Is Red Team here at JPP mostly Christian Jihadists?

I believe you are correct about some here. But by the same token I find no passage in the bible that says in order to be a Christian one must act like Jesus.

[h=3]1 John 2:6 ESV / 585 helpful votes [/h]Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

[h=3]1 Peter 2:21 ESV / 462 helpful votes [/h]For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.

[h=3]1 Corinthians 11:1 ESV / 460 helpful votes [/h]Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.

[h=3][/h]

Half the reason I've made it through the hells of my life is because of my faith. Any person that says they are a Christian can't take that label lightly. You can't pick and choose based on what suits you. For instance, you can't say you are pro-life and expect to use Christianity as backing if you support the death penalty.

There are so many things to go on for this but the biggest thing I see from the ones I speak of is this. You look at every focus that carries Christian ideas with them and it's always about what others do and not what they can do or should do. Everything is more of a focus against what others do. Maybe they forget that the Bible tells us that we are not the ones that can condemn them for sin. Casting shadows of guilt seems to be these types modus operandi.

You are a Christian in the same way that my mother was. She taught Sunday School for decades. One of the tenets of her own faith was not to worry about what other ppl were doing; focus on your own behavior and relationship with God, and thereby be an example to others.

You are a Christian in the same way that my mother was. She taught Sunday School for decades. One of the tenets of her own faith was not to worry about what other ppl were doing; focus on your own behavior and relationship with God, and thereby be an example to others.
Our mothers had a lot in common.

If you believe in what Jesus said

Your follow his path of LOVE and KINDNESS

not boasting that your religious claim makes you better than everyone else

Their language, their attitudes towards others, their lack of following the teachings of Jesus. I’m no longer a Christian, but I know those who follows Christ, like my parents, are a true example of Christianity and many of those on here, who claim to be Christians, do not act like Jesus.

Ra-men.

*THIS* man is a Christian. 95 years old. Falls and busts his face and gets stitches. Shows up to work at a Habitat for Humanity site anyways. Jimmy walks the walk.

icASyga.jpg

Half the reason I've made it through the hells of my life is because of my faith. Any person that says they are a Christian can't take that label lightly. You can't pick and choose based on what suits you. For instance, you can't say you are pro-life and expect to use Christianity as backing if you support the death penalty.

There are so many things to go on for this but the biggest thing I see from the ones I speak of is this. You look at every focus that carries Christian ideas with them and it's always about what others do and not what they can do or should do. Everything is more of a focus against what others do. Maybe they forget that the Bible tells us that we are not the ones that can condemn them for sin. Casting shadows of guilt seems to be these types modus operandi.

I am an atheist

Jesus was one of the worlds GREAT philosophers

the sheer beauty of his words and deeds Inspires all who have a heart

Ra-men.

*THIS* man is a Christian. 95 years old. Falls and busts his face and gets stitches. Shows up to work at a Habitat for Humanity site anyways. Jimmy walks the walk.

icASyga.jpg

Im old enough to remember the savaging the Republican part did to him

PURE EVIL

I believe you are correct about some here. But by the same token I find no passage in the bible that says in order to be a Christian one must act like Jesus.
[h=3]1 John 2:6 ESV / 585 helpful votes [/h]Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

[h=3]1 Peter 2:21 ESV / 462 helpful votes [/h]For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.

[h=3]1 Corinthians 11:1 ESV / 460 helpful votes [/h]Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.

[h=3][/h]

I always find it quite remarkable that agnostics, deists, and atheists on message boards often know more about Christianity than those who claim to be devout practicing Christians.

[h=3][/h]

1 Peter 2:21 ESV
For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.

In verses 18–20, Peter has been discussing why and how Christians must submit to the human authority of their masters. This is a necessary part of submitting to the true authority: God Himself. Peter wrote that enduring pain and sadness for unjust suffering at the hands of human masters is commendable before God. In verse 21, he makes a bold and surprising statement: All Christians are called to endure suffering for doing what is good. We are Jesus-followers, after all, and that's what Jesus did.

1 John 2:6 ESV
Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

Which means Christians should try to live like Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:1 ESV Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.

Which means we should follow Jesus's pattern of life and not demand things one is entitled to.

Sorry Phan it doesn't mean we should emulate Jesus.

Lol, we're talking today, not ancient history. And no, even Crusaders weren't Jihadis.

Must be ancient history in the 21st century of this Christian Nation more perfect union of "serve the Pope or die" Christiananality pedophilia crusade & Islam "death to the infidels" dhimmitude servitude jihad for Israel as a reincarnation of Nazi Germany Kristallnacht Holocaust from those burning Bush's 9/11 Al Qaeda health care act to nuke Temple Mount holycosts fiasco.

I always find it quite remarkable that agnostics, deists, and atheists on message boards often know more about Christianity than those who claim to be devout practicing Christians.

I agree and for the record I never claimed to be devout but just a practicing Christian.

I agree and for the record I never claimed to be devout but just a practicing Christian.
I am not going to begrudge anyone for not being an expert on Christianity. I have taken classes on Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, and Buddhism, and I am not even remotely close to being able to speak on those religions with credible authority.

It just strikes me that agnostics on message boards often seem to know more about Christianity than message board Christians do.

In verses 18–20, Peter has been discussing why and how Christians must submit to the human authority of their masters. This is a necessary part of submitting to the true authority: God Himself. Peter wrote that enduring pain and sadness for unjust suffering at the hands of human masters is commendable before God. In verse 21, he makes a bold and surprising statement: All Christians are called to endure suffering for doing what is good. We are Jesus-followers, after all, and that's what Jesus did.

Which means we should follow Jesus's pattern of life and not demand things one is entitled to.

Lol, that’s crazy twisting on your part Eagle. You contradict yourself.

I am not going to begrudge anyone for not being an expert on Christianity. I have taken classes on Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, and Buddhism, and I am not even remotely close to being able to speak on those religions with credible authority.

It just strikes me that agnostics on message boards often seem to know more about Christianity than message board Christians do.
He’s a practicing Christian that thinks the Bible doesn’t tell him to emulate Jesus? Huh?

Organized Religion is a path to evil

all it does is create a scaffolding for evil to climb to power over others

believe whatever is in your heart

stop organizing

Nothing wrong with that opinion, but....

In the Eastern Orthodox tradition the emphasis is not on theology, but on the correct way to glorify God. The focus is on ceremony, with an emphasis on the mysticism of the sacrament, the richness of the liturgy, and the beauty and holiness of sacred objects such as icons and mosaics.

That is the kind of thing that requires communal participation and a purposeful sense of aesthetics and dedication to the mysticism of ceremony, icons, and the church itself.

jesus lived as he preached

why would you argue he wanted YOU to not live as he preached

because you are evil

Back