Is God evil?

Is God evil?

• Total voters
If a loving God sends people to hell forever for "sins" committed in a blip of time, I'm sorry, that is evil.

If a loving God sends people to hell forever for "sins" committed in a blip of time, I'm sorry, that is evil.

YEAH, people are never responsible for what they do (in a blip of time); because that would mean taking responsibility for what they might do or have done.

Or maybe the person should love themselves and not commit their "sins". :good4u:

Free will, you dumb ass; but then you don't believe in people being able to think and act by themselves, because you're a sheep.

:evilnod:

I've bee down this free will path with you morons countless times. It's nothing more than a copout for you idiots to explain your impotent god.

If you have your omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent god, he/she/it knows all that there has been or will be past, parent and future. Your free will goes right into the crapper if there exists that being that will knows what your future will be.

Then you are concluding one of three possibilities;
#1. Good and evil do not exist.
#2. God is neither omnipotent or omniscient.
#3. God is indifferent to good and evil.

I believe a deity that actually existed would certainly be indifferent to any human standard for "good" or "evil"....

I've bee down this free will path with you morons countless times. It's nothing more than a copout for you idiots to explain your impotent god.

If you have your omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent god, he/she/it knows all that there has been or will be past, parent and future. Your free will goes right into the crapper if there exists that being that will knows what your future will be.

Untrue; because the denial is you failing to accept that you have free will and with that also comes personal responsibility.
You just want to be able to excuse away, the things that you do or don't do.

of course, the essence of Christianity is that you don't go to hell forever for committing sins in a blip of time........you go to hell for a lifetime of rejecting God......

You left out the idea of free will and therefore WE are responsible, regarding good and evil; but that would mean that people would have to act and accept responsibility for what they do or don't do.

So are you suggesting that nothing bad ever happens to good people?

assuming god is real, then that means he is the arbiter of what is good or evil. Of course you could disagree but you'll be burning in eternal hellfire with all of your righteous indignation. Evil by nature is to be against god, and as such, god cannot be evil, because god is not against itself. If god demanded child sacrifice, then on a universal scale, that would be a good and godly thing.

God is just a being that is very powerful, he has no right to be the ultimate arbiter of good and evil than random tyrant. Good and evil derives from reason, not the use of force by powerful people.

Is God evil? Well can an omnipotent deity who created everything including evil not also be evil? Are not good and evil two sides of the same coin? Would not God then be both good and evil? For if there is no evil there is no good.

Nope. God is purely evil and sent us here to suffer. Life is not a miracle, it is an act of malice.

Untrue; because the denial is you failing to accept that you have free will and with that also comes personal responsibility.
You just want to be able to excuse away, the things that you do or don't do.

Try a little solid logic here, pal. If your deity knows exactly when you you are going to shit tomorrow, that removes your free will on when you finally do. Maybe that will clear out your head a bit, too.

Try to keep up, moron. I believe totally in free will and personal responsibility. That's because I have no use for your contrived "perfect" deity.

You left out the idea of free will and therefore WE are responsible, regarding good and evil; but that would mean that people would have to act and accept responsibility for what they do or don't do.

If God would be taking away peoples free will by preventing them from doing evil, then who are we to try and prevent them from doing evil? Why not just let people run wild? Legalize rape and murder, as God has essentially done? Shouldn't we aspire to do as God does?

of course, the essence of Christianity is that you don't go to hell forever for committing sins in a blip of time........you go to hell for a lifetime of rejecting God......

lol

Your god supposedly gave people brains, but he will punish them for eternity for using them. Vindictive cocksucker, isn't he?

Try a little solid logic here, pal. If your deity knows exactly when you you are going to shit tomorrow, that removes your free will on when you finally do. Maybe that will clear out your head a bit, too.

Try to keep up, moron. I believe totally in free will and personal responsibility. That's because I have no use for your contrived "perfect" deity.
Our free will has nothing to do with the unjust punishment of supposed eternal hell fire. The eternal punishment does not fit the crime.

Back