Jade's favorite places share. Limited ban list.

Jade Dragon

And I'm the one that jaded you.
This is a discussion to share your favorite places. A restaurant, a natural wonder, a city, etc.

This place is an awesome brewery, and they have a brewpub not far from us. They were even featured in Food, and Wine Magazine.

http://www.jollypumpkin.com/jp/landing-page.html

This is a favorite.
maracaibo.jpg

I once drove five hours (one way) just to buy some chili cheese focaccia from Schat's bakery in Bishop, California.

http://schatsbakery.com/

The other excuse to make the trip, besides the focaccia, is the scenic drive. Through Yosemite, over Tioga Pass, past Mono Lake, and through the Long Valley Caldera. Glacial terrains, high desert, alpine lakes, and more.
I am telling you man, five hours of some of the most scenic landscapes one can imagine.

I once drove five hours (one way) just to buy some chili cheese focaccia from Schat's bakery in Bishop, California.

http://schatsbakery.com/

The other excuse to make the trip, besides the focaccia, is the scenic drive. Through Yosemite, over Tioga Pass, past Mono Lake, and through the Long Valley Caldera. Glacial terrains, high desert, alpine lakes, and more.
I am telling you man, five hours of some of the most scenic landscapes one can imagine.

That's for sure. Although they had a small rock slide that blocked the road when we were visiting in 09. I keep the best picture of each place of or travel, in my photos here.
attachment.php

Last edited:
That's for sure. Although they had a small rock slide that blocked the road when we were visiting in 09. I keep the best picture of each place of or travel, in my photos here.
attachment.php

Nice photo.
Yosemite Valley gets crowded, but it might literally be the most beautiful place I have ever been. I have incredible memories of back packing the Yosemite back country. I have never seen an turquoise blue color quite like this alpine glacial lakes above the tree line.

Another thing I discovered in my adventures is the Pigeon Point lighthouse.
Years ago I discovered you can rent rooms and stay overnight at the light house. Ever since, it has been one of my favorite romantic weekend get-aways!

http://www.norcalhostels.org/pigeon

Next to our high and comfy bed, I think my favorite place is right here in front of the puter. Got lots of friends (and family too!) to talk to through its interface. If I turn my head a bit to the right there is Lake Superior in all her glory. A bit behind the monitor is another window that faces the forest and sky, the birds and sometimes a bear. But for far-away places, my heart belongs to Alaska.

I have yet to dine at the two finest restaurants in my town: An Italian place called Vince's, and a seafood place called Salty's.

The most exotic cities I've been to now are San Diego and Vegas. Previously, it was Orlando. I guess the most exotic places to go in WA are the San Juan Islands.

Lastly, I visited Zion and the North Face of the Grand Canyon last summer. While not natural, I toured Xanadu (Hearst Castle) in San Simeon the summer before that.

Next to our high and comfy bed, I think my favorite place is right here in front of the puter. Got lots of friends (and family too!) to talk to through its interface. If I turn my head a bit to the right there is Lake Superior in all her glory. A bit behind the monitor is another window that faces the forest and sky, the birds and sometimes a bear. But for far-away places, my heart belongs to Alaska.

I have always had a deep affinity for lakes. There is magic in lakes....and the Great Lakes are remarkable.

“A lake is a landscape's most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth's eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature.” - Henry David Thoreau

I have always had a deep affinity for lakes. There is magic in lakes....and the Great Lakes are remarkable.

There *is* magic. Here's yesterday's dawn; this morning was a repeat. How grateful I am that when I open the bedroom door in the morning, this is the first thing seen.

E4q8txV.jpg

Nice photo.
Yosemite Valley gets crowded, but it might literally be the most beautiful place I have ever been. I have incredible memories of back packing the Yosemite back country. I have never seen an turquoise blue color quite like this alpine glacial lakes above the tree line.

Another thing I discovered in my adventures is the Pigeon Point lighthouse.
Years ago I discovered you can rent rooms and stay overnight at the light house. Ever since, it has been one of my favorite romantic weekend get-aways!

http://www.norcalhostels.org/pigeon

if you're ever in Western Colorado, try to get to see the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

https://goo.gl/images/GJSofz

There *is* magic. Here's yesterday's dawn; this morning was a repeat. How grateful I am that when I open the bedroom door in the morning, this is the first thing seen.

E4q8txV.jpg

Incredible. I have yet to see Lake Superior...and I probably should!

Also on my list of lake magic to see....

Boundary Waters - Minnesota-Ontario
Lake Baikal - Russian Federation

Incredible. I have yet to see Lake Superior...and I probably should!

Also on my list of lake magic to see....

Boundary Waters - Minnesota-Ontario
Lake Baikal - Russian Federation

We've talked about kayaking in the Boundary Waters. It looks like a mysterious and beautiful place. They say the insects are pretty awful so best to go in the autumn.

PS -- LOL @ the pathetic little man who is barred from here so had to put groans on the posts, like the petty POS that he is.

We've talked about kayaking in the Boundary Waters. It looks like a mysterious and beautiful place. They say the insects are pretty awful so best to go in the autumn.

PS -- LOL @ the pathetic little man who is barred from here so had to put groans on the posts, like the petty POS that he is.

Exactly, the canoe trip is reportedly a classic! Absolute magic!

Re: do actual men use the groans?....seems to me like more like a tool that would appeal to teenage mean girls.

Back