Interview today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Water could have taken a job-for-life with housing, food, clothing and medical care, plus a guaranteed retirement pension thrown in, like an Air Farce taker.

I guess Water could have taken a job-for-life with housing, food, clothing and medical care, plus a guaranteed retirement pension thrown in, like an Air Farce taker.
Why do you hate those who serve in our armed forces? Is it because you could never get accepted because of serious mental issues?

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

I have to wonder how WM will be able to afford living near DC on an entry-level salary.

I'm probably going to still live with my brother for a while while I work everything out. Commute is long, but not undoable. Entry level salary is also 57k. I wouldn't really have any huge problems even if I want to move into the beltway. I had stopped even asking for figures that high, but that was their base.

Give him a few weeks trying to live in the DC area on 'entry-level" pay and he'll be back in Mississippi. :D

The work experience is more valuable than the pay, really. I would've taken it even if they were offering 40k or less, just to get the experience, and just suffered for a few years before I could make a jump to a job with higher pay using my work experience.

I was seriously considering it at one point. If you add in all the benefits, my brother makes as much as I will. But it's kind of difficult to get in as an officer if you didn't go ROTC or military academy in college, and enlisted pay was so low it couldn't really be seriously be considered for a career. So I concentrated my time I sending out my applications.

I was seriously considering it at one point. If you add in all the benefits, my brother makes as much as I will. But it's kind of difficult to get in as an officer if you didn't go ROTC or military academy in college, and enlisted pay was so low it couldn't really be seriously be considered for a career. So I concentrated my time I sending out my applications.

Very wise. I'm glad you aren't a non-productive, ambition-less taker like 3D who was scared to leave home and traded mama's house for Uncle Sam's tit.

I'm probably going to still live with my brother for a while while I work everything out. Commute is long, but not undoable. Entry level salary is also 57k. I wouldn't really have any huge problems even if I want to move into the beltway. I had stopped even asking for figures that high, but that was their base.

$57K is like poverty-level in DC.

Have you got a car, or are you relying on Metro?

Neither is a cheap or especially swift means of commuting.

Most people in your predicament find roomies in a shared house inside the Beltway.

Are you near the Metro? I went over one time to visit a company owned by BT and based near Rockville. I loved the Metro, clean and very efficient.

The work experience is more valuable than the pay, really. I would've taken it even if they were offering 40k or less, just to get the experience, and just suffered for a few years before I could make a jump to a job with higher pay using my work experience.

My son had a Skype interview with Amazon in the US, but they keep fucking him about so he's decided to take another job instead. It is probably better experience wise as they are a consultancy and work on shedloads of different projects.

My son had a Skype interview with Amazon in the US, but they keep fucking him about so he's decided to take another job instead. It is probably better experience wise as they are a consultancy and work on shedloads of different projects.

Good, American jobs should go to Americans, you fucking foreigner. Your son should be barred from entering the US.

Are you near the Metro? I went over one time to visit a company owned by BT and based near Rockville. I loved the Metro, clean and very efficient.

I live near a MARC station which I can take and then switch over to the Metro at a later station. The process takes a little over an hour. That's how I got to the interview yesterday. Eventually I'm going to buy a car once I'm in more stable condition, might use that to commute directly to the nearest metro station and maybe save some time.

I live near a MARC station which I can take and then switch over to the Metro at a later station. The process takes a little over an hour. That's how I got to the interview yesterday. Eventually I'm going to buy a car once I'm in more stable condition, might use that to commute directly to the nearest metro station and maybe save some time.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back