Im going to get stoned and reoragnize my vinyl

Well, the Teaching Company chooses to sell their lectures for hundreds a pop, without piracy I'd never be able to afford it as an impoverished college student, and I wouldn't know half as much about history, philosophy, and such. Am I evil because I wanted to learn? As if now, I've listened nearly half their library, that would've cost tens of thousands legitimately. As for movies, I actually own LotR, but I posted it just because I'm too lazy to find the DVD.

well it's not the same thing. one can argue it's still wrong, but it's not "stealing" in the traditional sense. If I walk into a store somewhere and try to steal a TV, (or hell - a CD), I am going to jail. If I get caught pirating music, it's not a criminal act. It's a civil matter.

I'd LOL so hard at Grind behind bars.

heres a tip,

go to junk stores

salvation army

good will and the like.

They always have vinyl.

I always check the junk stores in my town for many things and vinyl is on the list of things I check.

Its like a treasure hunt.

I find awesome one of a kind pieces of furniture and have even bought a guitar.

Its just a no name beater for the back porch but it sounds decent enough to get some fun out of.

I always take a look at the vinyl shelf .

Sometimes you look and you can spot that they have just put out someone collection who had some decent taste.

I have found beautiful albums that have been stored perfectly and are completely scratch free.

I man, for my part, I cannot remember a case of a single person being given criminal charges for merely file sharing, it has been given out to people who run Warez rings and such. Technically it does apply to anyone who fileshares though, your providing another person with a copy of an illegal work, and the law makes no reservation for the profit you drive from the act or degree of your infringement. If you sell a million copies of a bootleg DVD your liable for the same penalties as someone who fileshares a single copy.

yeah but that's for the distributors of the content. I don't think people that receive it are criminally liable. If I buy a bootleg cd, I am not doing a criminal act. The seller is. Not me.

now of course with torrenting you technically become a distributor as well in a manner of speaking, but I digress

heres a tip,

go to junk stores

salvation army

good will and the like.

They always have vinyl.

I always check the junk stores in my town for many things and vinyl is on the list of things I check.

Its like a treasure hunt.

I find awesome one of a kind pieces of furniture and have even bought a guitar.

Its just a no name beater for the back porch but it sounds decent enough to get some fun out of.

I always take a look at the vinyl shelf .

Sometimes you look and you can spot that they have just put out someone collection who had some decent taste.

I have found beautiful albums that have been stored perfectly and are completely scratch free.

The local half price book stores are great places to find some vintage vinyl too.

I love how Topspin gets all high and mighty about intellectual property while he's using a pirated image for his avatar, pirated lines for his signature, and I'm sure has downloaded more and this share of pirated content. Oh, and his buying of weed from an illegal seller who likely commits a bunch of other crimes as well.

Back