Im going to get stoned and reoragnize my vinyl

I remember the 2000-2004 timeframe when there were no physical barriers in place to stop me from going onto sites like Kazaa and downloading whatever the fuck I wanted. Now you actually have to know your way around in order to pirate, and I just haven't really adjusted. That timeframe was actually after Napster got taken down, so it was weird, wondering how much longer it would all last.
The 1991-2004 timeframe will probably be remembered as the true era of online freedom.

Oh, wait, I pirate ebooks too. I only buy ebooks when it's impossible to get them illegally (true mainly for my more obscure Chinese history books), or I've taken a bit too much adderall. I have like a thousand ebooks in my kindle library, maybe 3 of them are legitimate.

I remember the 2000-2004 timeframe when there were no physical barriers in place to stop me from going onto sites like Kazaa and downloading whatever the fuck I wanted. Now you actually have to know your way around in order to pirate, and I just haven't really adjusted. That timeframe was actually after Napster got taken down, so it was weird, wondering how much longer it would all last.
The 1991-2004 timeframe will probably be remembered as the true era of online freedom.

google piratebay

it's that easy bro.

Yeah, I was just getting used to it last winter because my best friend was rooming at my house at them time. Then my laptop got stolen in March, and I haven't replaced it yet. All I really did was pirate a playlist of selected songs for my End of the World Party.

Piracy is as old as America. The Founders used to pirate illegal Madeira wine from Spain (Washington was big into this market), as well as just about any other import that the Brits didn't want them purchasing from rival powers. Part of the reason why the Revolution occurred was that American juries were nullifying indictments against colonials relating to acts of piracy (which they didn't view as wrong in the first place). This resulted in the British establishing admiralty courts for cases involving piracy, which was viewed as a violation of the colonists English constitutional rights, and pissed them off. Later on, just about every case pertaining to the Coercive/Intolerable Acts was to be tried in these admiralty courts, which basically sealed the deal on the First Continental Congress being formed. The rest is history.

Stealing is stealing
You fucktards are probably faux Christian too!

well it's not the same thing. one can argue it's still wrong, but it's not "stealing" in the traditional sense. If I walk into a store somewhere and try to steal a TV, (or hell - a CD), I am going to jail. If I get caught pirating music, it's not a criminal act. It's a civil matter.

well it's not the same thing. one can argue it's still wrong, but it's not "stealing" in the traditional sense. If I walk into a store somewhere and try to steal a TV, (or hell - a CD), I am going to jail. If I get caught pirating music, it's not a criminal act. It's a civil matter.

I'm pretty sure it is criminal, with draconian penalties. It isn't really enforced, I don't know why, that leaves the industry trade unions to police it themselves with civil reprisals.

I man, for my part, I cannot remember a case of a single person being given criminal charges for merely file sharing, it has been given out to people who run Warez rings and such. Technically it does apply to anyone who fileshares though, your providing another person with a copy of an illegal work, and the law makes no reservation for the profit you drive from the act or degree of your infringement. If you sell a million copies of a bootleg DVD your liable for the same penalties as someone who fileshares a single copy.

Piracy is as old as America. The Founders used to pirate illegal Madeira wine from Spain (Washington was big into this market), as well as just about any other import that the Brits didn't want them purchasing from rival powers.

You sure are stupid.

Maybe if you educated yourself instead of stealing smarter peoples property online you'd be less of a loser. But maybe not.

Here, dumbass: http://www.mountvernon.org/educational-resources/encyclopedia/madeira

Back