Is a Public Philosophy Still Possible?

It's been a while since I read about the golden ratio and if or where it is expressed in natural phenomena

You kow it is a SOLID dick move to ban someone from your threads and THEN sit on there and insult them and talk about them when they can't defend themselves.

Your "ethics" and "morality" suck balls, my friend.

Well, now you're just stringing words together.

Care to explain what you mean by math "evolving"? And how does that get at the essence of what mathematical statements actually mean?
Relativity showed that gravity will cause the universe to collapse on itself. Hubble's red shift caused Einstein to redo his math to include expansion. Spacetime will fall sometime this century as math moves closer to nature.

I keep my posts short by stringing words together. It's on you to do your own research on words rather than expecting me to explain them to you.

[/QUOTE]
Relativity showed that gravity will cause the universe to collapse on itself. Hubble's red shift caused Einstein to redo his math to include expansion. Spacetime will fall sometime this century as math moves closer to nature.

I keep my posts short by stringing words together. It's on you to do your own research on words rather than expecting me to explain them to you.

To be quite honest I don't think your points are quite as insightful as you imagine. It is very easy to string impressive sounding science and mathematical concepts together, the new Agers do it every day with Quantum mechanics. The key is: what does it actually MEAN?

When I asked what you meant by math "evolving" you start in on Relativity and Hubble's red shift. This doesn't explain your original point. All it does is give you a chance to do what @Cypress does all the time: just string erudite sounding words together that you can't really explain.

Yes, I'm SUPER impressed that you know that Relativity exists. I sincerely doubt you have much in the way of actual understanding of the math just given your usual posts. But even if I set aside my dubiousness about your actual understanding of any of this, I'd be really happy if you could just explain your original point without trying to gild the lily and make yourself sound super-duper smart. Be smarter than Cypress and try explaining your position.

It's been a while since I read about the golden ratio and if or where it is expressed in natural phenomena
Before the computer, we had to draw out Pi and Phi manually to developed patterns. I was at the right place and time when software made our life easier.

What does it mean to say mathematics is part of nature? It seems pretty obvious that it is, but what does it mean? What things AREN'T part of nature?
To me the smartphone doesn't belong in nature, yet it's here and there's no going back. When I was a kid--maybe 11yo--my friends talked about a reset. I had no idea what they were talking about. It took me another 10 years to realize it's in their bible. Do you know what point I'm making?

To me the smartphone doesn't belong in nature, yet it's here and there's no going back.

There's the concept of "nature" vs "man made", definitely, but when it comes to the existence of something I am afraid I must also claim the cellphone is part of nature in that it is part of the physical world.

I am uncertain how this applies to mathematics being part of nature. As opposed to being "invented" by humans?

When I was a kid--maybe 11yo--my friends talked about a reset. I had no idea what they were talking about. It took me another 10 years to realize it's in their bible. Do you know what point I'm making?

Great Reset told about in the Bible? Sounds like "end times" talkin'. If that's the case, then yeah, I know what you're talking about but the point is getting more and more obscure on how it all relates to the nature of mathematics.

There's the concept of "nature" vs "man made", definitely, but when it comes to the existence of something I am afraid I must also claim the cellphone is part of nature in that it is part of the physical world.

I am uncertain how this applies to mathematics being part of nature. As opposed to being "invented" by humans?

Great Reset told about in the Bible? Sounds like "end times" talkin'. If that's the case, then yeah, I know what you're talking about but the point is getting more and more obscure on how it all relates to the nature of mathematics.
The bible tells us that Pi = 3. That was close enough at the time but eventually it had to be improved on. In the next reset, math will not go back to Pi = 3, someone will remember the advances we made over the millennia. Humans are forever entwined with math.

The bible tells us that Pi = 3. That was close enough at the time but eventually it had to be improved on. In the next reset, math will not go back to Pi = 3, someone will remember the advances we made over the millennia. Humans are forever entwined with math.
And yet we forgot how to build pyramids like the Egyptians did and as well how to make concrete as good as the Romans.

Back