Its all about choices

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel3
  • Start date Start date
"The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter," he replied. "Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or...I could choose to die. I chose to live.."

RETARDED.

It doesn't matter what the hell your thinking whenever you die, how "strong" you were in death. Death is a purely physical occurrence and it doesn't care about your mental state.

And you are very much wrong, WM. Numerous medical studies have shown that a positive mental outlook can have a profound effect on a person's ability to heal.

And conversely, a very negative outlook can have a profound effect on a person's inability to heal.

Yeah, he chose to fall. Jeez people, ya'll cannot be that stupid.

I'm not sure why I bother.

life is all about choices yours or those others make. Well mostly, we do have natural disasters that no one can predict. Not quite like choosing to live in a flood plain or below sea level behind dikes or on a beach in a hurricane zone. You live in those areas you will get hit is is just a matter of when and how hard.
There is no claim that we are 100% in control of events. The claim is that we are in control of how we react to those events.

Nor is there a claim that a positive attitude means a blind, grinning acceptance of "fate", or a blind grinning acceptance of the consequences for mistakes. One can recognize the "bad" in a situation - whether the situation is the result of one's own mistake, or the result of events outside one's control - and do something about that "bad" without the need to form a negative attitude about the bad. A person who is poor can choose to be unhappy because they are poor, or they can choose to be happy while making do with what they have and simultaneously striving to pull themselves out of poverty. One does not have to be unhappy to motivate them to strive for change of circumstances.

If a disaster happens, one can react to the disaster with a positive or negative attitude. Both attitudes have the ability to motive the individual to take the necessary steps to recover from the disaster. But the positive attitude will also allow the individual some modicum of happiness while acting to recover. Negative attitudes tend to blanket and diminish happiness.

Likewise good events can be viewed positively, or negatively. One can choose to be happy winning second place, or miserable for not placing first.

Life happens; some of which we control and some of which we do not control. The choice available to us, no matter what happens, is to regard each and every one of life's events from a positive view, or a negative view.

These fascists are just preparing a blame the victim stategy so they can tell people to just cheer up when they lose their homes, jobs, and future.

they have already been blainming the "victims" as much as they can.
spome victims do deserve a share in the blame though. But not all obviously with hundreds of mortgage agents indicted for fraud.

Why are you neocon fascists so invested in this "don't worry, be happy" simpletonism?

I can't answer for any of the neocon fascists, and no one said don't worry, but being happy is a far better way to live.

And, being the nice guy that I am, I want to help as many people find a better way to live as I can.

Why are you so against being happy?

I can't answer for any of the neocon fascists, and no one said don't worry, but being happy is a far better way to live.

And, being the nice guy that I am, I want to help as many people find a better way to live as I can.

Why are you so against being happy?

I'm not against being happy. But there's also a place in life for righteous indignation, anger, and just plain being pissed off. But don't you worry, peaches.

These fascists are just preparing a blame the victim stategy so they can tell people to just cheer up when they lose their homes, jobs, and future.

Let me ask you, asshat, will anything about their situation change by them being happy or sad? Will being mad bring their home back, get them a job or help them with their future?

But a good outlook will keep them healthier, make them more likely to get a better job, and help them face their future.

Unless, of course, you want them to commit suicide.

Hatred certainly won't get you anywhere that you want to stay.

I'm not against being happy. But there's also a place in life for righteous indignation, anger, and just plain being pissed off. But don't you worry, peaches.

Your reading skills must be sorely lacking if you think anything that I have written says people should just fold up and let life roll over them, and they should smile all the while.

Yes, there is a place for anger and being pissed off. But that place is not anywhere people want to be. And it isn't going to get you anywhere.

Go in and start ranting and raving and see where it gets you. Its gets you into a confrontation. Go in an talk in a rational way and you don't start the situation off in an adversarial way. If it gets to a point that you should get angry, then do so.

But no one is saying that someone should be stupid about their life.

You are just trying to find holes in what is good advice.

You certainly seem a lot more interested in being pissed off than in being happy. Mores the pity, it is your life you will be making miserable.

You're not perceptive.

Reread my original posts and then look at your posts. Now tell me who is not perceptive.

You have written several times like you think I am advising that people should just smile and be happily oblivious to all the bad things in their life. You seem to think I am telling people to become a smiling fool.

And that is most certainly not what I (or anyone else) had said.

Reread my original posts and then look at your posts. Now tell me who is not perceptive.

You have written several times like you think I am advising that people should just smile and be happily oblivious to all the bad things in their life. You seem to think I am telling people to become a smiling fool.

And that is most certainly not what I (or anyone else) had said.

You are a non-perceptive smiling fool.

Getting angry about events is certainly understandable, even when the event in question is nothing more than the bad luck of being in the way of bad weather. Anger, fear, etc. are the result of a billion years of evolution, so denying them is not a good thing to do. But holding onto anger, fear, or despair, is self defeating in the long run. Let it run it's course, then get rid of it as quickly as possible. While one can use anger as a motivator to make changes, all too often the anger will lead to clouded judgment, blame laying instead of problem solving, which ultimately results in poor choices about what changes to make and how to make them.

Conversely, letting go of anger, frustration, despair will not only lighten the outlook of the present , but will also allow for a more clear evaluation of the situation, the true causes of the difficulty, and lead to better, more workable solutions. It also allows for a better way of life (happiness) while applying those solutions.

Getting angry about events is certainly understandable, even when the event in question is nothing more than the bad luck of being in the way of bad weather. Anger, fear, etc. are the result of a billion years of evolution, so denying them is not a good thing to do. But holding onto anger, fear, or despair, is self defeating in the long run. Let it run it's course, then get rid of it as quickly as possible. While one can use anger as a motivator to make changes, all too often the anger will lead to clouded judgment, blame laying instead of problem solving, which ultimately results in poor choices about what changes to make and how to make them.

Conversely, letting go of anger, frustration, despair will not only lighten the outlook of the present , but will also allow for a more clear evaluation of the situation, the true causes of the difficulty, and lead to better, more workable solutions. It also allows for a better way of life (happiness) while applying those solutions.

Like you said, anger is a motivator. It has it's place.

Don't act so enlightened when you're too fundamentally fascist to admit how fiat currency is a statist/fascist scam.

Last edited:
Back