always believed that they honor Christ's sacrifices through symbolic ones. The forty days in the desert were basically Christ showing that the human side of Him was susceptible to pain and agony, even though it's quite longer than what Gandhi or Siddhartha would be physically capable of.

It sounds like a good idea, and may be healthful and beneficial.
It was probably normal for our ancestors to go without food for a few days.
Keep us posted.
Oh, just a tip: Don't smoke any weed. :)

You should do what the Native Americans used to do.

Go off by yourself, find an isolated spot, begin meditating until you have a vision.

Don't forget the fungus!

th

It's what quality visions are made with.

It sounds like a good idea, and may be healthful and beneficial.
It was probably normal for our ancestors to go without food for a few days.
Keep us posted.
Oh, just a tip: Don't smoke any weed. :)

too late

but i do look forward to a 2 day empty stomach high. now that will make me tempt fate

i bet mason would lie if he failed

who else would lie

tom would probably lie

cfm would lie for sure

jarod would probably lie

legion would lie

The say fasting every now and then is good for you (assuming you are in good health). It helps get rid of the weak cells or something.

VERY IMPORTANT: . You are already doing this, but I really must say this. It is very important that you continue to drink water. Never go without water.

The say fasting every now and then is good for you (assuming you are in good health). It helps get rid of the weak cells or something.

VERY IMPORTANT: . You are already doing this, but I really must say this. It is very important that you continue to drink water. Never go without water.

yup thanks. I'll do that.

I think it's a good idea to give your digestive system a 3 day rest in the Spring and maybe Fall. Good luck. :thup:

You're supposed to do a high colonic with the fast.

Once upon a time, in Central America, I survived on rice water for over a month, until the State Department sprung me.

Rice water for over a month? ... I went thru 2 months of starvation training in the military and it wasn't as harsh as that, LOL.

Back