IPCC Part II

And Dung? I'm not saying we shouldn't transition away from carbon. I'm challenging the ridiculous notion that we can "stop global warming!" by doing so.

You missed that part of the discussion, since you jumped in a few days late.

Actually, no, you're challenging the assertion that anything we do can have an impact on global warming whatsoever -- one might say "stem it to the smallest degree."

Actually, no, you're challenging the assertion that anything we do can have an impact on global warming whatsoever -- one might say "stem it to the smallest degree."

Well, I'd go along with that, as well.

Do you really understand how global warming works? How much of a difference do you think America can make if it takes us decades to get off of carbon, and then even if we do that, the emissions of other countries offsets that in 4 years, and emissions continue to grow?

Seriously? Post a witty video or something, because there is no rational answer to that.

Well, I'd go along with that, as well.

Do you really understand how global warming works? How much of a difference do you think America can make if it takes us decades to get off of carbon, and then even if we do that, the emissions of other countries offsets that in 4 years, and emissions continue to grow?

Seriously? Post a witty video or something, because there is no rational answer to that.

This probably explains the persistence of various greenhouse gasses, although I do find it amusing that they calculate the lifetime for N2O as exactly 114 years.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/jan/16/greenhouse-gases-remain-air

Last edited:
So that's it? No one has anything aside from "we should just make huge sacrifices and lose jobs because it's a good thing to do. I can't define how good, or even if it will really change anything, but we should just do it anyway"?

That's the best the IA crowd has?

All these otherwise great threads, ruined by Oncelor going insane....a mind really is a terrible thing to waste.

All these otherwise great threads, ruined by Oncelor going insane....a mind really is a terrible thing to waste.

Well, I'm sure you'd prefer the usual echo chamber where you go completely unchallenged.

Because when you're challenged? Well, brother - you don't have a heck of a lot of info to back yourself up, despite those years of study.

Well, I'm sure you'd prefer the usual echo chamber where you go completely unchallenged.

Because when you're challenged? Well, brother - you don't have a heck of a lot of info to back yourself up, despite those years of study.

Never has the saying "empty vessels make the most noise" been truer.

Last edited:
Back