Interview today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggled to hide my excitement when he mentioned the entry level salary. I would be more than willing to work for much less than what they were offering.

Anyway, this is like my third in person interview in my life. And it involved more small talk than I think I've had in any other interview. Also one of the longest interviews I've ever had (40 minutes). I take these all as good signs. Zeus only knows what tomorrow will bring, though.
It wasn't a panel interview?

I'm probably going to still live with my brother for a while while I work everything out. Commute is long, but not undoable. Entry level salary is also 57k. I wouldn't really have any huge problems even if I want to move into the beltway. I had stopped even asking for figures that high, but that was their base.
try to find a place within a couple of miles from where you work if at all possible. Commuting in DC is a bitch.

I live near a MARC station which I can take and then switch over to the Metro at a later station. The process takes a little over an hour. That's how I got to the interview yesterday. Eventually I'm going to buy a car once I'm in more stable condition, might use that to commute directly to the nearest metro station and maybe save some time.
Probably not. Get a place as close to work as you can afford and near a metro stop even if you have to pay a premium and fuck buying a car. In DC it would be a waste of good money to just sit in traffic a couple of hours a day. Buy a decent fixed gear bike for local commuting and call Ubber for dates.

The train isn't that bad because you're basically just sitting and waiting. It's long, sure. But sitting in stop and go traffic is torturous.

I really don't understand why the MARC doesn't save me more time that it does. It's a high speed train capable of 120 MPH. But it's hardly faster to use the MARC than to drive according to Google.
Stops kill you. Move as close to work as you practically can. Preferably walking or biking distance. You can get a late model Toyota Corola or Ford Fiesta on the cheap or better yet...no car at all. That will save you about $500 or more a month you can apply to housing.

Better learn. Dbase work is hard and stressful as hell. Dealing with others expectations is difficult and not a lot of fun. The key is understanding it's not a 40 hour a week job and to try to complete all request in the time frame requested and not let it stress you out. Easier said than done.

Probably not. Get a place as close to work as you can afford and near a metro stop even if you have to pay a premium and fuck buying a car. In DC it would be a waste of good money to just sit in traffic a couple of hours a day. Buy a decent fixed gear bike for local commuting and call Ubber for dates.

What makes you think that an Ubber driver would even date him?? :D

Still, try to find something as close as you can.

Maybe they'll let him spend the night, in his cubicle. :dunno:

650x366

I'm sure there will be times when he feels like that. Dbase work is known for high workloads and unreasonable expectations.

If the company has a parking garage, it would even be easier for him.
He could buy a cargo style van and just park it in the garage.
This way he could live in the van.

All he would have to do is put one of those rods between the front seats and the back of the van and hang something on it, like a curtain.

Just move the van everyday and no one will probably ever suspect. :good4u:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back