Is Red Team here at JPP mostly Christian Jihadists?

Nothing wrong with that opinion, but....

In the Eastern Orthodox tradition the emphasis is not on theology, but on the correct way to glorify God. The focus is on ceremony, with an emphasis on the mysticism of the sacrament, the richness of the liturgy, and the beauty and holiness of sacred objects such as icons and mosaics.

That is the kind of thing that requires communal participation and a purposeful sense of aesthetics and dedication to the mysticism of ceremony, icons, and the church itself.

a created by organized religion idea

does Jesus speak of these demands on Christians

a created by organized religion idea

does Jesus speak of these demands on Christians
Paul is the founder of Christianity.

You are correct, that Jesus was a Jewish teacher who never spoke of the need for a religion called Christianity.

Lol, that’s crazy twisting on your part Eagle. You contradict yourself.

Do you understand the difference between walking in ones shoes and copying one?
You are expected to suffer trials and tribulations without complaint like Christ did, be kind to those in need. And to forgive those who harm you! That is what the passages mean they don't mean emulate Christ. I hope you are not so ignorant as to not understand the difference.

I try - and often fail - to emulate Jesus, and I cannot even consider myself a traditional practicing Christian.
The teachings of Jesus, many similar to Eastern teachings, are inspiring. Do unto other as you would have done to you, love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek, help the least of your brethren. I try to emulate Jesus in following these rules.

You are expected to suffer trials and tribulations without complaint like Christ did, be kind to those in need. And to forgive those who harm you! That is what the passages mean they don't mean emulate Christ. I hope you are not so ignorant as to not understand the difference.
Lol, it isn’t ignorance on my part.

https://www.christianity.com/jesus/...-and-missions/your-mission-emulate-jesus.html

https://www.bibletools.org/index.cf...ow/RTD/cgg/ID/8571/Emulating-Jesus-Christ.htm

https://www.ucg.org/sermons/emulating-jesus-christs-attributes-part-

Paul is the founder of Christianity.

You are correct, that Jesus was a Jewish teacher who never spoke of the need for a religion called Christianity.

and there are many versions

there should be only Jesus's words in my mind

all theb rituals and pomp were created by men who organized and then granted power to other men to RULE those religions

no matte how well intended at FIRST

they have been controlled by evil at some point and will be controlled by evil at some point in the future

don't organize a to the point someone is ruling over your beliefs

history is replete with evil done in the Name of some ones ORGANIZED RELIGION

yes they do mean ypu to live like Jesus

Jesus lived as the example of what you are supposed to strive for

BTW you do none of those things here

you hate people in need

Nothing wrong with that opinion, but....
In the Eastern Orthodox tradition the emphasis is not on theology, but on the correct way to glorify God. The focus is on ceremony, with an emphasis on the mysticism of the sacrament, the richness of the liturgy, and the beauty and holiness of sacred objects such as icons and mosaics.
That is the kind of thing that requires communal participation and a purposeful sense of aesthetics and dedication to the mysticism of ceremony, icons, and the church itself.

When it results in repetitious Christ propaganda as if the only thing being ceremoniously glorified is "man is God" super egos while objects other than themselves are sacred only after they've been destroyed.

Emulate Christ

“Peter goes into some detail about how the disciples are to emulate Christ.”
Source: National Catholic Reporter
https://www.ncronline.org/blogs/spiritual-reflections/emulate-christ

“Our members aspire to emulate the life of Jesus Christ by providing faith and love to one another in community.”
Source: Greek Orthodox Church
https://www.nativityofchrist.org

“The major Holy Sacraments of The Eucharist, Baptism, Chrismation, Confession, Marriage, Holy Orders, and Holy Unction all help one emulate Christ's life, become like Christ and therefore like God.”
Source: St. George Orthodox Church
http://saintgeorgeknoxville.com/about/

This avoidance - acceptance mass neurosis of fascism signifying Christianity's burning Bush's nuke Temple Mount business with Al Qaeda "death to the infidels" 9/11 fiasco after 20 years is so trite.

SCOTUS Rehnquist's fabricated misnomer immaculate drug conception supreme swastika up Uranus court of thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament - absentee voting ballot arsonists in that Christian Nation tradition of federal sin existed before God just as Christ existed before God & those burning Bush's 9/11 Al Qaeda "death to the infidels" health care plan Federal Lynching KKK churchtstate of hate Mengele Angel of Death WW II concentration camp baptise thine eyes by urinations defamations prior to exterminations Islamophobia existed before that second coming liberty & justice for all Christians "serve the Pope or die" megalomaniacal crusade 9/11.

?????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????

How this Islamidiotocracy more perfect union with Christianity could actually pull off those burning Bush's 9/11 Al Qaeda "death to the infidels" health care plan business without having Arab fabled Mohammed flying carpet terrorists nuke Temple Mount for lynching enforcement must be cognitive dissonance of these cross conditioned way beyond therapy super egos.

How this Islamidiotocracy more perfect union with Christianity could actually pull off those burning Bush's 9/11 Al Qaeda "death to the infidels" health care plan business without having Arab fabled Mohammed flying carpet terrorists nuke Temple Mount for lynching enforcement must be cognitive dissonance of these cross conditioned way beyond therapy super egos.

Again, ??????????????????????????

Well said. I agree with most of you post. I disagree that one can be anti-abortion and support the death penalty. Abortion involves the taking of a life that has never committed a mortal sin or harmed anyone or anything. Conversely the death penalty is the taking of a life that has committed a mortal sin and taken the life of another. There are many references in the bible supporting the death penalty. But each must worship and lead life as one believes.

You can be anti-abortion all you want but to be pro-life and expect to use Christianity as a backer, that alone doesn't cut it. Basically, I'm saying you can't use Christianity as a political tool if you pick and choose. I'm pro-life and don't enjoy people trying to pick and choose what life is sacred. Pro-life means all life is to be respected. I think Native Americans were some of the best examples of this.

and there are many versions

there should be only Jesus's words in my mind

all theb rituals and pomp were created by men who organized and then granted power to other men to RULE those religions

no matte how well intended at FIRST

they have been controlled by evil at some point and will be controlled by evil at some point in the future

don't organize a to the point someone is ruling over your beliefs

history is replete with evil done in the Name of some ones ORGANIZED RELIGION

I understand your opinion, but there is no way I could tell relatives and people in the Orthodox community that the beauty, richness, and mysticism they experience and feel in their liturgy, their sacrament, their ceremony, their Orthodox community are meaningless and perhaps even misguided or evil. Frankly, I find the Orthdox liturgy and ceremony to be uplifting and quite beautiful, even as I recognize the flaws in large religious institutions

The teachings of Jesus, many similar to Eastern teachings, are inspiring. Do unto other as you would have done to you, love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek, help the least of your brethren. I try to emulate Jesus in following these rules.

I think most of us do, even if we don't call ourselves "Christian" or any other religious flavor. I'm often surprised at those Xtians who feel that atheists can't be good, moral ppl w/o their Bible and gods. Some of the most ethical people I've ever known were/are atheists.

I think most of us do, even if we don't call ourselves "Christian" or any other religious flavor. I'm often surprised at those Xtians who feel that atheists can't be good, moral ppl w/o their Bible and gods. Some of the most ethical people I've ever known were/are atheists.

????????????????????????????

You can be anti-abortion all you want but to be pro-life and expect to use Christianity as a backer, that alone doesn't cut it. Basically, I'm saying you can't use Christianity as a political tool if you pick and choose. I'm pro-life and don't enjoy people trying to pick and choose what life is sacred. Pro-life means all life is to be respected. I think Native Americans were some of the best examples of this.

Ok I agree with you.

Back