Im going to get stoned and reoragnize my vinyl

owning vinyl does not prohibit you from owning CDs

Of course not, grandma.

Who said it did?

Net time you fire up your Walkman cassette player or the 8-track in the dash of your car, why don't you start a thread about those antiquated technologies.

Im have not yet received the honor of grandparent.

My son and his high school sweetheart don't want to go there yet.

I thank you for the honorary title though.

tell me have you begun to embrace your bisexual reality yet and when you do will you tell the person you love about it?

Im have not yet received the honor of grandparent.

My son and his high school sweetheart don't want to go there yet.

I thank you for the honorary title though.

tell me have you begun to embrace your bisexual reality yet and when you do will you tell the person you love about it?

They're probably waiting until you die; because that way the child won't have all those bad dreams about you.

They're probably waiting until you die; because that way the child won't have all those bad dreams about you.

Could be, unless the trauma of having Desh for a mom made her son gay and/or impotent.

Or the baby could have been aborted because some genes should never be passed on...

I have no CD's. Piracy FTW.

Now don't tell anyone this, as I will just claim that my comments were nothing but empty boasting, but these days I am with you.

I've got an account on Spotify and I've discovered a way to download my playlists into my mp3 player so I don't pay for anything either...well almost anything.

I still buy the occasional Zappa album or some obscure blues disc, but all the mainstream stuff..not so much.

Just thought you guys would like to know Ill be doing something really fun.

I restained my hubby made vinyl shelfs and they LOOK awesome.

Im going to be playing and filing all my awesome LPs and 45s so we can easily find just the right tune for the time.

a great Saturday bit of fun.

enjoy your day

Never did ask.

Are you organizing according to the alphabet or by genre?

or maybe both?

Now don't tell anyone this, as I will just claim that my comments were nothing but empty boasting, but these days I am with you.

I've got an account on Spotify and I've discovered a way to download my playlists into my mp3 player so I don't pay for anything either...well almost anything.

I still buy the occasional Zappa album or some obscure blues disc, but all the mainstream stuff..not so much.

If I think about it deeply, I really dislike piracy and think that artists do deserve money from people enjoying their creations. In the other hand, I'm poor, and I'm also a hypocrite, so I don't care.

I actually listen to music mainly on YouTube, and artists do get paid for that. If I wanted an album, though, I would head over to thepiratebay without blinking. And I paste the works if the Teaching Company mercilessly, and every film that's not available on Netflix, I pirate. I mostly buy games on Steam because they're so cheap in Stream sales anyway and I want the games in my library.

Last edited:
well the other thing is that piracy doesn't always translate to lost sales. For example, I remember once hearing that 60% of all photoshop users were using the product after having pirated it.

I myself downloaded photoshop a few times in the past to dick around with it. In those days, photoshop was easily around 600 dollars. (i think it still might be) Adobe may look at me as if I just stole 600 dollars, but the fact is that if I couldn't have pirated it, there is no way in holy fuck I would have ever purchased the product. They didn't lose out on any money from me.

Of course, people could say that for any situation, but for a lot of people it's true.

Then there are the people that might download an album cause they only like 1 or 2 songs on it. They may just grab it off of piratebay just for that limited enjoyment, but the 15 dollar price tag (or whatever it is these days) would have ultimately made them just turn away and pass up on it.

There also is the fact that it's just so incredibly easy to jump on and download a bunch of music or whatever. There is a major convenience factor to that.

imagine if you wanted to fill up a 30gb ipod the legal way.

If the average song length is around 3 minutes, that's about ~6 MB (2 MB per minute is usually a good rule of thumb)

That's about 170 songs for 1 GB

x 30 = 5120 dollars.

How many people do you know with full music libraries do you think have actually spent 5000 dollars on their collection?

Back