I'm proud of my wife!

you have no idea what that money was for.

the person may not have money to give her

The way I see it evince, is that cash was not that valuable to them if they left it. I would be like Winterborn, I would know where the cash was at all time and certainly not leave it behind.

you never know what is happening in a strangers life.

Nope, I just know my nature, and I would be grateful to the honest person who returned my money, enough to give them a small reward, better to be out $350 or even $100 than $3500.

If I had discovered the money, I would not expect a reward for doing what was right, but as a grateful person, I personally would give a reward.

I think most of the points have been made; yes, most of us would say give at least some small part of the money back if at all possible; however, if your drug dealer will kill you if you don't show up with the entire amount, that would be a good reason to not give any back. And we all agree that you shouldn't leave $3,500 in cash in a hotel room but hey, we're all human. "I thought YOU had it!" "But I thought YOU packed it!".

And the most important thing we all know is that Mott's wife knows she did the right thing calling them and giving it back. Now that's someone we're proud to call a citizen of the US!

Today at work my wife, who is an asst. manager at a local hotel was inspecting checked out rooms in order to organize her housekeeping staff when she foun an envelope with $3,500 cash in it. She did the right thing and called the former occupants of the room who were on there way back home to Indiana. They returned and got there money and thanked her but the jerks didn't even give Her a reward.

I'm very proud of her for doing the right thing.

Doing the right thing is reward enough. Don't be a scumbag.

she sleeps at night like the decent human being she is.

I would rather have good peaceful sleep at night and waking up feeling good about myself as a human being than any wad of cash.

what does it gain a human to gain the world and lose their soul
Agreed. A reward in such a case isn't compulsory. It's a courtesy. However, the true reward for doing the right thing is having done it.

i took her out to dinner even though it was outside our budget for the week. She deserved a reward.

For doing the right thing? It is like the Chris Rock skit on blacks sayin "i's takes care a ma kids". That is what you are supposed to do.

It is a mess that people now want to be rewarded for shit they are supposed to do.

Mott acts like her honesty is in question which can only be the reason for this. I wouldn't have even posted this.

Mutt: "Hey look at me, my wife is honest"

Back