Jade's favorite places share. Limited ban list.

We went white water rafting on the Arkansas River near Royal Gorge a few years ago. Have you ever been there? It's spectacular! Colorado is amazing.

My brother moved to Denver, from Houston, and it was added to our trip itinerary to go there. We're going back to Estes park again. Did you know there is an infamous hotel in Estes park? It is where The Shining was conceived, after the author had nightmares there.

stanley-hotel-estes_dp_680.jpg

Tuna belly?
Exactly as it sounds. It’s the skirt meat where the belly of the fish is. It, like pork belly, is a very fatty cut of meat from the tuna and like pork belly/bacon, it has a very umami flavor. Particularly when it’s broiled. If you’ve ever had sushi with fatty tuna, that was tuna belly. So imagine a big steak of Sushi grade fatty tuna grilled like a steak to medium, seasoned with a little sea salt and a spritz of citrus and served on a banana leaf. Ok...I have to stop...I’m drooling.

Exactly as it sounds. It’s the skirt meat where the belly of the fish is. It, like pork belly, is a very fatty cut of meat from the tuna and like pork belly/bacon, it has a very umami flavor. Particularly when it’s broiled. If you’ve ever had sushi with fatty tuna, that was tuna belly. So imagine a big steak of Sushi grade fatty tuna grilled like a steak to medium, seasoned with a little sea salt and a spritz of citrus and served on a banana leaf. Ok...I have to stop...I’m drooling.

I'd eat me some of that!

You're always drooling, old age mate!

We've talked about kayaking in the Boundary Waters. It looks like a mysterious and beautiful place. They say the insects are pretty awful so best to go in the autumn.

PS -- LOL @ the pathetic little man who is barred from here so had to put groans on the posts, like the petty POS that he is.

You use a closed thread to attack someone? What a brave thing to do. Your family must be so proud.

Enchanted Circle of New Mexico.
First area where I spent lots of time after leaving a shithole for good in '91. Like I was born again.

EC500.jpg

You use a closed thread to attack someone? What a brave thing to do. Your family must be so proud.

Eagles is attacking the thread by groaning everything, and making a mock discussion, and you go after Owls for calling it out? I'll allow crap at Eagles since he is stalking and is attention needy, but you don't go after a fellow poster in these discussions of mine. It's the rule I made, and I only give a few warnings.

I've heard a lot of good things about New Mexico. The housing costs there are pretty steep though.

Watch out for the speed trap, after switching onto 54, past Tucumcari. They get you a ways off the switch, before you even get to noticing what the speed limit is. It's bullshit, but would cost more to go back, and contest the bullshit, than to just pay the extortionists.

Back