Its all about choices

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel3
  • Start date Start date
There's nothing wrong with a positive attitude, but expressing it in the same way as a Democratic election speech...

"The other day I met a woman who gave me $1.37, that was all she had, so that I could help provide health care to her cat.. and she told me that without me there'd be no future! She drove 6,000,000 miles from the back sticks of Nowhere, AL, in her Gremlin that she lives in with her two dogs, her cat, and 5 children, because that was all she could afford... blah, blah"...

Well, expressing it that way. It's just sad and transparent. Here you could have made the choice to write something expressive in your own words, or to cut and paste a crappy chain e-mail...

Oh, so the reason you dislike it is because its not my own words but an email that I thought summed it up very well?

So its not the message you dislike, but my lack of originality?

Ok

The message is the same. Someone out there sat down and related an incident in their life and tried to share the message. Or someone out there sat down and invented the entire story just to add an example to the message.

But it doesn't change the message, just the window-dressing.

Oh, so the reason you dislike it is because its not my own words but an email that I thought summed it up very well?

So its not the message you dislike, but my lack of originality?

Ok

The message is the same. Someone out there sat down and related an incident in their life and tried to share the message. Or someone out there sat down and invented the entire story just to add an example to the message.

But it doesn't change the message, just the window-dressing.
LOL.

Yup. How one expresses themselves is a choice. They can either take the time to make a well-reasoned argument, or they can express it in somebody else's words that are generic and simplistic and without regard to the myriad events that may be contrary.

Either way, it was a choice you made...

;)

(He's taking it all personal and stuff... Maybe I'll be nicer just for the heck of it... Maybe not too... I'll make that choice later...)

LOL.

Yup. How one expresses themselves is a choice. They can either take the time to make a well-reasoned argument, or they can express it in somebody else's words that are generic and simplistic and without regard to the myriad events that may be contrary.

Either way, it was a choice you made...

;)

(He's taking it all personal and stuff... Maybe I'll be nicer just for the heck of it...)

No, I am not taking it personally. This is an internet bulletin board. I don't take it seriously, even though I will argue with a fence post if I think I am right.

Sometimes someone else's words strike a cord with you. This cheesy email did so with me. Thats why I reposted it here.

And if I took the time to rough draft, rewrite, edit, and rewrite again so that I could post something about a positive attitude it would have taken away from other parts of my life. So I had a choice. And I made it and I am quite content to live with this choice.

No, I am not taking it personally. This is an internet bulletin board. I don't take it seriously, even though I will argue with a fence post if I think I am right.

Sometimes someone else's words strike a cord with you. This cheesy email did so with me. Thats why I reposted it here.

And if I took the time to rough draft, rewrite, edit, and rewrite again so that I could post something about a positive attitude it would have taken away from other parts of my life. So I had a choice. And I made it and I am quite content to live with this choice.
Whether or not you think you can, you are right.

You could have just posted this instead.

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...

Is everybody whistling?

You could have just posted this instead.

Is everybody whistling?

I am, but to a different song, Rogers & Hammerstein :p:

Whenever I feel afraid I hold my head erect
And whistle a happy tune
So no one will suspect I'm afraid

While shivering in my shoes I strike a careless pose
And whistle a happy tune
And no one ever knows I'm afraid

The result of this deception is very strange to tell
For when I fool the people I fear
I fool myself as well

I whistle a happy tune and every single time
The happiness in the tune
Convinces me that I'm not afraid

Make believe you're brave and the trick will take you far
You may be as brave
As you make believe you are

You may be as brave

I don't think I'll ever be afraid again

While shivering in my shoes I strike a careless pose
And whistle a happy tune
And no one ever knows I'm afraid

The result of this deception is very strange to tell
For when I fool the people I fear
I fool myself as well

I whistle a happy tune and every single time
The happiness in the tune
Convinces me that I'm not afraid

Make believe you're brave and the trick will take you far
You may be as brave

You may be as brave

And Always let your conscience be your guide.

Give a little whistle. Just one fucking whistle you thankless bastard.

And dumbo, you don't need that feather, Idiot.

You CHOOSE to make either bad decisions and good decisions! There is no chance in life! If you'd just always CHOOSE good decisions you'd be fine!

How retarded.

You CHOOSE to make either bad decisions and good decisions! There is no chance in life! If you'd just always CHOOSE good decisions you'd be fine!

How retarded.

What is retarded is that you read what has been said on this thread and came to that conclusion.

No, it isn't that you only make good choices. Its about how you choose to live life.

life is all about choices yours or those others make. Well mostly, we do have natural disasters that no one can predict. Not quite like choosing to live in a flood plain or below sea level behind dikes or on a beach in a hurricane zone. You live in those areas you will get hit is is just a matter of when and how hard.

life is all about choices yours or those others make. Well mostly, we do have natural disasters that no one can predict. Not quite like choosing to live in a flood plain or below sea level behind dikes or on a beach in a hurricane zone. You live in those areas you will get hit is is just a matter of when and how hard.

Life is going to suck some of the time. For some, its going to suck a lot of the time. It isn't fair, but its reality.

Well Friedrich Nietzsche once said:

"Men were thought of as free so that they could become guilty: consequently, every action had to be thought of as willed, the origin of every action as lying in the consciousness... ...Today, when we have started to move in the reverse direction, when we immoralists especially are trying with all our might to remove the concept of guilt and the concept of punishment from the world and to purge psychology, history, nature, the social institutions and sanctions of them, there is in our eyes no more radical opposition than that of the theologians, who continue to infect the innocence of becoming with 'punishment' and 'guilt' by means of the concept of the 'moral world-order'. Christianity is a hangman's metaphysics. "

Don't you see?! It's not my fault?!

Needless to say, Nietzsche was a loser.

"The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter," he replied. "Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or...I could choose to die. I chose to live.."

RETARDED.

It doesn't matter what the hell your thinking whenever you die, how "strong" you were in death. Death is a purely physical occurrence and it doesn't care about your mental state.

How retarded.

LOL and notice that the guy made a horrible decision - choosing to fall off of the building. :clink:

I guess it was his will to power...

Back