Immutable Facts

So why don't you give him a warning and then ban the fucker if he does it again??

because that goes against the spirit of the open approach we have with this board. It's been this way for almost 7 years, we don't ban people for saying things that are merely disagreeable.

So now the guy who started the whole "Takers" flamebait nonsense and who trolls the gun debate with his nonsensical claim that the right to bear arms is more important than a child's life, presumes to tell others to "be mature and move on"?

One set of rules for me and another for thee?

who said anything about rules you incredible mouth breather?

if biology determines when the process of life begins, then it shouldn't be difficult to post a link for the source of your opinion.

It's not an opinion, it's a biological fact. I don't need to back up a biological fact. Two hydrogen molecules bond with an oxygen molecule and produce water, that's an immutable fact, it's not my opinion, and I don't need to support it with a web link for it to be true.

if biology determines when the process of life begins, then it shouldn't be difficult to post a link for the source of your opinion.

kinda funny how dixie for once is the champion of science.

This is basic biology 101 STY. Cellular organisms are life. A Zygote is life.

who said anything about rules you incredible mouth breather?

Oh my heavens...pardon ME!!

I had no idea I was about to engage in another game of word parsing, verbal gymnastics...I had previously thought only Yurt needed to play such idiotic games.

I shall try again...

So, it was a request for me to refrain from a specific activity...despite the fact you still engage in the aforementioned activity yourself.

Oh my heavens...pardon ME!!

I had no idea I was about to engage in another game of word parsing, verbal gymnastics...I had previously thought only Yurt needed to play such idiotic games.

I shall try again...

So, it was a request for me to refrain from a specific activity...despite the fact you still engage in the aforementioned activity yourself.

First, we are not engaging in "verbal gymnastics," you said I was talking about rules on JPP (which carries plenty of it's own connotations) when all I did was try to keep the thread on topic from your trolling. Your comment wasn't deleted, you weren't banned form the thread or the forum, no rule was put in place to combat what you were saying, so to say we had any conversation at all alluding to rules is patently inaccurate.

Secondly, i speak my opinions on political issues, which is the intended purpose and function of this site. Speaking on topic about gun issues in gun threads in gun subforums is not trolling, in spite of the fact that you and others find my opinions objectionable. Disagreement, debate, and having particular views that others don't is par for the course here.

You on the other hand come into a thread completely uselessly trying to have an irrelevant meta conversation calling people "spanky mcbutthurt" and pointing out something that is already incredibly obvious. Yes, we can all see he groaned rana. What purpose are you serving pointing that out, if not to further perpetuate flamebait?

So, as a mod, I spoke up and said "hey, please don't wreck this thread with your flamebait crybaby fest."

Which I personally find to be a very reasonable request.

kinda funny how dixie for once is the champion of science.

This is basic biology 101 STY. Cellular organisms are life. A Zygote is life.

I don't know about "champion" but I think I've always been on the side of science.

Perhaps the point of the OP question is more profound and philosophical, and this is STY's point as well? I'm not sure.

Immutable doesn't mean "irrefutable." STY can refute the fact all day long, it still doesn't make it less immutable. I can post links all day long, it doesn't make the fact more immutable. Now, if we break anything down to the simplest philosophical level, there could be an argument that immutable facts do not exist. Everything is questionable and subject to opinion, including whether we actually exist or not. But barring some crazy notion such as this, we can reasonably agree there are certain immutable facts, which are not subject to our opinions.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

and the below explain further:

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Co-author of the Second Amendment
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves …"
Richard Henry Lee
writing in Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic, Letter XVIII, May, 1788.

"The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full posession of them."
Zachariah Johnson
Elliot's Debates, vol. 3 "The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution."

"… the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms"
Philadelphia Federal Gazette
June 18, 1789, Pg. 2, Col. 2
Article on the Bill of Rights

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams
quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"
The Founding Fathers on Arms

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside … Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."
Thomas Paine

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
Richard Henry Lee
American Statesman, 1788

"The great object is that every man be armed." and "Everyone who is able may have a gun."
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson
Third President of the United States

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that … it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; … "
Thomas Jefferson
letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. ME 16:45.

"The best we can help for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Alexander Hamilton
The Federalist Papers at 184-8
The Founding Fathers on Maintaining Freedom

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
Third President of the United States

"There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. "
Noah Webster
American Lexicographer

"The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion."
Edmund Burke
British Statesman, 1784

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
Thomas Jefferson
to James Madison

Have you got any quotes that are less than 200 years old?

First, we are not engaging in "verbal gymnastics," you said I was talking about rules on JPP (which carries plenty of it's own connotations) when all I did was try to keep the thread on topic from your trolling. Your comment wasn't deleted, you weren't banned form the thread or the forum, no rule was put in place to combat what you were saying, so to say we had any conversation at all alluding to rules is patently inaccurate.

So to sum up, trolling is bad...unless it's you doing the trolling.

Understood.

Secondly, i speak my opinions on political issues, which is the intended purpose and function of this site. Speaking on topic about gun issues in gun threads in gun subforums is not trolling, in spite of the fact that you and others find my opinions objectionable. Disagreement, debate, and having particular views that others don't is par for the course here.

Oh no...you piously claiming gun rights are more important that children's lives could in no way be considered trolling just HOURS after the shootings...it was just you advancing the discussion.

You on the other hand come into a thread completely uselessly trying to have an irrelevant meta conversation calling people "spanky mcbutthurt" and pointing out something that is already incredibly obvious. Yes, we can all see he groaned rana. What purpose are you serving pointing that out, if not to further perpetuate flamebait?

Again, you've just got to clarify things for me sometimes...so you get to whine about it when I call someone "Spanky McButthurt"...but you're allowed to call someone a crybaby and a mouth breather and anything else you'd like...no sweat.

So, as a mod, I spoke up and said "hey, please don't wreck this thread with your flamebait crybaby fest."

Which I personally find to be a very reasonable request.

Rana is HOT! ;)

Topspin can never spell correctly. Ever.

I was being ironic Tom. There's no more immutable fact than change. :)

Beer is delicious. So are lady parts.

Beer is bitter. Some lady parts sre too ;)

These days he just counts the seeds in his dope stash!!

Spanky McButthurt is mad at Rana cuz him's can't post in her thread...so he goes all groan-y on her.

And here, for Grind's personal edification is a selection of posts from page one of this thread...we can see from these posts that Grind was right...my Spanky McButthurt comment was way out of line...ROTFLMAO!!

Oh no...you piously claiming gun rights are more important that children's lives could in no way be considered trolling just HOURS after the shootings...it was just you advancing the discussion.

Yes.. it was just advancing discussion. Again, just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they are trolling. Maybe you need to get your terms right. You'll notice I have retained the exact same positions since then. My initial responses were to the inevitable gun grabbing I could see on the horizon. I was not the first person to get political.

Again, you've just got to clarify things for me sometimes...so you get to whine about it when I call someone "Spanky McButthurt"...but you're allowed to call someone a crybaby and a mouth breather and anything else you'd like...no sweat.

I am addressing things that you specifically have brought up so we can clarify this issue, seeing as you apparently have a hard time differentiating between something so basic as polite requests and official JPP rules. I very succinctly pointed out the differences to you between what I have been doing and what you were doing. Hopefully you can now go forth a bit more enlightened, we'll see.

And here, for Grind's personal edification is a selection of posts from page one of this thread...we can see from these posts that Grind was right...my Spanky McButthurt comment was way out of line...ROTFLMAO!!

your post is inflammatory and provokes an unnecessary argument and flamewar. None of the other comments did that accept maybe 3d's.

thought you were talking about zappas. Re: ILA, that's been asked and answered elsewhere.

Must have missed that, it seems clear to me that he is violating the rules yet gets away with it somehow. It is not as if he is such a colossus that he would cause a ginormous intellectual black hole if his arse was shown the door!!

Must have missed that, it seems clear to me that he is violating the rules yet gets away with it somehow. It is not as if he is such a colossus that he would cause a ginormous intellectual black hole if his arse was shown the door!!

tapatalk does not inform you if you are banned. you literally have no way of even knowing. There is no message saying you are banned, you don't see the list of names, etc.

If one posts in a thread they are banned in, they will have their posts deleted and it's helpful to tell them they have been banned from the thread. You'll notice ILA didn't come back into the thread after he was informed.

If people keep posting in a thread after being informed they are banned, then we will deal with that issue when it comes up.

Back