I'm doing a 3 day fast, pretty much for the fuck of it

whatever!
You receive High Praise from all here at JPP for going so long without eating. I think I went without eating for, like, 12 hours once. But that's because I was busy doing something. Plus, I'm not a big eater anyway.

no, both of you are wrong. and once again you are pulling a classic "mott" and saying things I never said or argued against. Fiber, which is a carb that does not spike insulin or enter the bloodstream, is effectively not a carb one needs to count when counting carbs.

I stand corrected. I misunderstood what you were saying.

whatever!
You receive High Praise from all here at JPP for going so long without eating. I think I went without eating for, like, 12 hours once. But that's because I was busy doing something. Plus, I'm not a big eater anyway.

thanks for your support.

I am glad I did it. I like feeling normal again. It was very contemplative. That said, I prob wont do it again for a long while. Though maybe once more this year.

I think I will post some final thoughts later tonight or tomorrow

now you are moving the goal posts. i dont care what manufacturers do to trick retarded boomers. I know which carbs do and do not contribute to various metabolic processes.

It's really simple, subtract fiber from the total number carbs. The leftover number is net carbs.

I have never seen manufactures lying about the fiber content of their products.
I would agree with that if you phrased as subtracting low glycemic carbs from high glycemic carbs equals net carbs. Fiber isn’t the only form of low glycemic carbs but I can see where using your method would be very practical when shopping.

There is an old saying in cycling that works well in general for maintaining a proper weight. Eat before you’re hungry and drink before you’re thirsty. That way you don’t over do/under do either.

now you are moving the goal posts. i dont care what manufacturers do to trick retarded boomers. I know which carbs do and do not contribute to various metabolic processes.

It's really simple, subtract fiber from the total number carbs. The leftover number is net carbs.

I have never seen manufactures lying about the fiber content of their products.

Have you been buying a lot of diabetic foods?Where the net carbs scam is aimed?

Have you been buying a lot of diabetic foods?Where the net carbs scam is aimed?

no

I just know basic science that fiber doesn't spike insulin and isn't metabolized and thus doesn't enter into the equation when it comes to the digestive process WHICH MEANS it's a carb that does not matter as it has no material effect.

no

I just know basic science that fiber doesn't spike insulin and isn't metabolized and thus doesn't enter into the equation when it comes to the digestive process WHICH MEANS it's a carb that does not matter as it has no material effect.

You're missing that processed food manufacturers,fudge fiber numbers,to make it appear,products have more carbs then they claim.

In whole real foods that is correct.
In processed foods that advertise "net carbs"
Manufacturers fudge numbers,making their net carbs a scam.

The fiber in food contributes to how many carbs are in food. You can subtract them if you care to measure. There has never been any accounts of manufacturers fudging the numbers that I've ever heard of. They'd have no reason to unless they were trying to sell food that adheres to the diet

Back