Im going to get stoned and reoragnize my vinyl

There is a negative impact on profit, that's undeniable, it's not 1:1 with the amount of pirated material, though. Without piracy, recording artists wouldn't have suddenly started earning several tonnes the GDP of the Earth in 2000, as would be suggested if you took each pirated work from the period at the price they were selling it as if they all would've been bought.

Anyway, a comfortable medium had been established based on the fact that IP owners can generally deliver the content more conveniently than you can get it through paying. I may not consider it difficult to pirate, but it's a lot more convenient to Netflix a movie or download a game on Steam than to torrent it. This is because file-sharing has to distribute responsibility as widely as possible to make enforcement impractical, while IP owners can rely on less complicated centralized structures for content distribution.

Last edited:
Acquiring the means to play a game (or media) without offering just compensation when any means of legally acquiring under normal circumstances requires payment is stealing. period. Rationalize it if you would like, but the end point is the same. If you can live with yourself and the criticisms of any who may wish to insert it than I can't stop you.

Stealing is stealing is stealing.

Potential money is certainly lost. Abstract money that is not physical, but real just the same. It is still covered under copyright, isn't it? Than taking a copy was wrong.

While the copyright laws of our country may need some reform, theft and law-breaking are not how you should be going about changing them. You have shown me that you feel their inability to stop you made you right.

There is a negative impact on profit, that's undeniable, it's not 1:1 with the amount of pirated material, though. Anyway, a comfortable medium had been established based on the fact that IP owners can generally deliver the content more conveniently than you can get it through paying. I may not consider it difficult to pirate, but it's a lot more convenient to Netflix a movie or download a game on Steam than to torrent it. This is because file-sharing has to distribute responsibility as widely as possible to make enforcement impractical, while IP owners can rely on less complicated centralized structures for content distribution.

With a good connection, one can achieve over 1.5 MB/Sec download speed. That's less than half hour for a movie.
Copyright protection remains a thriving business, as developers of things like video games are always struggling to find new ways to thwart crackers. If a game remains uncracked (thus unstolen) for almost a month the designers were doing a fantastic job, as many major games get cracked in as little as a week.

1 week in which to make up the largest bulk of your sales before the crackers start sapping profits.

As a note in regard's to 'I would not have bought it'. If you weren't going to buy it than it wasn't worth getting. 5 finger discounts were hardly as literal as typing a name into the Pirate Bay.

Acquiring the means to play a game (or media) without offering just compensation when any means of legally acquiring under normal circumstances requires payment is stealing. period. Rationalize it if you would like, but the end point is the same. If you can live with yourself and the criticisms of any who may wish to insert it than I can't stop you.

Stealing is stealing is stealing.

Potential money is certainly lost. Abstract money that is not physical, but real just the same. It is still covered under copyright, isn't it? Than taking a copy was wrong.

While the copyright laws of our country may need some reform, theft and law-breaking are not how you should be going about changing them. You have shown me that you feel their inability to stop you made you right.

You've shown me you're a bunch of self righteous out of touch jackasses.

With a good connection, one can achieve over 1.5 MB/Sec download speed. That's less than half hour for a movie.
Copyright protection remains a thriving business, as developers of things like video games are always struggling to find new ways to thwart crackers. If a game remains uncracked (thus unstolen) for almost a month the designers were doing a fantastic job, as many major games get cracked in as little as a week.

1 week in which to make up the largest bulk of your sales before the crackers start sapping profits.

As a note in regard's to 'I would not have bought it'. If you weren't going to buy it than it wasn't worth getting. 5 finger discounts were hardly as literal as typing a name into the Pirate Bay.

You're a dumbass if you think that the bulk of games sales is solely due to draconian DRM. DRM is usually broken a couple of hours after it's released, usually it's leaked even before release, it's utterly worthless and just depress legitimate sales.

You're a dumbass if you think that the bulk of games sales is solely due to draconian DRM. DRM is usually broken a couple of hours after it's released, usually it's leaked even before release, it's utterly worthless and just depress legitimate sales.
By good criminals
Kinda like safe cracking

bigpot6.jpg

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57...sharer-gets-hit-with-5-year-prison-sentence/#!

Convicted file-sharer Jeramiah Perkins has been handed the longest prison sentence even given in a U.S. file-sharing lawsuit: five years.

The 40-year-old man from Portsmouth, Va., was given the sentence today by U.S. District Judge Arenda Wright Allen, according to Wired. During his lawsuit, Perkins pled guilty to conspiracy to commit copyright infringement by file-sharing movies, music, games, and more on the Internet.

Perkins -- a.k.a. Butch Perkins, Stash, and theestas -- is said to have been the head of a group that went to theaters, camcorded the movies, recorded the audio, synched the files, and then distributed the product on the Internet. The group, known as IMAGiNE, became one of the most prolific piracy release groups in the world between 2009 and 2011, according to Wired.

Ironically, it comes from CNET.

On a personal level, not being able to adequately enforce the laws against online theft is an issue. If we can't properly enforce it, we need to reform it into a way we can. But snagging 100 Joe Schmo-s isn't going to do anything much. . .

Like I said, I mostly steam off of YouTube, which compensates artists using ad money. As well, they're is not a 1:1 correlation between piracy and sales lost. If I didn't pirate. I wouldn't have bought 10000 dollars in TTC lectures either. It's insane to say that every piracy was a loss in sales for them, it obviously wasn't. People pirate far more than they could plausibly buy.

What do you use, to capture the music from the video?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57...sharer-gets-hit-with-5-year-prison-sentence/#!

Ironically, it comes from CNET.

On a personal level, not being able to adequately enforce the laws against online theft is an issue. If we can't properly enforce it, we need to reform it into a way we can. But snagging 100 Joe Schmo-s isn't going to do anything much. . .

That's not file-sharing, she was actively lead a distribution ring. For one thing, going into theaters to film movies carries charges all on its own separate from simple copyright infringement. You would have to increase size of prison system many times to put all file sharers in prison.

Back