I'm proud of my wife!

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Today at work my wife, who is an asst. manager at a local hotel was inspecting checked out rooms in order to organize her housekeeping staff when she foun an envelope with $3,500 cash in it. She did the right thing and called the former occupants of the room who were on there way back home to Indiana. They returned and got there money and thanked her but the jerks didn't even give Her a reward.

I'm very proud of her for doing the right thing.

I was once inspecting rooms (some years ago) and found a MAC-10. We didn't call the previous occupants, but I understand they guy didn't make it out of town. Seems the police took issue with his luggage.

Today at work my wife, who is an asst. manager at a local hotel was inspecting checked out rooms in order to organize her housekeeping staff when she foun an envelope with $3,500 cash in it. She did the right thing and called the former occupants of the room who were on there way back home to Indiana. They returned and got there money and thanked her but the jerks didn't even give Her a reward.

The fact she can sleep well tonite is a reward!!! but yeah, a little cash would have been nice....

I was once inspecting rooms (some years ago) and found a MAC-10. We didn't call the previous occupants, but I understand they guy didn't make it out of town. Seems the police took issue with his luggage.

Back when I did the same thing after the guests checked out. Found a gun and a plastic bag with crack in it. First time I ever saw crack. lol...and the last!

what is it about cash that makes one think they deserve getting a reward for not being an asshole?

"oh thank you for not stealing my cash, I'll pay you so next time you wont be motivated to just keep it like a theif"

if I left my laptop behind and she called me up do I now owe her some % of the value it is worth?

and what is the standard tip for having 3500 returned?

Hey Mott....Don't listen to the naysayers. In these economic times, your wife did right...you should be proud...and so should she. As far as the reward? Sometimes virtue is it's own reward.

what is it about cash that makes one think they deserve getting a reward for not being an asshole?

"oh thank you for not stealing my cash, I'll pay you so next time you wont be motivated to just keep it like a theif"

if I left my laptop behind and she called me up do I now owe her some % of the value it is worth?

Why do you have to be such a curmudgeon, have a day off.

she sleeps at night like the decent human being she is.

I would rather have good peaceful sleep at night and waking up feeling good about yourself as a human being than any wad of cash.

what does it gain a human to gain the world and lose their soul

she sleeps at night like the decent human being she is.

I would rather have good peaceful sleep at night and waking up feeling good about myself as a human being than any wad of cash.

what does it gain a human to gain the world and lose their soul

What a cheap jerk!

10%

Perhaps you should see it as a reward of gratitude for returning the money that those idiots abandoned when they left the room? I'm not one for carrying large amounts of cash often. But when I do I certainly know where it is and wouldn't abandon it when I checked out of a hotel room.

Back