Internet Suicide

bottom line, it was the girls mental instability, I just can't accept a 'sane' person commits suicide over a 'love' they've never meet. I personally have no sympathy when a bully gets bullied, kind of justice imo.
Hence the even more egregious nature of the action. Knowing the child to be unstable you take it upon yourself to tell another how much the world will benefit from their absence? This is a neighbor not a stranger here.

And one more time. She did not bully the neighbors daughter. It didn't happen and I have no idea where you got that from. It is not in any of the stories.

BTW - I have not advocated harassing them back. I have simply mentioned that I measure her slightly below horse pooky on the list of things that might be found on the bottom of my shoe.

Hence the even more egregious nature of the action. Knowing the child to be unstable you take it upon yourself to tell another how much the world will benefit from their absence? This is a neighbor not a stranger here.

And one more time. She did not bully the neighbors daughter. It didn't happen and I have no idea where you got that from. It is not in any of the stories.

How did she know the child to be mentally unstable? She thought she was a mean bully who hurt her daughter.

How did she know the child to be mentally unstable? She thought she was a mean bully who hurt her daughter.
She lived next door to her in what has been described as a "close community". And again, you say that she thought this, but I have seen it in no story.

She perpetrated a hoax on a 13 year old girl going to a point where she actually promoted the idea of her suicide. I do not find that very "human" even if you want to.

She lived next door to her in what has been described as a "close community". And again, you say that she thought this, but I have seen it in no story.

She perpetrated a hoax on a 13 year old girl going to a point where she actually promoted the idea of her suicide. I do not find that very "human" even if you want to.

You have an extremely inflated idea of what a human is...

You have an extremely inflated idea of what a human is...
And you have lowered your expectations so much that you do not realize when inhumanity stares you in the face. Giving in to an animal nature does not make one more human, while it may be common, it is not "human" to do so, it is quite the opposite.

And you have lowered your expectations so much that you do not realize when inhumanity stares you in the face. Giving in to an animal nature does not make one more human, while it may be common, it is not "human" to do so, it is quite the opposite.

I agree with you. I'll even say that I think the 'animal nature' is much less common than our better natures. Sure we remember the wrongs, but the everyday good things most often go unappreciated. Perhaps the most rare is our 'best nature' deeds. While rare, they do get noticed, such as the firefighters on 9/11. We still stand in awe.

I didn't say it was nice, however under any reasonable standards her suicide couldn't have been foreseen and I just don't see any criminal charges filed here.

You're an idiot and every other simple-minded fool on the board will agree with you but not I. I have intelligence, and that's what differentiates me from your emotional condescending ass.

I didn't say it was nice, however under any reasonable standards her suicide couldn't have been foreseen and I just don't see any criminal charges filed here.

There are several levels of criminal culpability.

Intent, Recklessness, Negligence, and strict liability.

Absolute morons like Damo will say anything that you do that results in anything would be intent. That's not how the more intelligent men who wrote down common law see it.

It is very reasonable to suggest that a troubled teen with depression issues could be pushed to that limit.

There are several levels of criminal culpability.

Intent, Recklessness, Negligence, and strict liability.

Absolute morons like Damo will say anything that you do that results in anything would be intent. That's not how the more intelligent men who wrote down common law see it.
What was the intent of a person who harassed her, a child who was known to have depression issues, on the internet and suggested that she take herself from the world to make it better?

I agree with you. I'll even say that I think the 'animal nature' is much less common than our better natures. Sure we remember the wrongs, but the everyday good things most often go unappreciated. Perhaps the most rare is our 'best nature' deeds. While rare, they do get noticed, such as the firefighters on 9/11. We still stand in awe.

They're both our nature, Kathy. The same nature that makes people gather in groups to save others makes them gather in groups to lynch blacks and kill Jews.
Not that any of this has to do with vengeance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

I'm just wondering, what level of scum are the 65% of inidivuals who administered the 450-volt shock on what they believed was a person? What level of inhuman scum was this? What should we do, Damo? Should we kill them and hang them by their nuts? They certainly don't deserve to breathe human air again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

The guards in this experiment became sadistic whenever given power and started abusing their prisoner subjects. Surely they were an exception, and it was just a lucky draw of evil individuals, Damo? Scum beneath my boots. There's no way any of us would've become like that. Certainly not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_genovese

Dozens of witnesses watched this women being murdered and did nothing about it. Surely t hey should see prison forever. Not worth scum beneath my boots. We all know we would've acted differently.

They're both our nature, Kathy. The same nature that makes people gather in groups to save others makes them gather in groups to lynch blacks and kill Jews.
Not that any of this has to do with vengeance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

I'm just wondering, what level of scum are the 65% of inidivuals who administered the 450-volt shock on what they believed was a person? What level of inhuman scum was this? What should we do, Damo? Should we kill them and hang them by their nuts? They certainly don't deserve to breathe human air again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

The guards in this experiment became sadistic whenever given power and started abusing their prisoner subjects. Surely they were an exception, and it was just a lucky draw of evil individuals, Damo? Scum beneath my boots. There's no way any of us would've become like that. Certainly not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_genovese

Dozens of witnesses watched this women being murdered and did nothing about it. Surely t hey should see prison forever. Not worth scum beneath my boots. We all know we would've acted differently.
There is the anomie phenomena that applies to both Genovese and Stanford experiment. Regarding the later, got to keep in mind they were students, undergrads I think, I've not hit your link.

It's much easier to let your mind go to 'someone else will call' or 'need approval, with assumed 'controls.'

Don't buy that most adults would work this way, nor that it's human nature.

Tell me, how do you account for a toddler always wishing to share their food? There attempts to make someone crying laugh or be given comfort?

The bad nature that exists in humans isn't only present in a few individuals, it's there in all of us all the time and can always come out.

Back